1995 Custom Fenwick Williams Alden 21
- View Full Specifications
Price just reduced
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Located In:
- West Bath, ME
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 19,900
Designed by Fenwick Williams and built by a Maine trained boatbuilder ZEPHYRUS has been meticulously maintained and is in sail away condition. The pocket cruiser features many improvements by her current owner including a new mast (2017), boom (2017), standing and running rigging, and much more.
Comments by the owner:
While working in Alden’s office in 1928, Fenwick Williams designed this 21 foot “knockabout” double ender. The design is a smaller version of his 24’ gaff rigged yawl and is a remarkably spacious, compact, pocket cruiser. The fractional marconi rig carries 271 square feet of sail, and the ample freeboard of the spoon bow keeps sailors reasonably dry. This boat was painstakingly constructed in New Orleans by a Maine trained builder who used every available technique to construct a rot-proof wooden boat including pressure treating the white oak ribs and selecting the most rot resistant species. The boat went to Maine a few years after her launch to insure she did not fall victim to the humid conditions of the south, and two Maine owners have worked extensively to preserve and upgrade the vessel.
ZEPHYRUS was sailed regularly this past summer (2018) and is currently under cover for the winter where she is easily accessible.
- Hull - atlantic cedar on treated oak frame fastened with copper rivets, old growth cypress stem and stern post, pressure treated old growth hard pine keel, lead ballast (1200 lbs.), old growth hard pine deck with fiberglass topcoat, wana brightwork
- Cabin - 2 full sized berths, storage locker with fold down table, hanging hooks, screens, porta potty, butane portable stove, bow storage.
- Cockpit - self-bailing with reverse piped drains. 4 storage lockers and engine hatch.
- Mast - 2017 hollow birdsmouth old growth black spruce with masthead wiring.
- Boom - 2017 solid old growth black spruce
- Standing Rigging - 2017/18 1-19 stainless with bronze turnbuckles, Schaefer furler
- Running Rigging - 2017/18 dyneema blend double braid runners and halyards, polyester double braid sheets with all lines to cockpit. Spinlock deck organizers and clutches. Single line slab reefing and lazy jacks. Most blocks also 2017/18.
- Sails - 2017 Nat Wilson Oceanus custom main and furling jib. 2018 mainsail cover. Older spares available.
- Engine - 2008 Beta Marine diesel 14hp with new shaft and 3 blade fixed prop. 344 engine hours. Racor fuel filter and bronze raw water strainer. 2015 Vetus sailboat single lever engine control. 2008 - 7 gal. alum. fuel tank
- Electronics - 2017 ICom M324G VHF with DSC/GPS and masthead antenna, RAM Mount for IPad GPS, 2008 Beta Marine Engine control gauges. Fuel gauge, Ritchie bulkhead compass.
- Electrical - 2 12v batteries(2013, 2016) 2008 battery selector switch and fuse panel, running lights with masthead light. 2016 LED main cabin light and 12v & 5.1v USB outlets.
- Bilge Pumps - 2 Rule pumps with auto switches and 1 manual pump.
- Anchors - Rocna 6kg with 15’ 1/4” chain and 175’ rode. Danforth 10# with 140’ rode.
- Original Plans included.
- Trailer - 2005 Triad custom 2 axle included.
- Equipment - 2 fenders, 2 dock lines, older mainsail, spare lines, Forespar whisker pole, boat hook and brush, 1 winch handle, I fire extinguisher, 2 life jackets, 2 seat cushions, throw ring, emergency swim ladder, spare parts, manuals, wooden thru-hull plugs included.
- Dingy - 2008 custom, matching Nutshell pram available as an addition.
- ZEPHYRUS is currently in the water and sailing.
Please contact at 207- 236-4231
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 21 ft 2 in
Beam: 7 ft 0 in
LWL: 18 ft 7 in
Maximum Draft: 3 ft 0 in
Displacement: 4650 lbs
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Artisan Boatworks
Westport, ME, United States
Italian Motor Launch
Rockport, ME, United States
Downeast Lobster Yacht
Unknown, RI, United States
Unknown, RI, United States
Angelman Sea Witch 35
Kemah, TX, United States