1997 Island Packet 350
- View Full Specifications
Let's Go Cruising!
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Ruskin, FL
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 110,000
The Island Packet 350 was the penultimate mid-thirty foot design from this storied builder, and continued IP’s "next generation" of their hallmark hull, rudder and keel configuration. But the 350 added a swim platform, an athwartship aft cabin, improved sail handling equipment with the new (at the time) Hoyt Staysail Boom, and even replaced a lot of the exterior cockpit and cabintop teak with easier to maintain stainless steel. The 350 is one of IP’s nicest sailing models and you can see and feel that in this safe, comfortable, and luxurious yacht. She handles and performs extremely well. MAKAHA is a fine, and experienced example of this popular model, having completed a near-solo circumnavigation, and has been well maintained including having the holding tank replaced and the engine rebuilt. She plays a central role in the book Around the World in Six Years, written by her first owner, Mr. Henry Holt.
S&J Yachts are cruising yacht specialists with offices from Maine to Florida. With more than 40 years’ experience in the marine industry, covering on-water instruction, sales, marketing, manufacturing and project management, let Bill Bolin share his experience and in-depth knowledge of boating with you. Call him in Florida at (727) 743-3100, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to make an appointment to see this yacht. Member of YBAA and IYBA, licensed and bonded.
Please contact Bill Bolin at 941-212-6121
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Traditional Watercraft, Inc.
Designer: Robert K. Johnson, N.A.
Flag of Registry: United States
Hull Shape: Displacement
LOA: 36 ft 10 in
Beam: 12 ft 0 in
LWL: 29 ft 4 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 3 in
Displacement: 16000 lbs
Ballast: 7500 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 48 ft 4 in
Total Power: 40 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 1997
Engine Model: 3JH3E
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 7098
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 40 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: Aluminum (100 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: Aluminum (50 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: Aluminum (30 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 1
Number of double berths: 3
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
Electrical Circuit: 12V
Walkthru & Accommodations
The Forward Cabin has a Pullman berth on the Starboard side with a hanging locker, bureau and dressing seat to port. There is additional storage under the berth and shelves on both hull sides. Also, there is plenty of dressing room and a private entrance to the head. Three opening ports and a large opening hatch provide excellent ventilation.
The large Head is to starboard aft of the forward cabin with entrances from both the saloon and the forward cabin. It is comfortable with good counter space, a commode (with a teak drop-down shower seat), sink, shower as well as an opening port and hatch plus excellent storage. The shower's grey water is pumped overboard.
The Main Saloon follows aft with facing settees, a table that unfolds to serve both settees and then folds up to store on the forward bulkhead when not in use creating a very large, open living space. The starboard settee pulls out making a comfy double berth. There are 4 opening ports and a large opening hatch in the saloon. With the fuel, water, and waste tanks under the cabin sole, there is tremendous storage under and behind the settees. A large built-in chart drawer is under the starboard settee. All hanging lockers are cedar-lined.
The aft facing Nav Station is at the end of the saloon’s port settee with a nice sized desk with the electrical panel above. There is a small drawer for nav tools. The VHF, stereo, GPS and Nav Repeater are all within easy reach along the hull side as well as a fuel/water gauge, clock and barometer. The batteries are installed under the Nav Seat with additional switches and breakers easily accessible.
The “U” shaped Galley is on starboard behind the saloon with double sink, 2 burner propane stove and oven, large ice box with a Super Cold Machine, and plenty of work room and storage including 2 drawers under the fridge, clever dinnerware storage above and a real pull-out trash can. An opening port and hatch helps keeps the galley ventilated.
Across from the galley on port, and separated by the companionway, is the Aft Cabin entrance. It has a big comfortable athwartship double berth, large dressing area with a bureau and hanging locker. Two opening ports and an opening hatch make the cabin comfortable.
The engine room is located underneath the companionway stairs making engine work comfortable and easy with additional side and aft openings for access.
The Cockpit is large and long enough for great sailing and is the best place to stretch out and nap or entertain 6 to 8 family and friends. There are stern rail seats on either side of the helm with cushions. Twin backstays, boarding ladder, and swim platform make this cockpit extremely functional.
- Dometic 16,000 BTU Reverse Cycle Heat and Air
- 15 Opening Ports and Hatches for Tremendous Ventillation
- Ultraleather Cushions in Saloon
- Hot/Cold Pressure Water
- Additional Cold Water Hand Pump At Galley
- Cockpit Shower
- Non-Skid Sole in Galley and at foot of Companionway plus head with teak and holly elsewhere.
