1996 Tanton 45 Offshore
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Sidney, BC
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- Can$ 199,000 (US$ 149,588)
Grand Yachts, Sidney, BC. offers this unique Yves Marie de Tanton designed 45’ Offshore (Tanton) Cat- Rigged ketch. A true blue-water cruiser. “Courtship” was built at the highly respected boat yard Tiana, using Vinylester resin and epoxy coats below the waterline. The carbon fibre unstayed masts which have booms instead of wishbones, makes for easy handling by a couple. A fibreglass hardtop with solar panels was custom built to cover the cockpit. July 2020 haul out for paint, polish, wax and service.
With a draft of only 4’11” the 45 Offshore is ideal for cruising the Intercoastal or the Great Bahama Banks.
Easy to view at Port Sidney Marina
Please contact Kyle Timol at Canada 250-656-8909
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 45 ft 0 in
Beam: 13 ft 8 in
LWL: 39 ft 5 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 11 in
Displacement: 25920 lbs
Ballast: 9270 lbs
Total Power: 62 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 4JH 2HE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 3448
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Engine Power: 62 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (150 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (100 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 (17 Gallons)
Number of heads: 2
The tri-cabin layout with its teak joinery has 6'6" headroom throughout.The aft stateroom is to starboard and features a queen berth, a large hanging locker and excellent storage on shelves and in drawers plus a 12V Glacier aircon. Adjoining this stateroom is a head with separate shower stall. Aft and to Port is a pilot berth, just ahead also to port is the Nav Station with a swivel chair, chart table and electronics.
Forward of the Nav station and on the port side is the Galley. It is well laid out and provides excellent security while at sea. Double s/s sinks are located on the ship's centreline. A gimballed three burner stove with oven; recessed counter and and three drawer cabinet arrangement is built in adjacent to the stove. Glacier 12V refrigeration has both top and front opening doors and there is a deep freezer.
The main salon has two upholstered captain's chairs to starboard with custom cabinetry outboard. To port is the U-shaped dinette that comfortably seats six adults and converts to a double berth. The locker and shelf arrangement to port above the dinette provides additional storage. Forward of the main salon is another large stateroom with vanity and a hanging locker and plenty of storage. There is a large side entry double berth to port. Just forward to port is the ensuite head with separate shower stall.
Rigging and Sails
Twin carbon fibre masts are lightweight, extremely strong and fitted into tight sleeves to the keel. The free standing masts eliminate stays and the complexities of gear and equipment. The rig technology and hull design, combined with tapered light masts have resulted in a yacht that is well balanced and has excellent windward ability. The two halyards and sheets have a Lewmar 40 electric winch with clutches on the cabin top.
The two sails are fully battened with "Antal" batt-cars which drop into sail covers with jack stays.
- Solent sail for the bow.
- Lewmar 46 self-tailing winch with 3 clutches on port cabin top for reefing and boom vang
- Lewmar 43 self-tailing winch with 4 clutches on starboard cabin top for reefing and boom vang
- Midship curved boom track
- Boom track on cockpit hard top
Cockpit and Deck Hardware
The cockpit in the aft deck has a hard top enclosure with a hatch to view the mizzen mast and clear and mesh side panels. The cockpit table houses the “on demand” water heater and navigation equipment. There is a vented locker for the propane tanks. The deck is laid out for easy movement offshore, with plenty of handholds and a clear space the move forward and aft in safety.
- Lewmar #40 self tailing, electric winch in cockpit cabin top for halyards and sheets
- Lewmar #46 self tailing, 2 speed electric winch on starboard cabin top
- Lewmar #43 self tailing, 2 speed winch on port cabin top
- 4 clutches on cockpit cabin top
- Teak trim and cap rails
- 75lb CQR Anchor w/ 300’ of chain
- Lofrans 1500 watt windlass
- Ocean Marine Davit system
- AB 9’ Inflatable
- Tohatsu 9.8hp outboard w/ electric start
With ample head room one can move with ease thought the living space. The open concept salon/galley creates an inviting atmosphere ideal for entertaining. The spacious seating and lots of natural light makes the salon the perfect place to relax and unwind on long sea journeys.
- Large U shaped settee to port
- Twin captains chair seating to starboard
- Sea berth to starboard above captains chairs
- Dinette converts into double berth
- Cabinetry and shelves to port
- Three overhead hatches
The large U shaped galley keeps you feeling safe and secure when underway or offshore. With lots of storage for utensils and crockery you can keep the work top clear and tidy. The ergonomic layout includes a fridge and freezer on a 12V system and extra deep s/s sinks.
- Three burner gambled stove
- 12V top loading freezer
- 12V top and front loading fridge
- Double s/s deep sinks
Electronics and Navigation
Plan your passages from this well situated nav station equipped with a swivel chair and plenty of storage. A laptop with a slave display in the cockpit allows access to Time zero routing software and Victron solar charger information.
- 12V & 110V panel boards
- Raymarine multifunction instrument display
- Standard Horizon VHF
- HAM Radio ICOM I.C.707
- Furuno GPS/ WAAS Chart Plotter wireless Radar
- Raytheon GPS
- ICOM MXA - 5000 AIS receiver
- Comnav autopilot with 2 wired remotes
- TimeZero Routing software
Three solar panels on the hard top enclosure offer plenty of energy to keep the batteries topped up at anchor or at port. Plenty of 110 outlets throughout the boat, along with 4 house batteries and a Victron solar charge controller eliminates the need for 30 amp shore power when docked.
- 165 amp Balmar alternator
- 4 - 6v Glass mat house batteries 450 ampH
- 1 - 12v Glass mat engine start battery
- Magnum #2812 - 2800W inverter/charge
- 2 - 85W solar panels
- 1 - 250W solar panel
- Victron Solar Charge controllers (15 amp & 30 amp) w/ software
An aqua drive anti vibration system helps to dampen noise and vibration from the Yanmar engine.
- Yanmar 4JH 62hp diesel engine (3448.6 hrs)
- Aquadrive Anti-vibration system
- 3 blade prop
- Wallas Tangent forced air heater
- Bosch “on demand” propane water heater (located in cockpit)
- 12V Glacier Air conditioning unit in starboard cabin
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.