1996 Atlantic BHM 36 Downeast Softtop Cruiser
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Sedgwick, ME
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 184,500
FIN-ATIC is one of the popular 36’ BHM hulls built by Atlantic Boat Company in Brooklin, ME, and custom finished by her only owner who worked and managed for Atlantic Boat Company for many years. The BHM 36’s are well-known to have one of the most seakindly, flat rides of all the various Downeast hulls available. He finished this vessel for his own use which included taking day charter cruises around Penobscot Bay. His many thorough details will impress any knowledgeable buyer. The engine access in this vessel is the best you will find anywhere; the joinerwork is also exceptional. Here is an opportunity to own a vessel which looks very similar to the 38’ Shelter Island Runabouts, but is offered at half the price. Please come and inspect this exceptional Downeast Express Cruiser – you will not be disappointed. Thank you for your interest.
Annie Gray is a longstanding YBAA member, offering 45 years of experience in assisting clients in the purchase or sale of high quality yachts of distinction.
Please call Annie at 207-363-7997 or on her cell at 603-498-3450.
Please contact Annie Gray at 207-363-7997
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Hull: Atlantic Boat Co, Brooklin, ME
Designer: Spencer Lincoln
LOA: 35 ft 11 in
Beam: 12 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 0 in
Displacement: 19000 lbs
Total Power: 450 HP
Engine Brand: Cummins
Engine Model: 6CTA8.3-M3
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 450 HP
Number of heads: 1
HULL & DECK:
- Hull: 1996; launched in August 2000 (for one month).
- Gelcoat off-white hull, Awlgripped Claret boottop, green bottom.
- Decks are fiberglass with Airex-foam sandwich construction, with Awlgripped Moondust decks and cockpit sole.
- Solid fiberglass bottom, balsa core from waterline to rails.
- 2 watertight bulkheads, with bilge pumps and alarms in each watertight compartment.
- Varnished mahogany windshield with tinted tempered glass windows.
- Tuna door.
- Nautilus S/S handrails on outside of windshield and at helm.
- Teak cockpit coamings/washrails finished in Starbright Golden teak oil.
- Starboard storage cockpit locker, 3 centerline lockers, port locker (access to tanks and exhaust).
- Single helm seat to port; double helm seat to starboard; both helm seats have foldable footrests and custom aluminum pedestals.
- Simpson Lawrence dual action windlass.
- 6 Lewmar aluminum opening portlights with screens.
- 3 Bomar hatches with screens.
- 2012 Fortune toast-colored bimini top with three piece aft centerline back drop curtain to enclose helm deck, using Strata glass clear sides.
- Noel Redman custom aluminum radar arch with four rod holders on arch.
Fuel: 430 gallons total in 4 epoxied aluminum tanks. Two 155 gallon outboard of engine and 2-60 gallon tanks port and starboard outboard of cockpit.
Water: 75 gallons in epoxy-lined fiberglass tank with clean out ports under cabin sole.
Holding: 10 gallons in poly tank under head counter with 12V macerator pump with overboard discharge or through deck fitting.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
- Single Cummins 6CTA8.3-M3 450 hp diesel, 6 cylinder, FWC, with 2302 hours as seen on the hour meter.
- Twin Disc 5061 1.75:1 reduction gear.
- Manual hydraulic Hynautic wheel steering with Edson S/S steering wheel with turning knob.
- Centek 18" diameter muffler for very quiet running.
- Sidepower 4hp thruster.
- Tides Marine dripless shaft seal with 2 spare seals on shaft.
- Michigan Dyna Quad bronze 4 bladed 27x22 prop (prop inspection port).
- 2" S/S shaft.
- Dual Racor MA1000 fuel filters with vacuum gauge.
- Fireboy automatic extinguisher in engine room.
- This is an engine room where everything is accessible if repairs are needed.
- Large Bus heater runs off engine cooling when underway.
- Cruising speed: 16 knots @ 2000 RPM @ 10-11 gph; 18.5 knots @ 2150 RPM (600 mile range).
- Maximum speed: 22 knots @ 2600 RPM.
- 12V/110V systems with AC-DC circuit breaker panels with voltmeters.
- 2013 & 2014 4-8D batteries with master switches, all batteries available for house or engine start (isolated through charging solenoid).
- 120 amp Balmar alternator.
- 2017 Freedom Xantrex 1800 watt inverter-charger.
- 110V shore power, 30 amp service.
- Xantrex battery control panel.
- Atwood 10 gallon S/S hot water heater.
- For two to four in elegant varnished cherry interior.
- Large area forward with offset double berth (54” at head); 4 drawers, cedar-lined hanging locker and storage cabinets.
- Next aft to starboard is a dinette with maroon striped cushions and cherry table; dinette converts to a 6’ 1 ½” long double berth with storage under.
- To starboard is an enclosed head with S/S sink, Wilcox-Crittenden Skipper head, shower with curtain, and storage shelves.
- To port is the galley with green Corian countertop, Force 10 three burner LPG stove with oven, GE microwave, 2 S/S sinks and faucets with hot and cold pressure water, and Norcold 12V-110V refrigerator with freezer.
- Frigast chrome reading lights.
- Espar diesel heat system.
- Composite teak and holly sole.
- 2012 Standard Horizon GX2100 Matrix VHF with AIS.
- 2012 Standard Horizon GX2000 VHF.
- 2010 Standard Horizon 10” color GPS-Plotter.
- Raytheon 8010 color echo sounder.
- Raytheon R20XX Rasterscan radar.
- AM-FM-CD stereo with 2 Fusion speakers.
- 4 West Marine deck chairs.
- Fold-up cockpit table.
- Revere 4 man Life raft in hard canister – needs certification.
- Igloo cooler.
- Fresh water and salt water washdown in port cockpit.
- Nav lights.
- AFI double arm windshield wipers.
- Xintex propane solenoid.
- 4 life jackets.
- 3 fenders.
- 4 docklines.
- Propane locker – 2-10 lb tanks.
- 6 maroon velcro curtains to use on portlights below.
COMMENTS: FIN-ATIC is one of the popular 36’ BHM hulls built by Atlantic Boat Company in Brooklin, ME, and custom finished by her only owner who worked and managed for Atlantic Boat Company for many years. The BHM 36’s are well-known to have one of the most seakindly, flat rides of all the various Downeast hulls available. He finished this vessel for his own use which included taking day charter cruises around Penobscot Bay. His many thorough details will impress any knowledgeable buyer. The engine access in this vessel is the best you will find anywhere; the joinerwork is also exceptional. Here is an opportunity to own a vessel which looks very similar to the 38’ Shelter Island Runabouts, but is offered at half the price. Please come and inspect this exceptional Downeast Express Cruiser – you will not be disappointed. Thank you for your interest.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.