1998 Hallberg-Rassy 42F
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Hull Material:
- Last Listed Price:
- US$ 245,000
FULLY EQUIPPED AND READY TO CRUISE
PACK YOUR BAGS AND GO!
Francton is a superbly constructed bluewater sailboat built to the highest of standards, extensively updated, and unquestionably well maintained. Designed by German Frers and constructed under the supervision of Lloyds Register of Shipping, this certified bluewater boat will inspire confidence in her crew all the while maintaining a sensation of safety and comfort offshore.
The Hallberg Rassy 42F features a modern design with a well protected center cockpit, doghouse style windscreen, versatile sailplan easily managed from the helm, and a smart interior that is as luxurious as it is functional.
Francton's inventory list is extensive; new standing rigging, new sails, professionally inspected machinery, cruising amenities, full inventory of spare parts, and all the features desired by distance sailors. Review the complete inventory list to appreciate this excellent value.
- NEW Standing Rigging - 2013
- NEW Elvstrom Offshore Cruising Sails - 2013
- NEW Canvas - 2016
- Electric Winches
- Water Maker
- Bow Thruster
- Wind Generator
- Solar Panels
- Bow Thruster
- Dinghy and Motor Davits
- Rigging Inspected by Selden in 2015
- Engine Fully Serviced
Please contact Josh McLean at 954-527-0664
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: German Frers
LOA: 42 ft 0 in
Beam: 13 ft 0 in
Length on Deck: 43 ft 4 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 7 in
Displacement: 25000 lbs
Ballast: 9400 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 61 ft 6 in
Total Power: 76 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo Penta
Engine Model: TMD22
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 5430
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Engine Power: 76 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 (180 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (110 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (30 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
The Hallberg-Rassy 42F is a contemporary cruising yacht which embodies the builder's expertise with the design skills of Germán Frers. The end result being a superb cruising yacht with sparkling performance which is a pleasure to sail and will give pride of ownership indefinitely.
The hull was designed for its seaworthiness and to give good sailing, it was not built to a formula or to maximise racing rules. The deck is laid for correct functioning rather than appearance, the fact that it looks so good is a bonus. With regard to equipment you will see typical Hallberg-Rassy solutions plus some innovations which represent real improvements.
The Frers designed Hallberg-Rassy 42F was built during 1991 - 2001. A total of 181 hulls were built (Francton is Hull 103). The Hallberg-Rassy 42 F is a very popular and comfortable cruising yacht for which distance is no object. For a yachtsman not interested in the latest regatta gimmicks but in a proper yacht with more than respectable speed, this is the one!
The interior of Francton is spacious and welcoming. True to Hallberg Rassy's reputation for superior craftsmanship and quality woodwork the boat is built in rich Mahogany with matte silk finish. The teak and holly floor is in like new condition as it has been well protected from scratches by the full length snap in Berber carpeting. The ceiling is finished with a light headliner and coordinating mahogany stripes. Storage throughout the boat is really impressive! Everywhere you look you'll find places to tuck away items.
The salon is well configured to be both comfortable and functional. The large, full length settees to port and starboard have hinged backrests that can be lifted to provide added storage behind or can be used as a very present berth with lee cloths while underway. The attractive double drop leaf table has both storage beneath and a top-side compartment for wine bottles. Bookshelves and cabinetry adorn both sides of the salon.
The aft cabin is exceptionally well sized for a 42' boat and features a split berth configuration well suited for offshore sailing. Two large hanging lockers and numerous cabinets provide lots of storage. The ensuite head has a Jabsco manual flush toilet that was recently rebuilt, teak floor grate, a good sized sink with vanity, and a separate shower.
The forward cabin has a nice sized vee berth with filler insert, overhead louvered cabinets, a large hanging locker, and a smaller, segmented locker with a fiddled top and additional cabinet space above. The ensuite head has a Jabsco manual flush toilet, also rebuilt last year, shower with curtain, a sink, and cabinetry.
The galley is to starboard and adjacent to the companionway stairs allowing for excellent ventilation and ease of access, additional ventilation is provided by a DC fan and opening portlight located above the Force 10, 3 burner stove and oven. Storage for cookery items, flatware, dishes, glasses, and provisions is abundant with sliding access to deep compartments, louvered cabinets, and a bank of galley drawers.
- Frigoboat refrigerator and freezer
- Force 10 3 burner LPG stove with oven
- Two basin stainless steel sink with Mohen retractable faucet
- Fresh water faucet with manual whale pump
- Pressurized fresh water with 10 gallon DC water heater - New element installed 2015
- Hand pump soap dispenser
- Stowaway cutting board
- Segmented storage for dishes and glasses
- 12VDC fan
Equipped and outfitted for blue water sailing, Francton offers a full set of cruising electronics.
