1994 Hatteras Cockpit Motor Yacht
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Brunswick, GA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 595,000
KANDER is a beautiful, stabilized Hatteras 70 cockpit motor yacht with four staterooms and four heads. She has recently completed an extensive list of upgrades and improvements with an open checkbook with more than $400,000 spent, and it shows. From her gleaming new paint job and top-end rebuilt engines, to her new electronics and soft goods, KANDER was meticulously refit to today?s excellent condition.
KANDER is in superb condition and needs to be seen to be appreciated.
The Hatteras 70 Cockpit Motor Yacht is a very popular yacht (more than 50 were built) with a European profile and extravagant accommodations. She is basically a 65 MY with a cockpit addition. The larger hull allows for an additional 426 gallons of fuel.
The floor plan has the galley and dinette on the deckhouse level where it is convenient to
the salon. This yacht features the ever popular four stateroom/four head layout. The full width salon is extended well aft with a private stairway to the master stateroom. Separated from the salon and forward is the wheel house and galley. The massive fly bridge has room for a dinghy aft and seating for a small crowd.
KANDER features a full width owner's stateroom aft for privacy, with 3 guest staterooms forward of the pilothouse. The expansive salon features a 70? flat panel TV and new carpeting and furniture. The pilothouse and bridge deck feature new electronics, as well as new upholstery and new LED lighting throughout.
The spacious insulated FULL BEAM ENGINE ROOM amidships houses the main engines (that have had a recent top-end rebuild) and related mechanical systems. The generator room is forward and contains a new generator and new air conditioning units.
Contact - Wayne Goldman
The Multihull Company California Office
Located in San Francisco, CA
Please contact Wayne Goldman at 215-508-2704
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 70 ft 0 in
Beam: 18 ft 11 in
Engine Brand: Detroit
Engine Model: 12v92TADDEC
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Number of heads: 4
KANDER has had an extensive refit in upgrade within the last three years. More than $400,000 has been spent on mechanical, electronic and aesthetic improvements.
- Complete AwlGrip superstructure and hull
- Exterior varnish
- Interior salon, galley and pilothouse wood all refinished
- All New stainless galley appliances and marble countertops
- All New faux teak & holly cabin sole in pilothouse, galley and heads
- New drawer fridge under staircase to flybridge
- New lower helm and helm seat/watch berth upholstery
- New upholstered navigation helm console
- New carpeting throughout
- New electric fresh water flushing toilets heads installed
- New Garmin electronics package at lower and upper helm
- Rebuilt hydraulic bow thruster with controls at all three stations
- New electric stern thruster with controls at all three stations
- New underwater lighting and camera
- Both main engines top-end overhaul approx. 150 hours
- New 70" TV in main salon
DIMENSIONS + DETAILS
- Boat Name: KANDER
- Designer: Hargrave
- Flag of Registry: United States
- Beam: 18 ft 11 in
- Maximum Draft: 5 ft 11 in
- Displacement: 103000 lbs
- Fresh Water Tanks: (343 Gallons)
- Fuel Tanks: (1596 Gallons)
- Holding Tanks: (200 Gallons)
- Number of single berths: 6
- Number of cabins: 4
- Number of heads: 4
- Seating Capacity: 9
- KANDER is the standard, four stateroom, four head, galley-up layout
- The Master Stateroom is located aft of the full width engine room, furnished with a centerline King berth and built-in cabinets outboard to port and starboard. The head is to port with a double width Jacuzzi tub/shower combination. To starboard, there is a cedar lined walk-in closets, large enough for all of your hanging clothing.
- A beautiful VIP guest stateroom is amid-ship forward of the engine room, accessed from the pilothouse. Furnished with an island queen berth, there are bedside cabinets and two hanging lockers along with abundant built-in drawers. The VIP stateroom has a remodeled ensuite head with Jacuzzi tub and shower.
- Continuing forward from the VIP cabin in the hallway is the laundry center with new separate washer and dryer.
- Two additional staterooms are forward, one with an upper and lower berth to port with head and shower ensuite. All the way forward is the fourth stateroom with a double bed and ensuite head and shower. This stateroom is very comfortable for a couple and would be considered a VIP stateroom on most yachts of this size.
- The engine room is accessed from the aft stairway and forward of the Master stateroom. The engine room is full width and stand up height.