- Screens for all ports
- Peek-A-Boo Shades on All Opening Cabin Ports
- Waste Tank Replaced with custom DuraWeld tank
- 2-Burner, gimbaled propane stove and oven with security bar for offshore strap in. There are two 10# aluminum propane tanks
- Dishware included
Electronics and Navigation
- Garmin 1042xsv at helm (new 2020)
- Gamrin GMI mutli-function in cockpit
- Raymarine ST6000 hydraulic/electric ram autopilot with new control head
- Raymarine Autopilot ST4000 with SPX10 CPU
- Ritchie SP-5 Compass
- Lofrans VHF radio with AIS in cockpit (new 2019)
- Uniden Um45 VHF at nav
- Autohelm ST50 TriData at nav desk
- Pyle Bluetooth speakers in cockpit
- ACR 406 EPIRB
Electrical Systems and Equipment
MAKAHA is equipped with both a 30 amp shore power 110V system and a shipboard 12v system.
- 30 amp shore power cord with a 50 amp adapter
- Four AGM Group 27 batteries (new 2018)
- 100 watt Renergy solar panel with controller
- 400 watt wind generator
- 100 amp High output alternator on engine
- Charles Charger 40 watt on shore power
- Yank level monitor
Sails and Sail Handling Equipment
The IP 350 has a modern, high aspect, masthead, cutter rig with a keel stepped mast, twin backstays. Roller furling in-mast Mainsail (new 2019), staysail and genoa (both new 2017). All Running Rigging Lines led aft to Cockpit.
- The Genoa and Staysail are on Harken Furlers
- Staysail is on a Hoyt Self-Tacking Boom
- Winch Handles
- Spare Mainsail Halyard
- Boom Vang
- Coach Roof Mounted Traveller
- Two Harken 40ST primary winches; two Harken 32ST cabin top winches
- Many of the running rigging lines have been replaced over the past two years
The 350 is driven by a Yanmar 3JH3E, 3 Cylinder, naturally aspirated, fresh water cooled, 40HP Diesel. Island Packet engine panel in cockpit shows 7098 hours. Engine underwent a major overhaul at 5,000 hours. Three bladed Max Prop feathering propeller.
- 50 gallon fuel tank
- Racor fuel filter
- 100 amp Balmar alternator
- Electric Automatic & Manual Bilge Pump
- Mechanical Bilge Pump
- Whitlock Rack and Pinion Steering
- NEW 30 Gallon DuraWeld polyurethane holding tank (2018)
- Waste System with "Y" Valve directing waste Overboard or to Holding Tank; all new sanitation hoses (2018)
- Water tank pick-up tunes replaced (2018)
- Complete Engine and Equipment Manual
- Good maintenance records throughout
Hull, Deck and Equipment
The Island Packet 350 has a solid glass hull and synthetically cored deck. Her bowsprit and stern swim platform are molded in one piece along with the hull and keel. Her non-skid and bulwarks make for safe movement fore and aft and her cockpit is shaped for comfort and functionality. She has a deep, divided Anchor Locker and a sealed and overboard drained propane locker w/full safety features.
- New bottom paint (December 2019)
- 2 - 10# Aluminum Propane Tanks w/new regulator, hoses & solenoid
- Bowsprit w/2 anchor davits and chain protectors
- Lewmar 1000 electric windlass w/ foot controls on foredeck
- Rocna 20kg anchor w/150' of 5/16" chain
- Fortress FX16 secondary anchor w/10' 5/16" Chain & 100' 3-Strand Nylon Rode
- Kato Dinghy Davits w/Stabilizing Straps and outboard lift
- Outboard and dinghy shown in photos do not convey with sale
- Dodger w/front covers
- Bimini and Connecting Panel
- Stern Rail Seats
- Cockpit Cushions (Closed Cell)
- 3 PVC Dorade vents
- Binnacle & Winch covers
- Hatch covers
- Cockpit Table & Drink Holder
- Fenders, Dock Lines & Boat Hook
- Lifelines with Pelican Hooks and Bow/Stern Gates
- Folding swim ladders
- USCG Safety Package
- LED spotlight
- ACR Satellite 4 EPIRB 2018
- First Aid Kit
- Lifesling on Stern Pulpit
- Island Packet Emergency Tiller
- Fire extinguishers are current
- Winslow valise-packed Liferaft (not currently certified)
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from S&J Yachts
Palmetto, FL, United States
Palmetto, FL, United States
Fajardo, Puerto Rico
Naples, FL, United States