1998 Farr 30
- View Full Specifications
Ovington Farr 30
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Drymen, Stirling, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 29,850 Tax Paid (US$ 38,945)
Ovington Farr 30 (Mumm 30) "Wild Haggis". Recently professionaly resprayed in Awlgrip and always stored ashore under cover in a purpose built garage at the owner's home. A competitive and rewarding boat to sail and this one has been well looked after.
We look forward to organising your viewing and answering any questions you may have.
Rhu Boat Sales, Michael Schmidt & Partner, Tel: +0044(0)1436 821606 - email@example.com
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ
Boats are available for viewing on PONTOONS, HARD STANDING (ladder access), on MOORINGS and in some cases FURTHER AFIELD. Please contact us before hand to check the location of the vessel you wish to view and any special requirements. If you are traveling a distance this is especially important in order to make sure the boats you wish to view are in their advertised location and available for viewing.
Please contact at +44 (0)1436 821606
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 9.43 m
Beam: 3.07 m
LWL: 8.40 m
Minimum Draft: 2.10 m
Maximum Draft: 2.10 m
Displacement: 2069 kgs
Ballast: 906 kgs
Total Power: 10 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 2004
Engine Model: 1GM10
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Sail drive
Engine Power: 10 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 (55 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: 1 Plastic (25 Liters)
Number of single berths: 4
Number of cabins: 1
Number of heads: 1
- LOA 9.43m.
- LWL 8.40m.
- Beam 3.08m.
- Draft 2.10m.
- Displacement 2,069Kg.
- Ballast 906Kg.
Interior and Accommodation
A nice clear easily managed interikor with 4 single berths either side of the cabin.
- 12v led lighting.
- 1.28m headroom.
- White GRP interior.
- Single burner camping stove (new).
- GRP sink with manual fresh water. Water pump replaced in 2017,
- Chemical toilet.
Hull, Deck and Keel
The hull is carefully built of vacuum bagged wet pre-preg epoxy and post cured in an oven with the same materials and processes so well developed in the MUMM 36. The rudder stock is autoclaved carbon fiber: strong, light, and virtually maintenance free.
- White hull with grey waterline stripe. Professionaly resprayed in Awlgrip by Silvers Marine in 2019.
- Deck and side decks are in grey nonslip.
- Fin keel with lead bulb.
- Stainless steel pulpit and quarter p[ushpits with double stainless steel guardwires. Hyde pads for comfortable hiking and helm back rest.
- New lifelines fitted - uppers in 2019 and lowers in 2017..
- 2 mooring warps - 3 strand polyester 2016.
- 2 springs - 3 strand polyester 2016.
- 1 mooring cleat at the the bow.
- 3 grey fenders.
- Deck brush.
- Boat hook.
- Small kedge anchor 2m of chain and 28m polly prop line.
- Large kedge anchor with chain and warp.
- Spare anchor and chain.
- Harken primary and secondary winches. New 2013.
- 2 winch handles.
Other deck gear -
- New Harken mainsheet blocks 2017.
- New Harken vang cascade 2018.
- Lewmar mainsheet track bearings replaced 2017.
Rig and Sails
- Carbon, fractionaly rigged mast. New Harken masthead sheaves 2020.
- Black anodised alluiminium boom.
- Rod and 1x19 stainless wire rigging replaced in 2020.
- Harken twin grouve headfoil 2012.
- Carbon spinnaker pole.
- Spinnlock XTS rope clutches and Harken Cam cleats.
- All deck hardware new 2014 except tracks and blocks.
Running rigging -
- Dyneema main halyard. New 2018.
- Dyneema genoa halyard.
- Dyneema Spi 1 & Spi 2.
- Dyneema Mainsheet. New 2018.
- Dyneema genoa sheets. New 2017.
- Dyneema spi sheets and guys.
- Dyneema pole up (highlift). New 2018.
Regatta sails -
- North 3DL mainsail, 2012 - Regatta Sail
- North J1 3DL, 2012 - Carbon / Aramid - Regatta sail
- North 3Di J2, 2012 - Regatta sail
- North S2 (34gm2) 2009 - Regatta sail
- North S4 (47gm2) 2009 - Regatta sail.
Club race -
- Quantum Carbon Kevlar mainsail, 2010 - Club race - GC.
- Quantum Carbon Kevlar mainsail, 2009 - Club race - GC.
- Quantum J1, 2010 - Carbon Kevlar - Club race - GC.
- Quantum J1, 2009 - Carbon Kevlar - Club race - GC.
- Quantum J2, 2010 - Carbon Kevlar - Club Race - GC.
- Quantum J2, 2009 - Carbon Kevlar - Club race - GC.
- Quantum J3, 2008 - Kevlar - Club race - GC.
- Quantum S2 2009 - Club race - GC.
- North S4 2009 - Club race - GC.
- Halsey Kevlar mainsail.
- North J1, 2006 - Carbon Kevlar.
- Voiles Kevlar J3.
- Storm Jib.
- Icom M423G VHF radio 2017.
- Vtronix VHF cockpit speaker 2017.
- 2 Nexus/Garmin NXR multifunction control units in cockpit.
- 3 Nexus/Garmin NX20 20/20 displays mounted on Nexus Carbon mast mount.
- Nexus/Garmin GPS.
- Nexus/Garmin echosounder.
- Nexus/Garmin compass.
- Nexus/Garmin speed/log.
- Garmin Gwind wind speed/direction at mast head 2018.
- Garmin Race Box. New 2019.
Machinery and Propulsion
- Yanmar IGM10, 10hp. 2004.
- Yanmar SD20 sail drive. New diaphragm saildrive seal 2019.
- Rewired 2018.
- 2 blade bronze folding prop.
- Morse engine controls.
- Last service August 2019.
- YUASA Marine 80amp/h domestic battery. New 2018.
- TUDOR TR350 Marine 30amp/h engine start battery.
- Engine alternator charging.
- Rottary battery issolator.
- 12v Led internal lighting.
Systems and Tankage
- New Vetus 55L flexible wate tank. never used.
- 25L plastic fuel tank.
- Aurora Coastal flare pack.Expires 12/2020.
- Manual bilge pump.
- 2 Biltema fire extinguishers.
- Ocean Safety Horeshoe life bouy with light and drogue and mounting bracket.
Navigation Lighting -
- Port and starboard bow lights. New 2019.
- Masthead white. New 2018.
- Stern white.
The trailer has double axles and shapped hull pads for and aft.
Brakes serviced and rear axle wheel bearings replaced 2016/17.
Spare set of wheel bearings.
- Towing weight - 3200kg.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as life rafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owner’s specific needs.
Whilst we make best effort to obtain documentation from Vendors it is advisable to check what is available before travelling to view or making an offer.