MAIN DECK LEVEL
- Entering the vessels from the aft deck, entry is through a Lucite door into the huge main salon. Features include a desk with counter storage area to starboard with very generous custom cabinetry. There is Corian countertops along the starboard side with lockers below. All of the carpeting in the vessel has been replaced with high grade commercial carpeting. The aft Master stateroom stairwell is aft to starboard.
- Forward of the salon is the fully separated galley to port with all new white marble countertops, cabinets with stainless handles, new stainless appliances and vinyl teak and holly flooring. To starboard is a newly upholstered dinette for four, ample storage below with a new white marble table top.
- The pilothouse is forward and features the same teak and holly vinyl flooring, port and starboard sliding side doors and a new upholstered helm seat/watch berth aft of the center helm station with chart drawers below. From the pilothouse, there is a stairway up to the flybridge with new opaque hatch cover offering ample natural light over the stairs and a stairway down to the VIP, guest, and crew staterooms, both on the starboard side. A short hallway leads aft to the main deck galley and salon. The pilothouse affords excellent visibility forward as well as to port and starboard. The pilothouse has been refit with new electronics and upholstery
There is a large U-shaped dinette to starboard and a generous modern galley to port. The galley was recently renovated with plenty of cabinets, new white marble counter-tops and dinette table, appliances, fabrics and teak and holly vinyl flooring. Across from the galley is a four-person dinette with new marble table top and new upholstery, complemented with generous storage below.
- New marble counter tops
- New stainless Whirlpool side-by-side refrigerator & freezer and in-door ice/water
- New stainless Whirlpool 4-burner electric stove top
- New stainless Whirlpool dishwasher
- New stainless Whirlpool microwave
- New stainless Whirlpool trash compactor
- New garbage disposal
- New stainless Double sink and faucet
- New teak and holly vinyl sole flooring
- New stainless steel tile back splash
- Custom cabinets
The flybridge is expansive. There is an over-size new Thermal Balance hardtop with 1200W solar array that covers the entire bridge deck area and runs refrigeration. There are two helm seats, followed aft by a cabinet with a new refrigerator. Aft of the fridge is the large guest seating area that has new cushions and upholstery and two new granite tables illuminated by new LED White/Red lighting.
- Full helm console with all new electronics
- Two helm seats
- New hard top
- New refrigerator
- Aft area with mirror image L-shaped bench seats, pedestal tables with granite tops
- New upholstered cushions, numerous canvas covers, safety railing
- Aft deck for inflatable with chocks
- MarQuipt 1000 electric davit
The foredeck is accessed by the port and starboard pilothouse doors and features a cushioned seating area on the bow and two deck boxes with cushions, all with new upholstery. The foredeck is fiberglass and non-skid.
The aft deck and cockpit are accessed from the salon. The aft deck has a teak table and chairs and a docking control station with New controls. The floor has new vinyl teak and holly flooring.
The aft cockpit is generous and has plenty of room for fishing and other activities. There is abundant storage with fishing rod holders.
- Large swim platform
- MarQuipt 1000 lb. 110V electric crane on bridge deck
- Electric air horns
- New flybridge Bimini hardtop
- Electric windlass with new control switches
- Danforth anchor with all chain rode
- Spare nylon rode
- Two foredeck storage boxes with newly upholstered cushioned seats
- Molded seat forward on deckhouse with newly upholstered cushions
- New cocktail fridge on bridge deck
- Fender tracks with adjustable slides and dogs port and starboard
- Bow pulpit with double anchor roller
- Electric windlass
- Fenders with lines
- Swim ladder
- New spreader lights
- New underwater lights at stern
- New electrically controlled search lights
- Stainless steel exterior railings
- Boat wash down system
- 2 Helm seats
- Flybridge covers
- Hot and cold shower in cockpit
- 2 New granite dining tables on flybridge
- Huge cockpit storage area
- New boat deck & foredeck flood lighting
- Storage boxes port & starboard foredeck
- The cockpit is full width aft, accessed by a large swim platform, a transom door and equipped with rod holders and large, built-in custom storage cabinets
- New additions include new cockpit engine controls, including bow and stern thruster controls.
KANDER has had a complete electronics upgrade with a new, state-of-the-art Garmin Navigation system.