- Raymarine Autohelm autopilot with ST7002 control head - Refreshed in 2015
- 12" Raymarine C120 Chart plotters at the nav station and in the cockpit with full set of cruising charts
- Raymarine radar mounted on the backstay mast
- iCom IC-m710 SSB radio with Pactor III modem and backstay antenna
- iCom IC-M504 VHF with integrated Raymarine AIS
- Standard Horizon Intrepid VHF with a Command Mic III at the helm
- Standard Horizon HR850S handheld VHF
- Raymarine ST60 depth, speed, and wind instruments above the companionway
- Raymarine ST60+ at the nav station
- Raymarine ST60 in the aft cabin
- Nasa Marine Target Navtex Pro-Plus weather reporting
- USA & European AC power receptacles with step down transformer
- 200 watt solar panel mounted above the dinghy davits
- KISS 100W wind generator mounted on a stainless steel deck mast
- Water generator
- Balmar 210 Amp house bank alternator - New 2013
- Balmar 40 Amp starting bank alternator - New 2013
- 800 Ah house gel batteries
- AGM Lifeline starting batteries - 1 New 2015
- 100 Amp Xantrex charging inverter
- Xantrex Link 1000 battery monitor
- Webasto DC heater
- Upgraded LED cabin lighting
The deck, cap rail, cockpit seats and floors, and coach roof trims are built of top quality slow growth teak and laid in silicon rubber calking. Full length teak handrails offer excellent safety when traversing to the foredeck. Lewmar hatches in the foredeck, head, salon, and aft cabin, combined with four dorade vents, and two automatic Electrolux ventilators provide excellent ventilation through the yacht. The forward chain locker and aft deck lazarette provide ample storage for dock lines, fenders, and other deck equipment. The starboard propane deck locker has storage for two LPG cylinders. Fresh and saltwater washdown pumps and a transom pull out shower allow for easy wash up and maintenance.
- Four anchors - Roco, CQR, & 2 Danforth (SS & aluminum) with 200m HT chain
- Custom stainless steel dinghy davits with Schaefer blocks & tackle - New 2007
- Custom dinghy motor lift with multipart block & tackle - New 2007
- Lewmar electric windlass with foredeck, helm, and remote control
- Jabsco fresh and salt water washdown pumps
- Jabsco fresh water transom shower
- Deck mounted hard shell life raft with cradle
- 6 Auxillery jerry cans deck mounted with canvas covers
- Dock lines and fenders
- Six large heavy duty deck cleats; two forward, two mid-ship, and two aft
Engine & Mechanical
Powered by a 4-cylinder Volvo Penta TMD22 76HP diesel engine. The rubber engine mounts on Francton were recently replaced and are bedded to a sturdy foundation to minimize vibration and noise. The engine room has great accessibility to all major systems allowing for easy maintenance while underway. The top end of the engine was professionally rebuilt in 2013 and a new exhaust elbow installed last year. All filters, belts, and impellers have been religiously changed at proper intervals and well documented in the maintenance log. The electric oil change system makes changing and checking fluids effortless. The Specta water maker has a fresh membrane as of 2015 and the water heater received a new heating element in 2016. Fuel capacity is 420L, enabling a cruising range of 580 nautical miles with a burn rate of 5L/hour and making 6.9 knots at optimal RPM. Water capacity is 685L with the main tank under the floor holding 320L and an extra 365L tank under the settee.
- Volvo Penta TMD22 76HP diesel engine
- Bow thruster
- Yamaha 15HP 2-stroke 2006 outboard engine
- Maxprop bronze three blade feathering prop - New 2007; Serviced in 2015
- Water maker by Spectra with new membrane in 2015
- 10 Gallon water heater with new heating element installed in 2016
- All potable water pumps are Jabsco diaphragm units
- Manual bilge pump
- Oil change electric pump with manifold for easy oil changes and inspection
- Large assortment of spare parts
Construction & Hull
The Hallberg Rassy 42F utilizes a hand laid laminate construction with NGA-gelcoat and isophtalic polyester resin. Each hull is laid under supervision of Lloyd's Register of Shipping and issued a Lloyd's Certificate (Cert #24878) and built to Category A - Ocean Going specifications. The hull uses integrated PVC foam above the waterline to offer superior insulation from heat, cold, and sound. The brass strip rubbing strake along the hull protects from hard landings at the dock. With sturdy under floor reinforcement and strong 15mm stainless steel keel boats which are easily inspected, the 4.7t lead keel offers excellent balance and stability in offshore conditions. The rudder is mounted on a partial skeg and provides a sensitive yet confident feeling behind the helm. The GRP engine foundation and thick engine room insulation provides a quite and comfortable environment when under power. The deck and coach roof are solid in parts and cored in non-load bearing areas.
Rigging & Sails
double spreader, Selden spars were recently removed and inspected by Selden and all standing rigging and sails were replaced in 2013. The cutter rig with removable inner forestay provides a wide range of sail options for offshore sailing and can be easily managed from the security of the cockpit. Electric Lewmar winches allow for easy and comfortable cruising.
- All standing rigging was replaced by Selden in 2013!
- Elvstrom offshore cruising main - New 2013 / Inspected 2015
- Elvstrom offshore cruising genoa - New 2013 / Inspected 2015
- UK Sails stay sail - New 2013, Never Used!
- Storm sail
- Mast unstepped, serviced, and inspected by Selden in 2015
- New inner forestay and furler bearings installed by Selden in 2015
- Kevlar running back stays - New 2015
- Main and genoa furling bearings and swage fittings replaced by Selden in 2015
- Selden in-mast furling
- Selden Furlex 300S furling headsail
- Selden rod kicker boomvang
- Removable inner forestay
- Navtec adjustable hydraulic backstay
- Boom brake
- All canvas is high quality Sunbrella material in excellent condition!
- Bimini - New 2016
- Tropics cover - New 2016
- Winch Covers - New 2014
- Cockpit Cushions - New 2016
- Tropics sun awning - New 2010
- Dinghy cover - New 2015
- Outboard engine cover - New 2015
- Deck hatch covers - New 2015
- Canvas covers for six on deck jerry cans - New 2015
- Drouge sea anchor
- Man-Over-Board horseshoe sling
- Plastimo emergency strobe
- Halon fire suppresent
- Sea-Safe 4 person deck mounted life raft in hard shell - New 2016
- Additional life raft below deck requires re-certification
- McMurdo Precision 406Hz EPIRB
- Life jackets & harnesses
- Deck jack lines
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.