1998 Nautor Swan 44 MKII
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Westport, CT
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 245,000
Splendid cruising Swan 44 which is in her second ownership, having been shipped to the States for lazy summer sailing and winters tucked up under a fitted cover. She is in immaculate shape, and looked after lovingly. Only 1300 hours on the clock !
July 2018. Just reduced to $245 000.
Offered to co-brokers on a commission split of 50/50.
Please contact Alan Baines at +1 (401) 241-1280
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Nautor Swan
Designer: German Frers
LOA: 44 ft 0 in
Beam: 13 ft 8 in
LWL: 34 ft 7 in
Minimum Draft: 7 ft 2 in
Maximum Draft: 7 ft 2 in
Displacement: 11022 kgs
Ballast: 3810 kgs
Total Power: 50 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo
Engine Model: MD22L
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 50 HP
Number of single berths: 7
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
Meticulously maintained example of the very popular Swan 44 MkII. Two owners from new, the first owner kept the boat in Northern Finland. We sold the boat in 2000 to the current owner, and it was shipped to the US. She has been lightly used, shored ashore each winter, under cover, and sailed in Western Long Island Sound. A rare offering of one of the last of the cruising and racing friendly Swans.
Note: Name reserved.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Solid fiberglass hull with foam core stringers.
- Nautor white gelcoat, Nautor blue gelcoat stripes.
- Epoxy barrier coated from new.
- Blue bottom paint (April 2018).
- Max Bridge Clearance: 62’3”.
- Bronze seacocks and thru hull fittings.
- Transom with optional recessed bathing platform.
- Teak decks, vacuumed, glued with no screws over foam cored deck.
- Aluminum solid toerail.
Keel & Rudder:
- Lead fin keel with torpedo shaped bulb.
- Elliptical spade rudder.
- Rudder bearing installed in May 2017.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Volvo MD22L (1998) 50hp diesel engine with sail drive.
- Fresh water cooled.
- New heat exchanger installation in June 2015.
- Engine bed drip tray.
- Engine gauges behind Lexan panel in cockpit.
- Temperature, oil, fuel gauges.
- Warning lights and buzzer for alternator, low oil pressure and high temp.
- Fuel water separator filter with alarm.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine hours, 1375.7 hours.
Propulsion & Steering:
- 3-bladed bronze propeller.
- Sail drive service in January 2017.
- Nautor stainless steering wheel with elkhide cover.
- Single lever engine controls.
- 2 x 12v 8D AGM house batteries (Total, 460Ah) new April 2017.
- 1 x starting battery 12v AGM new 2016.
- 2 x 60 Amp alternators for combined charging house and engine batteries.
- DCV2000 volt meter.
- DCA amp meter.
- Freedom 2500-watt inverter charger.
- Battery parallel switch.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- 6 gallon hot water tank heated by engine and shore power.
- 2 x Manual bilge pump.
- 1 x Electric bilge pump.
- Total capacity of 300 litres (66 gallons) in 1 x stainless steel tank.
- Total capacity of 227 litres (50 gallons) in 2 x stainless steel tanks.
- Water tank level gauge (and dipstick).
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- Total capacity of 68 litres (15 gallons) in 2 x stainless steel tanks.
- Stainless holding tanks for each head.
- Holding tank pump outs on deck and overboard.
- Suunto compass at pedestal.
- Raymarine C80 plotter.
- Raymarine ST60 instruments, speed, depth, wind.
- Raymarine St60 multifunction at helm.
- Raymarine ST60 tridata at chart table.
- Raymarine 2kw radar.
- Raymarine ST7000 autopilot with wireless remote.
- Icom SSB ICm710.
- Shipmate RS8300 VHF at chart table.
- Delta biscaya active antenna.
- Fresh water foot pump at galley.
- Salt water pump at galley.
- Stainless steel double sink; pressurized hot and cold.
- Garbage bin.
- Gimbaled Force 10 3 burner stove with oven.
- Technautics 12v toploading freezer.
- Front loading Isotherm 12v refridgerator.
- Corian type counter tops in a flecked white.
- Two heads, the forward one is en-suite.
