1998 Caliber 35LRC
- View Full Specifications
Priced to sell!
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- New Bern, NC
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 89,950
“Evening Star” is an excellent example of the Caliber 35 Long Range Cruiser that is known for its generous tankage, comfortable deck layout for the short-handed sailor and spacious accommodations. Known by her owners for uncompromising craftsmanship, exceptional stowage, collision pockets and seakindly characteristics. “Evening Star” has been actively cruised, continually updated and is a must see for the Long Range Cruiser buyer.
Please contact George McCreary at 727-515-9444
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Michael McCreary
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 35 ft 9 in
Beam: 11 ft 4 in
LWL: 29 ft 10 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 6 in
Displacement: 13100 lbs
Ballast: 6100 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 3 in
Dry Weight: 13100 lbs
Total Power: 27 HP
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 27 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (105 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (120 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 5
- New Standing Rigging (2017)
- Partial Running Rigging Replaced (2017)
- New Lifelines (2017)
- Custom Arch with dingy and engine pickup
- New Batteries (2017)
- Solar Panels
- Electronic Charts (2017)
- 406 ACR EPIRB
- Wind, Speed, Depth (2016)
- New VHF Horizon G2200 w/ GPS, remote mic and AIS (2017)
- New Dingy Zodiac Alum bottom 9’ (2017)
- New Mercury Outboard (2017)
- New Bottom Paint (2016)
- Yanmar 3GM30F 27 HP engine 3cyl Diesel (Estimated hrs 2450)
- LOA: 35’ 9”
- LWL: 29’10”
- Beam: 11’4”
- Draft: 4’6”
- Displacement: 13,000 lbs.
All dimensions approx.
- Fuel: Approx. 100 gal.
- Water: Approx. 100 gal.
- Holding: Approx. 40 gal.
All tankage is approximate.
Deck and Hull
The roomy cockpit is designed for safety and efficiency, even when sailing short-handed. All sail control lines are led aft to the cockpit, and all winches are self-tailing for one-handed use.
Evening Star has a fully batten main, and 2 reef points. That run to the cockpit.
The Convertible Cutter Rig gives you the convenience of a sloop and the versatility of a cutter.
The T-shaped cockpit accommodates an extra-large-diameter wheel, to allow a skipper to sit off to the side for a clear view of the sails. With the cockpit’s generous proportions, there’s room for the tallest sailor to relax.
At the stern, a boarding platform makes it simple to board a dinghy or take a swim. The platform’s folding ladder can be deployed from the water, allowing safe, quick access, even for the unassisted swimmer. A hand-held shower provides a rinse-off right on the platform.
At the forward end of a Caliber is another handy, functional feature; our distinctive anchor roller platform. Sturdily constructed of stainless, the platform simplifies anchor handling and reduces the risk of the anchor chipping the hull’s gel coat.
Caliber's trademark* design incorporates a Multi-Bulkhead Bonding System*, an Integral Strength-Grid System* for strength and safety, integral baffled tanks act as double bottoms while adding tremendous rigidity to the hull structure, with additional strength from the integral sub-sole. Additionally, there is a Water resitance Collision Pocket area in the bow.
- Pedestal mounted compass
- Pedestal guard
- Anchor roller platform with double staggered rollers
- Lewmar V2 anchor windlass with manual ability and controls on foredeck
- 28" Lifelines with gates port and starboard (new 2017)
- Molded swim platform with boarding ladder and freshwater shower (hot & cold water)
- Divided anchor locker with room for fender, fender board, dingy fuel storage & spare dock lines
- 25' Nylon anchor snubber, 5/8" rode w/ SS positive hook
- Stainless steel stern pulpit
- Stainless steel bow pulpit
- New bottom paint (2016)
- 45# Mantus anchor
- 35# CQR anchor
- Small Danforth anchor with 15’ of 5/16” G3 (BBB) chain and eat. 100’ of rode
- 125’ of 5/16" HT WM4 chain
- Bimini/Solar panel support system
- Bimini/dodger connector panel with window
- Dodger with zip off front panels, opening center window, grab rails
- Lifesling MOB system
- Integrated dinghy davits in arch
- Integrated outboard motor lift
- Outboard motor storage rack
- (2) Chrome dorade vents with guards & screen
- Low maintenance rub rail with stainless steel striker
- (6) Mooring cleats and chocks
- USCG Safety package
- (5) Hatches total with (2) Large hatches, all with screens
- (10) Stainless steel opening ports with screens
- (2) Cockpit drains
- Cockpit coaming box
- Inspection ports in 2 fuel tanks and 2 water tanks
- Two-tone non-skid
- Foredeck light
- Anchor light
- Sunbrella mast boot
- Cockpit pedestal drink holder, poly
- Cockpit table, (low maintenance) starboard construction
- SS Turnbuckles for life lines
- Transom shower with hot and cold water
- Companionway screen inserts and clear window
In terms of accommodations, no boat of comparable size comes close to the Caliber 35. Her main sleeping quarters are expansive and private v-berth with ample cedar-lined hanging locker storage space and drawers below; shelf and book rack over berth. The master cabin features a private, spacious head with pressurized hot/cold water and shower. The same kind of comfort and convenience is provided in the aft stateroom with its quarter berth. The main salon is well illuminated and richly furnished in teak. It takes full advantage of its tall headroom and a wide beam. The result is a "living room" that's perfect for entertaining guests. Two settees offer ample seating and one of them even converts into a double berth (for a total of 6 berths). Both settees have storage under and behind, and teak cabinets over. The twin-leaf dining table folds up against the bulkhead for additional space. The nav. station is starboard, across of galley featuring chart table with hinged lid, with storage underneath; chart light; electronics cabinet; breaker panel; nav. seat. Beautiful teak and holly floor throughout, and multiple handrails.
