1997 Caliber 40 LRC Sloop
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Portsmouth, RI
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 154,000
If you are looking for an Offshore Cruising vessel, please come and inspect one of the finest and well thought out passagemakers this office has seen. WONDER shows like a nearly new vessel, even though she is 22 years old. Her present owners purchased her three years ago, and regrettably are selling her. The last two owners have primarily cruised New England and Maine waters. She is extremely well equipped with all the extras that serious cruisers are looking for: generator, 2 zone air conditioning, Hurricane diesel heater with 2 thermostats, 12V windlass, Garmin electronics, new batteries, 4 solar panels, a self-steering vane, new S/S standing rigging, 2011 sails, and a full Sunbrella cockpit enclosure. The transom has a platform for easy boarding from the dinghy. The boat has it all! Please call us for your inspection, and we thank you for your serious interest.
Annie Gray is a longstanding YBAA member, offering 45 years of experience in assisting clients in the purchase or sale of high quality yachts of distinction.
Please call Annie at 207-363-7997 or on her cell at 603-498-3450.
Please contact Annie Gray at 207-363-7997
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Cailber Yachts, Clearwater, FL
Designer: Michael McCreary
LOA: 40 ft 0 in
Beam: 12 ft 8 in
LWL: 32 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 1 in
Displacement: 21600 lbs
Ballast: 9500 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 5 in
Total Power: 50 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 4JH-2E
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 50 HP
Number of heads: 2
HULL & DECK:
- Off White hull, dark green boottop, black bottom; modified fin keel is integral to hull with no keel bolts.
- Solid fiberglass hull with reinforcement at bulkhead attachment points.
- Caliber's trademark design incorporates a Multi-Bulkhead Bonding System, an Integral Strength-Grid System for strength and safety, integral baffled tanks act as double bottoms while adding tremendous rigidity to the hull structure, with additional strength from the integral sub-sole; additionally, there is a Water-Tight Collision bulkhead.
- “Heavy 24 oz. woven roving and mat fiberglass cloth which creates a thick hull laminate which is stiffer with higher breaking strengths” as described by Bluewater Sailing Magazine (article available on request).
- Deck is constructed of solid and plywood-cored fiberglass laminates with solid sections in way of stanchions, cleats, etc. Cream Non-skid fiberglass deck.
- T-shaped cockpit wheel steering by Whitlock on helm pedestal with chain and wire connecting to a quadrant.
- Internal ballasted keel.
- S/S wire double lifelines; S/S bow and stern rails; S/S stanchions.
- 2 Port and 2 starboard gates and a gate at transom to the easy boarding swim platform.
- 7 Hatches with screens and shades.
- 12 S/S opening ports with screens; two Dorade ventilators with S/S sheet guards over the vents.
- Cockpit ice box (presently used as storage).
- 3 Cockpit drains.
- 1 Cockpit coaming boxes.
- Rubrail with S/S striker; aluminum hand rails; aluminum toerails.
- Divided anchor locker with room for fender and dinghy fuel storage.
- 28" Lifelines with gates, port and starboard.
- Teak companionway door with screens.
- Molded swim platform with boarding ladder and freshwater shower.
- 2014 Dark green Sunbrella Bimini & Dodger with cockpit enclosure with 2019 Stratoglass sides and front center and connector piece from Dodger to Bimini (Dodger has S/S side and aft bars).
- Ablative bottom paint.
- Emergency tiller.
- Stainless 3 step boarding ladder.
- Ballast to displacement ratio of 44% offering a stiff sailing vessel.
- Quad-seal deck to hull system at joint – 3M5200 in hull to deck flange; 5200 under slotted aluminum toerail which is thru-bolted, 5200 between hull-deck seam and rubrail.
- Dark green lifeline cushions; Dark green pedestal cover.
Fuel: 179 gallons in two fiberglass tanks.
Water: 200 gallons in two fiberglass tanks.
Holding: 100 gallons with y-valve and deck pumpout in fiberglass tank (tank is discharged by gravity).
Hot Water Heater: 11 gallons by Seaward.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
- Single Yanmar 4JH-2E diesel, 50 hp, FWC (not turbo-charged), with 3569 hours as seen on the hour meter as of 10/2/19.
- Kanzaki KM4A transmission.
- 3 bladed Max variable pitch prop with Shark cutters..
- Folding Lewmar steering wheel for ease of movement around the wheel.
