1996 Malo 42
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Askeaton, Ireland
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- EUR 180,000 Tax Paid (US$ 199,566)
Pedigree bluewater cruiser from the renown Swedish yard Malo Yachts. The Malo 42 ROULETTA sports a cutter headed rig with in-mast furling all of which can be handled from her deep, sheltered and secure cockpit. Well inventoried, the yacht carries all the prerequisites for spirited off shore and long distance sailing. From her home port in Southwest Ireland she has been used for family summer cruises to south Brittany and northern Spain. Now offered for sale to make way for larger replacement.
Please contact Alan McIlroy at +44 (0)1590 679222
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Malo Yachts
Designer: Malo Yachts
LOA: 43 ft 1 in
Beam: 13 ft 1 in
Minimum Draft: 6 ft 6 in
Displacement: 13800 kgs
Total Power: 97 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 4JH2-UTE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 97 HP
Number of single berths: 7
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
RCD Status: Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from the essential safety requirements of the Recreational Craft Directive as she was built and placed into use within the EU prior to 1998.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- GRP hull and deck sandwich construction.
- Teak laid deck.
- Bolted lead fin keel on GRP stub with deep sump.
- Transom with built-in teak steps and bathing ladder (no sugar scoop).
- Targa arch with mainsheet traveller over cockpit.
- Fixed windscreen.
- Full skeg hung rudder.
- Solid GRP stern tube for prop shaft.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Yanmar 4JH2-UTE 97hp.
- Conventional reduction gearbox to prop shaft.
- Aquadrive flexible shaft coupling.
- New Shaft, Coupling and Seal fitted 2017.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine hours: No clock installed.
- Engine last serviced: May 2017.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Flex-o-fold 3-bladed folding propeller.
- Fixed 3-bladed propeller stored on bord
- 10hp bowthruster.
- 12vDC domestic system with 220v/110AC ring main from generator and/or shorepower.
- 1 x 12V 100Ah AGM engine start battery.
- 4 x Rolls 230Ah AGM Domestic batteries.
- Master volt 60amp charger.
- Fisher Panda 4.5Kv
- Generator hours – approx 650 as of 30/11/2017.
- Generator last serviced: May 2017.
- 230v shore power with RCD and ring main.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Pressurised hot and cold water system.
- Calorifier 230v and engine.
- Seafresh - 60 litres per hour.
- 1 x Electric and 2 x manual bilge pumps.
- Stainless steel fuel tank, 330 litres.
- 3 x Stainless steel 750 litres total.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- Steel holding tanks to both heads.
- Raymarine speed, wind and depth.
- Raymarine autopilot with hydraulic drive.
- Furuno Navnet plotter with 4kw radar and AIS Furuno GPS 32 Furuno Navtex.
At chart table:
- Touchscreen PC with Navionics chart and DigitalYacht AIS.
- Icom IC501 DSC VHF with command Mic at helm.
- Icom 801 DSC SSB.
- Iridium satellite phone with external antenna and base kit.
- SMEV 3 burner cooker with oven grill.
- Microwave oven.
- Isotherm refrigerator.
- 2 manual marine toilets.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Webasto 5kw diesel fired air heater.
- 12v deck head and reading lights throughout.
Summary of Accommodation:
- 7 berths in 3 cabin excluding saloon.
- Satin varnished mahogany throughout with teak and holy cabin sole. Light patterned fabric throughout and fitted grey carpets.
Description of layout from forwards:
- Centre line owners berth with high level cupboards.
- Seating and hanging storage to both port and starboard.
- Forward en-suite head compartment to port with manual sea toilet, sink, mixer tap with shower.
- Saloon U-shaped seating to port with storage cupboards out board.
- Outboard facing nav station to starboard with ample storage forward.
- Aft heads compartment to Starboard with manual sea toilet, sink, mixer tap with shower.
- L – Shaped galley port with twin stainless sinks top loading fridge microwave and stainless cooker ample storage throughout.
- Double aft cabin to port, additional folding upper bunkwith cupboards and hanging locker.
- Double aft cabin to starboard with cupboards and hanging locker.
- Selden silver anodized three-spreader rig deigned for in mast furling.
- All standing rigging replaced 2015.
- Cutter headed rig with Selden furlex furlers on both staysail and genoa.
- Manual backstay tensioner new 2015.
- Selden vang.
- Lewmar deck gear.
- Spinnaker pole.
- Whisker pole.
- 2 x Andersen primaries.
- 2 x Andersen secondary.
- 2 x Andersen on mast.
- Doyle Main Dimension Polyants DCX 2015.
- Stay sail: UK Watson Dacron 2013.
- Genoa: UK Sylversen Trilaminate 2006.
- Stainless pulpit/pushpit.
- Double guard wires.
- Mid ship gates.
- Teak cockpit table.
- Stern shower.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Lofrans electric windlass.
- Bruce anchor.
- 70m 10mm chain.
- Fenders warps.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Spray hood links fixed screen with targa arch new 2012.
- Full cockpit enclosure new 2012.
Tender & Outboard:
- Coonery stainless davits.
- Outboard bracket.
- Liferaft 2012 service due 2020.
- 1 x Danbouy.
- Mast mounted radar reflector.
- Automatic fire extinguisher in engine room.
- 3 x Manual fire extinguishers.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.