- Jabsco manual heads.
- Shower in both heads.
- Electric shower sump pumps.
- Deck shower with hot and cold at transom.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Diesel Eberspatcher D5W cabin heating in all cabins.
- 13" TV.
- Sony radio, speakers below.
- Night lights.
- Halogen overhead lighting.
- Reading lamps.
Summary of Accommodation:
- Cabin Headroom: 6’5”.
- Sleeps 7 in 3 cabins. 2 each in the sleeping cabins, and 3 in the saloon.
- High quality matched teak interior woodwork, with a hand rubbed satin finish.
- Teak and holly cabin sole.
- 7 x Opening deck hatches.
- 2 x Opening ports each side of coachroof.
- 2 x Opening ports into cockpit from aft head and aft cabin.
- Mosquito screens/ blinds.
- Lee cloths.
- Elkhide on mast.
Description of layout from forwards:
- Double V-berth with infill piece.
- Shelves and cupboards outboard, dresser and hanging locker to starboard.
- White gelcoat GRP lower liner, tiled floor. washbasin, mirror, pressurized hot and cold water.
- Towel holder, soap holder, hand held shower, shower sump pump.
- Jabsco manual toilet.
- Table on centerline with folding leaves on both sides, and fiddles.
- L shaped settee to port, straight settee to starboard.
- Lockers and shelves to starboard, pilot berth to port.
- Headroom 6'2"
- "L" shaped, to port, aft of saloon.
- On the port side, aft.
- Double berth with removable infill piece.
- Mattress cover and custom sheets.
- 6'3" headroom.
- Full length mirror.
- Reading lights and hanging locker.
- Storage lockers and shelves outboard.
- Sink, mirror, hand held shower, Jabsco manual toilet.
- Hand held shower and shower sump pump.
- Vent fan.
- Headroom 6'3".
- Two spreader Nautor anodised aluminum mast and boom.
- Mast/boom installation and rig inspection in May 2017.
- Harken mainsail track, with ballbearing cars.
- Hall carbon fiber spin pole.
- Fortis carbon fiber adjustable whisker pole
- Rod rigging.
- Inner forestay (removable).
- Shroud rollers.
- Deck floodlight.
- Navtec hydraulic backstay and vang.
- Harken headsail furling.
- Adjustable Harken genoa cars with lines lead to cockpit.
- Adjustable mainsail traveller on coachroof.
- Removable bowsprit that attaches to anchor roller.
- Harken winches 2 x 56.2ST, 4 x 48.2ST.
- Doyle carbon fiber main (2010).
- North spectra main (2001).
- Doyle carbon fiber roller furling #1 (2011).
- North Light #1 roller furling genoa (1998).
- North 142% kevlar furling genoa (2005).
- North 3DL furling #3 (2001).
- North 1.5 oz symmetric spinnaker 1998 (unused)
- North 0.75 oz Asymmetric spinnaker (2003).
- North cruising gennaker (1998).
- North storm jib (1998) never used.
- Deck access to anchor locker.
- Gate in lifeline, starboard side.
- Large cockpit locker, to starboard.
- Propane locker under helm seat.
- Fold down stainless swim ladder on transom (removed and stored at present).
- Dorade with 2 cowl vents forward.
- Stainless steel handrails on coachroof.
- Socket for flagpole.
- Cockpit table.
- Jack lines.
- Swan shipping cradle.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Lewmar Ocean anchor windlass, hand held control.
- Double anchor rollers.
- 6 mooring cleats.
- 1 x 45lb CQR anchor, 60'chain, 200' rode.
- 3 x Fenders with fleece covers.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Cockpit cushions - dark blue.
- Fairclough custom winter cover and frame.
- Sunbrella dodger.
- Custom bimini with zip on fly connector to dodger.
- Bimini screens for cockpit.
- Doyle Mainsail stack pack cradle cover.
- Sunbrella mainsail cover.
- Sunbrella genoa cover.
Tender & Outboard:
- Outboard bracket on pushpit.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Berthon
Newport, RI, United States
Long Beach, CA, United States
Jamestown, RI, United States
Fajardo, Puerto Rico