Lower Helm Electronics
- VHF 300
- AIS 600
- Garmin 8000 16" touch screen multi-function display
- Garmin GMR XHD 48-mile radar
- Garmin 6kW open array 4 kW radar scanner
- Garmin GSD 22 sounder module
- Garmin GHS 10 autopilot remote (wired)
- Garmin GHC 20 autopilot
- Garmin engine room camera
- Twin engine monitor displays
- Ritchie 5" compass
- Garmin GHC 20 autopilot remote (wireless)
- Garmin 8000 12" touch screen multi-function display
- Garmin XHD networked 72-mile radar
- Garmin GHS 10 VHF
- Ritchie 3.5" compass
KANDER is equipped to operate equally well at sea or dockside: two 50 amp 120 volt AC shore connections with shore cables of 75' length. Incoming electric protection is provided by isolation transformer.
One new 20 kw Onan diesel electric generators serve at sea to provide electric power and back-up power for the ship's 120 and 240 VAC systems and 12 and 24 VDC systems. Lighting and equipment run on various voltages. DC systems are powered by the ship's batteries which are charged by the two 50 amp Dyteck automatic battery chargers and by alternators on the engines. Lighting is both 24 volt DC and 120 volt AC. Engines and generators start with 24 VDC. Batteries have parallel connection ability. Electric panels are located at the helm, engine room and lower companion way.
- 12/24 and 110/220V systems
- Twin 50-amp ships service or (2) 30-amp plugs
- New Onan 20 kW generators
- Generator controls in AC panel in pilot house
- DC electrical panel with circuit breakers in pilot house
- DC electrical panel with circuit breakers in engine room
- AC electrical panel in pilothouse with circuit breakers
- AC electrical panel with circuit breakers in engine room
- AC pilothouse panel with (2) separate panels, AC volts and Amp meters
- 2 isolation transformers
- Dytek auto/manual controlled battery charger
- (8) Cruise Air reverse cycle AC units with SMX controls
- Dual trumpet stainless steel horn
- 2 New KVH satellite television antenna on radar arch with DirecTV receivers
- Panasonic surround sound system and receiver in main salon
- 70 inch flat screen television in main salon
- Toshiba 37 inch flat screen television in master cabin
- Toshiba 37 inch flat screen television in guest cabin
- 30 gallon hot water heater mounted in engine room
- Toshiba 12 station phone/intercom system throughout the yacht
- Clarion Marine M475 AM/FM/CD player with remote
Main Engine Room
Standup engine room accessible through door in hallway in aft access to Owner?s stateroom. Full access to engines and equipment with tool boxes, workbench and full set of tools.
- 12V92 TA Detroit Diesels, with approximately 50 hours since top end rebuild
- ZF 2.57:1 Transmissions
- Glendinning engine synchronizer
- All shafts, props, and couplings were removed-reconditioned and balanced
- 3" Aquamet stainless steel shafts
- 40 X 37.5 Five-blade props
- Spare set of props
- Naiad 252 stabilizers
- Full engine instrumentation at both helms and in engine room
- Mechanical engine room gauges
- Walker air seps
- New electric bow and stern thrusters
- Oil change system
- Dual Racor filters with manifold valve
- Automatic Halon fire extinguishing system,
- New 30-gallon water heater
- Rule heavy duty bilge pumps, (5) at 3,500 gph, (2) 1500?s at 2,000 gph
Generators are accessed via a hatch below the area of the second guest cabin. Located in forward section of boat for noise isolation.
- New 20kw Onan generator
- Four new air conditioning units
- New throttle and shifter controls
- Rebuilt hydraulic bow thruster
- New electric stern thruster
- New bow and stern thruster controls at helm and flybridge
- New throttle and shifter controls and bow and stern thruster controls on aft deck
- Bennett trim tabs
- Hynautic steering & controls
- Windshield wipers and washers
- All new heads installed throughout
- All personal property is excluded unless specifically identified and included in the sale agreement and listing specifications. Personal property refers to all items not permanently attached to the vessel including, but not limited to: artwork, furnishings, clothing and recreational or entertainment items. Advertisements, marketing materials, and/or other photography may depict the vessel with personal property, however, such personal property is excluded unless otherwise specifically included as provided herein.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.