- Single lever engine control.
- Sea strainer with easy access.
- Rule 14A bilge pump, (in addition to standard bilge pump).
- Electrical auto. bilge pump with manual override.
- Well insulated engine room.
- Yanmar engine panel upgrade with oil pressure and water temp.
- Engine room LED light.
- 2 Racor filters; also one Racor for fuel polishing system.
- Yanmar Fuel filters or equivalent.
- Water maker filters, primary and carbon (water maker pickled).
- Water system pump.
- Engine raw water pump.
- Engine raw water rebuild kit.
- Engine alternator belt – high grade – flat belts.
- Engine starter.
- Shaft zincs.
- Misc spares, Yanmar and Caliber specific.
- Generous spares list includes rebuild kit for alternator and extra fixed 3 bladed spare prop.
- Complete manuals on the vessel and its systems.
- 2017 aft head hoses and heater hoses replaced.
- 2018 new exhaust risers.
- Cruising speed: 6.5 knots.
- 12V DC/110V AC electrical systems.
- 110V Two Zone Air Marine air conditioning units, (presently decommissioned).
- Two zone Hurricane diesel heaters with two thermostats (34,000 BTU’s) with separate Racor filter.
- 2019 replaced 2-8D house batteries with AGM’s.
- 2019 2-4D AGM engine start batteries.
- Dedicated engine start battery with battery isolation switch and also combiner switch in Nav area below.
- 2015 Rule 2000 electric-automatic bilge pump and manual diaphragm pump; also, Rule pump for shower sump.
- 27 Series engine start battery.
- Two battery monitors.
- Xantrex 40 amp battery charger/inverter.
- Combiner selector switch.
- 1 50' Shore smart power cord.
- 2-30 amp outlets.
- Four solid 600w total solar panels on top of bimini with 2 separate regulators to trickle charge all batteries.
- Polarity indicator and GFI.
- Numerous 110V outlets.
- Three stage voltage regulator.
- Balmar high output alternator with a spare kit.
- 760w inverter.
- LED engine room and forward shower lights.
- Red & white lights in cabin and head.
ACCOMMODATIONS: In terms of accommodations, no boat of comparable size comes close to the Caliber 40. Her sleeping quarters are true staterooms, expansive and private. Instead of a cramped V-berth, there's a full forward stateroom with a generous offset berth with queen mattress, with ample storage space and drawers below; shelf and book rack over berth; and large cedar-lined hanging locker with shelf storage. The master cabin features a private, spacious head with its own separate shower. Chest of drawers in Master stateroom in lieu of standard vanity installation Together, the forward cabin and head offer luxurious livability for extended stays. The same kind of comfort and convenience is provided in the aft stateroom with its double berth; large cedar-lined hanging locker; and private aft-head entrance.
The main salon is well illuminated and richly furnished in varnished teak. It takes full advantage of 6'5" headroom and a wide beam. The result is a "living room" that's perfect for entertaining guests. Two settees offer ample seating. Both settees have storage under and behind, and teak cabinets over. The twin-leaf dining table folds up against the bulkhead for additional space. The aft head is located conveniently to the cockpit. It's entrances from the aft cabin, and the salon make it accessible from either area without disturbing the other occupants. Both heads are completely outfitted with pressurized hot/cold water and shower. Aft head has Lavac W.C. with new parts, forward head Jabsco electric.
The Nav station is port, aft of galley featuring chart table with hinged lid, with storage underneath; electronics cabinet; breaker panel; Nav seat with storage under. Beautiful teak and holly floor throughout, and multiple handrails.
- L-shaped galley and to port at base of companionway, with generous countertops and plenty of light.
- Ample storage for food and utensils and dish lockers.
- Manual freshwater foot pump.
- 11 gallon Seaward hot water heater, 110V and engine driven.
- Microwave oven over sinks with extra storage.
- Safety bar in front of stove.
- Hide-away trash bin.
- Double S/S sinks, near centerline.
- Hot & cold pressure water with spray nozzle & filter.
- Force 10 three burner stove/oven with additional 10 lb. propane tank.
- 2012 Frigiboat refrigerator & freezer with split access hatches.
- 2014 Garmin 840XS Radar, GPS & Depth, mounted at pedestal.
- 2014 Garmin GHC 10 autopilot and depth.
- 2014 AIS-APIEC Class B.
- GMI 10 wind angle and speed.
- 6” Ritchie binnacle compass.