- Extra reading light in fwd. berth
- (3) Alpenglow overhead LED lights,
- Cafra fan, 12V, 2-speed
Any cook would appreciate this large and efficient L-shaped galley. It has ample storage for food and utensils, and more than enough counter space to prepare multi-course meals.
- Double sinks, near centerline (optional small & large size)
- Hot & cold pressure water
- 2-Burner propane stove with oven and broiler, with optional cutting board for stove and cutting board storage
- Isotherm 12V refrigeration
- Corian countertops in galley & head
- 6 Gallon hot water heater, 110V and engine driven
- Safety bar in front of stove
- Hide-away trash bin
- Robertson (Simard) Hydraulic autopilot with control head at helm
- Raymarine E-80 at helm with Raymarine 24 mile Radome
- Raymarine i50 Speed, Depth & Wind in pod at helm (2016)
- Standard Horizon GX2200 VHF radio with AIS/GPS, and remote mic @ helm
- (2) Handheld VHFs
- Sirrus weather receiver
- Ritchie binnacle compass
- Weems & Plath Clock and Barometer mounted in main salon
Mechanical and Engine Equipment
Caliber trademarks*: Triple Support Rudder System*, and Fluids Control Panel*
- Fresh water cooling
- Independent dual fuel delivery systems
- Dual Racor filters
- Single lever engine control
- Sea strainer with easy access
- Manual bilge pump
- Electrical auto. bilge pump with manual override
- Engine panel
- Well insulated engine room
- Emergency tiller
- 3-Bladed prop
- Holding tank with Y-valve
- Holding tank deck pump-out
- 55 Amp Alternator
- 12V DC Electrical system
- 110V AC Electrical system
- Lifeline AGM starting battery
- (3) Lifeline AGM batteries, Aprox 450 amp house bank (2017)
- 55 amp Alternator
- Xantrex True Charger 40+ battery charger
- Solar package: (2) 80 watt fixed panels; and (1) Victron Energy 25a mppt controller, temp sensor
- Selector switch
- 50' Shore power cord
- Polarity indicator and GFI
- Numerous 110V outlets
- Separate 30 Amp shore power
- LED lights throughout & nav. lights (2017)
Sails and Rigging
Caliber Convertible Cutter Rig™ - For versatility and safe heavy air handling, a Caliber can instantly convert from a sloop to a cutter.
- US Spars keel-stepped, double spreader, aluminum mast
- Heartsick mainsail, full battened, with 2 reef points (2010)
- Genoa halyard
- Rigid boom vang
- Self-tending Doyle staysail
- 135% Headsail with sun cover on Harken roller furling system (2009)
- Mainsail cover
- Lazy Jack system, retractable while sailing (2016)
- Color coded running rigging (2017)
- Standing rigging 1x19 wire shrouds (2017)
- Deck-mounted Harken 4 to 1 traveler with leads to cockpit
- Twin running backstays
- Internal halyards led aft to cockpit
- Internal adjustable outhaul
- (2) Lewmar 44st Primary winches
- (2) Lewmar 16st halyard winch
- (1) Lewmar 16ST mast mounted winch
- Line hangers for cockpit (2017)
- Forespar lighting master
- Spare/Spinnaker halyard
Safety and Spares
- Filters, gaskets, cables, running rigging, water pump impellers, and belts
- Raritan parts
- Lewmar parts
- Charts (Florida to Chesapeake and Bahamas)
- Boat hook
- 406 ACR EPIRB
- Safety harness & tethers
- (3) Life jackets
- (3) Fire extinguishers
- Propane gas solenoid
- 120V Vacuum cleaner
- 12V portable spotlight
- Handheld depth sounder
- Rail-mounted S/S BBQ grill
- Bimini (2007) and connecter to dodger (2015)
- Side panels
- New Dingy Zodiac Alum bottom 9’ (2017)
- New Mercury Outboard (2017)
Note: personal items including all tools do not convey.
It is understood that Caliber Brokers, Inc., brokers, its agents, employees, officers, and owner/seller offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his surveyor(s), to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated.
This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. PLEASE NOTE: All electronics, electrical, mechanical, engines, spars, rigging, sails and plumbing are listed for verification purposes but not warranted in the selling price of the boat.
The information provided in the listing, emails, photos, Caliber websites, written correspondence and verbally stated were and is supplied in good faith and does not guarantee its accuracy. Details and specifications on Caliber website may not apply to all Caliber model years. Caliber Brokers, Inc., brokers, its agents, employees, officers, and owner/ seller reserve the right to modify or change this information without notice. All specifications and measurements are approximate. Caliber Brokers, Inc., brokers, its agents, employees, officers, and owner/seller are in no way responsible for the use of this information.
Both seller and purchaser agree to hold harmless and indemnify Caliber Brokers, Inc. and its agents, employees, officers, and representatives with respect to any and all claims, losses, liabilities, causes of action or damages of any nature whatsoever, including reasonable attorney’s fees, incurred by or alleged against Caliber Brokers, Inc. (a) as a result of this listing, (b) as a result of any proceedings, judicial or otherwise concerning personal liability while showing the vessel or during survey and sea trial.
It is understood and agreed by the Purchasers that once Acceptance of Vessel is approved that they have ACCEPTED THE VESSEL AS IS, WHERE IS, AND THERE IS NO WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, by Caliber Brokers, Inc., brokers, its agents, employees, officers and the owners/sellers.
Other Boats from Caliber Brokers, Inc.
New Bern, NC, United States
Unknown, FL, United States
Green Cove Springs, FL, United States
40 LRC SE
St. Michaels, MD, United States
Vero Beach, FL, United States
La Pointe, WI, United States
cheap and easy