1997 Gozzard 36E
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Castine, ME
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 159,000
The Gozzard 36E, designed by H. Ted Gozzard, and built at North Castle Marine in Ontario, Canada is perfectly suited for a cruising couple seeking a traditionally styled blue water sailing vessel. It's manageable size, flexible cutter rig, modest draft (4' 9"), robust construction, skeg protected rudder and innovative interior arrangement are just a few of the attractive features of this vessel.
The most distinctive feature is the innovative open plan. Ted Gozzard designed a uniquely functional and flexible plan, enabling an open main salon by day to become a roomy private stateroom by night. It's a refreshing twist on the traditional sailboat layout that is ideal for a couple with occasional guests.
Kairos recently returned from the Bahamas and she is ready for new adventures. She's in excellent condition and will not disappoint.
MATT J. MALATICH
S&J YACHTS - CHARLESTON
843-872-8080 | www.sjyachts.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
Charleston City Marina
13 Lockwood Drive
Charleston, SC 29412
Broker of fine yachts and dealer for:
Discovery Yachts, Southerly Yachts, Bluewater Yachts, Britannia Yachts, Island Packet, Seaward, Blue Jacket and Delphia
Charleston, SC | Annapolis, MD | Rock Hall, MD | Deltaville, VA | Palmetto, FL
Please contact Matt Malatich at (843) 872-8080
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: North Castle Marine
Designer: H. Ted Gozzard
LOA: 42 ft 3 in
Beam: 12 ft 0 in
LWL: 31 ft 6 in
Length on Deck: 36 ft 9 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 9 in
Ballast: 7500 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 50 ft 0 in
Dry Weight: 19000 lbs
Total Power: 63 HP
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Engine Model: 63c Four
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 3785
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 63 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: Fiberglass (140 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: Aluminum (55 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: Fiberglass (25 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 2
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
The richly appointed interior of the Gozzard 36D features a salon/private cabin, large U-shaped galley, navigation station, head w/shower and a private cabin.
Beginning forward there is a large hanging locker followed by angled opposing settees and a fixed wooden coffee table that folds up to become a large dining table.
The opposing salon settees pivot together to become a large centerline berth that is accessible from both sides. A hinged bulkhead and a double hinged door closes off the space to create a large forward cabin.
The U-shaped galley is aft of the salon/cabin on the starboard side with a custom counter height buffet that adds a substantial amount of counter space and storage.
Adjacent from the galley on the port side is the navigation station. The area houses the electric panel and has excellent storage.
The private aft cabin features a queen sized berth, standing room for changing, three large opening ports, fans for ventilation, a bank of drawers and a hanging locker.
There is a large head on the starboard side with a vanity, stainless steel sink, separate shower stall/toilet and plenty of storage.
There is excellent ventilation throughout the boat with opening stainless steel ports, two dorade vents and four deck hatches. There is also AC/heat if needed.
- Ocean Marine/Passport II air conditioning and heating system
- LED lights throughout (2018)
- Dorade ventilators (2) in salon
- Stainless steel ports with screens and curtains
- Main companionway permanently mounted, out of the way screens
- Full height storage closet with shelving
- Full width hanging closet forward of stateroom
- Flag blue salon and stateroom cushions and pillows
- Hella 12v fans (2014)
- Rebuilt Raritan PHII manual head (2018) with macerator and holding tank/overboard or pump out
The U-shaped galley is located amidships on the port side. It has a stove/oven, microwave, large stainless steel sink, hot/cold water faucet, Culligan water filter and faucet, Corian and wood counters and ample space for food prep and storage.
The galley on Kairos has a custom counter height buffet just aft of the main bulkhead that adds a substantial amount of counter space, additional storage and a large trash can.
- New microwave (2018)
- SPECTRA Cape Horn 12 gph water maker (2014) membrane and feed pump replaced in 2018
- Dometic Adler-Barbour Series Cold Machine Refrigerator/Freezer 12V (2014)
- Force 10 gimbaled 3-burner propane stove/oven/boiler
- Culligan water filter and faucet
- Xantex propane shut off/detector
- IsoTemp water heater
- New domestic water pump (2018)
Mechanical and Electrical Systems
- New Balmar voltage regulator (2018)
- New inverter/charger (2018)
- Honda eu200i generator with 30 amp receptacle for shore power cord (2018) approx. 30 hours
- 3 x 100 watt Renergy solar panels mounted on bimini with controls in aft cabin (2014)
- 3 x 4D AMG batteries (2015)
- Group 31 AGM engine start battery (2011)
- 30 Amp shore power outlet with 50' cord
- 30 Amp shore power cord 20'
- Westerbeke 63C four cylinder diesel engine
- Rebuilt dripless shaft seal (2018)
- Racor fuel/water seperator
- 12V oil change system
- Tank tenders for fuel and water
- Fireboy - Xintex Carbon Monoxide decector
- Radar - Furuno 24 mile
- Chartplotter - Garmin GPSMap 4208 plotter with radar overlay at helm
- iPad w/Navionics and GPS at Nav
- Autopilot - Raytheon Autohelm ST6000 Plus (needs new display but works)
- Autohelm instruments (wind/speed/depth) The wind/speed instrument is INOP
- VHF radio at Nav
- West Marine VHF 595 at Helm
- TV and DVD player
- Alpine stereo system with Sirius antenna
The Gozzard 36D has a clean deck layout with wide side decks, high bulwarks, a prominent cabin trunk, proper lifelines and cabin top handrails. There is a large foredeck storage locker and a long bowsprit that accommodates the furling drums and two anchor rollers.
- Trident Marine propane gas system with two 20lb tanks in a sealed vented fiberglass box in the foredeck locker
- New propane solenoid (2018)
- Two dorade vents
- Lewmar Concept 1 electric windlass with helm remote switch and foredeck controls
- CQR and Delta anchors with chain/rode on the bow rollers
- New 200' primary anchor chain (2018) and new rope rode on secondary (2018)
- Stainless steel dingy davits
- Fresh water washdown at bow
- Lifesling in new bag (2019)
The cockpit is spacious, safe and secure with high cockpit coamings, a stable drop leaf table that seats six and a large steering console. There is a fixed windshield/dodger, and fold down transom platform under the helmsman seat with a ladder providing easy access to the water.
- New cockpit cushions (2018)
- Dodger and bimini with connector (added low sun shield and re-stitched the canvas in 2018)
- Large cockpit table with storage
- Fold down transom platform with steps and a swim ladder under the helmsman seat
- Deep lazerette port side
- Whale hot & cold cockpit shower at transom
- Magma rail mounted BBQ grill
Rigging and Sails
Kairos has a cutter rig with a UK Stackpack main and Schaefer furling systems on the jib and staysail.
- Approximate sail area: 891 SF
- Seldon deck stepped mast
- Doyle Stackpack (2018)
- Main with double reef points handled from the cockpit
- Schaefer furling on the jib and staysail
- Cruising spinnaker
- Self-tacking staysail
- Forespar boom vang
- All lines (halyards, sheets and furling) led to the cockpit
- New main halyard (2014) and a new secondary main halyard (2018)
- Lewmar 44 self-tailing main halyard winch ??
- Two Lewmar 44 self-tailing primary winches ??
- Two Lewmar 30 self-tailing winches ??
- New sacrificial UV covers on both headsails (2018)
- New Doyle mainsail cover (2018)
Equipment and Misc Updates
- Tohatsu 6HP outboard (2015)
- New Mercury 9' 3" rib (2018)
- Bottom job with one coat of epoxy and four coats of bottom paint in 2014
- New bottom paint in April of 2019
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
cheap and easy