- Pactor modem.
- Flat screen TV.
- Garmin GMC windspeed and direction.
- AIS installed; hailer and automatic fog horn installed.
- ICOM M710 RT (remote) HF SSB Transceiver with Marine frequencies.
- ICOM AT130 automatic antenna tuner.
- Insulated backstay for HF radio antenna.
- ICOM VHF radio with remote Mic in cockpit.
- Substantial copper screen embedded in the hull for grounding plate.
SAILS & RIGGING:
- Sail area is 739 sq. ft. (100% Fore Triangle) P=45.75' E=13.25' I=50.50' J=17.25'.
- Masthead Sloop-Cutter rig with S/S wire to turnbuckles.
- Keel-stepped, single spreader, ZSpar aluminum mast; Selden boom.
- (2) Genoa halyards.
- Rigid boom vang by Quikvang.
- Inboard genoa tracks.
- Color coded running rigging.
- Lazy jacks.
- Deck-mounted 4 to 1 traveler system.
- Twin backstays.
- Internal halyards led aft to cockpit to sheet stoppers.
- Internal adjustable outhaul.
- Lewmar 54 S.T. sheet winches; 2 Lewmar 48 S.T. halyard winches.
- Double lock chainplate system (locks chainplate to horizontal surface of hull, clamps it to oversized bulkhead which is thoroughly bonded to the hull).
- Cutter, aluminum mast by ZSpar with tricolor/light on mast.
- Roller furling.
- 2011 mainsail by Bayview Rigging with full battens and 2 jiffy reef points.
- 2011 Bayview Rigging headsail, 135%; 2011 Bayview Rigging staysail.
- 2018 main halyard.
- 2019 genoa halyard.
- Storm trysail, never used.
- Spinnaker, yellow and green, with “top down furler”.
- Selden spinnaker, mast mount with guys.
- Spinnaker deck hardware.
- Two Profurl roller furlers.
- Dark green mainsail cover.
- Tides Marine mainsail track with Batt cars.
- 2014 replaced all S/S standing rigging.
- 2014 all chainplates rebedded.
- Teak bowsprit with double rollers.
- Hella fans throughout (6).
- Brass barometer, clock and thermometer by Weems & Plath.
- Sony AM/FM/CD player, with 2 KLH speakers below and 2 in cockpit.
- Shurflo saltwater washdown system in anchor locker.
- 6 life jackets.
- Overboard horseshoe ring.
- 2019 5 braided 5/8” docklines.
- Teak cockpit table.
- SOS Dan Buoy 33.
- Fortress FX16 with 200’ rode.
- Manson Supreme anchor with 105’ 5/16” chain and 200’ 3 strand 5/8" line with marked lengths.
- 6 Mooring cleats and chocks.
- Inspection ports on tanks.
- Foredeck light.
- Winslow 6 person offshore liferaft, vacuum packed, 9 years old, needs certification.
- Numerous wood emergency plugs.
- OB Motor storage aft rail.
- Dishes and glasses.
- 2018 Lewmar dual action windlass.
- Radar reflector.
- Anchor light.
- Cockpit cushions, beige and green trim.
- 2017 ICOM Commandmic III remote mic for cockpit.
- 2 boathooks.
- Tank tender gauge for water and fuel tanks.
- Sailomat self steering vane (not installed).
- 10’ older Avon Rover R3-11 with inflatable floor, dinghy in excellent shape (negotiable at additional cost).
- 2018 Lifesling in solid cannister.
- S/S LPG Kuuma grill.
- Two aluminum LPG 10 lb tanks.
- EXCLUSIONS: Personal effects, tools, books, knives.
COMMENTS: If you are looking for an Offshore Cruising vessel, please come and inspect one of the finest and well thought out passagemakers this office has seen. WONDER shows like a nearly new vessel, even though she is 22 years old. Her present owners purchased her three years ago, and regrettably are selling her. The last two owners have primarily cruised New England and Maine waters. She is extremely well equipped with all the extras that serious cruisers are looking for: generator, 2 zone air conditioning, Hurricane diesel heater with 2 thermostats, 12V windlass, Garmin electronics, new batteries, 4 solar panels, a self-steering vane, new S/S standing rigging, 2011 sails, and a full Sunbrella cockpit enclosure. The transom has a platform for easy boarding from the dinghy. The boat has it all! Please call us for your inspection, and we thank you for your serious interest.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.