1994 Freedom 45 Aft Cockpit
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Barrington, RI
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 199,000
Blewberry Pancakes is a HIGHLY CUSTOMIZED and SIGNIFICANTLY UPGRADED Gary Mull designed Freedom 45 aft cockpit with the hallmark features all Freedoms possess, that being, an unstayed main mast built from Carbon Fibre, and a performance hull, able to complete long passages prior to exhausting her crew. She is well-designed, has an A1 Offshore certificate to her hull design, and without question, is a capable offshore cruising yacht, of a fine build quality.
Structurally sound and in excellent mechanical and cosmetic condition, not even factoring her age, what separates Blewberry Pancakes from her sisters is the enormous, continued investment by her current owner.
This yacht has had two owners in her 26 years.
As to the designer, Gary Mull's sailing credentials speak for themselves far in advance and his ability to design a proper bluewater cruiser/racer, and this has led many Freedom 45s to far corners of the globe.
Her Fibreglass construction has proven its mustre many times over, having high strength-to-weight, and she is insulated both for temperature and sound. She was designed to be fast, easily sailed short handed and safe.
The Freedom 45's all possess outstanding sea keeping qualities, all sailing to weather or off the wind impressively, often passing larger yachts. At 4'11" draft, she can be closer to the beach than anything her size, and given her performance and stability, she arrives safely. But one of her most impressive attributes is her ability to sail near to 90 percent of her speed with minimal effort input by crew. Truly, this must be felt to be appreciated.
The yachts cabin headroom is excellent, with 6 foot 5 inch or more headroom 196 cm, and is finished throughout with high-quality solid, varnished cherry and teak joinery work.
In great condition and constantly upgraded, she has benefitted from great care under the tutelage of Warren River Boatworks, the best known Freedom Yachts outfitter, refit facility, located in Warren Rhode Island.
Her asking price is somewhere near a quarter of the overall investment the owner has made to her.
She is an eye catching yacht, attractive in every way.
For the value, this is one of the most worthy candidates on the market in her size and class. With many folks looking to escape off the grid, this superbly configured yacht will not last long in this market.
Please contact Dana Davidson at 401-965-1684
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 45 ft 0 in
Beam: 13 ft 6 in
Displacement: 27500 lbs Dry Load
Ballast: 7500 lbs
Total Power: 75 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 4JH-2TE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 75 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 Aluminum (60 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 2 Aluminum (66 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 Aluminum (30 Gallons)
Number of heads: 2
LAYOUT, ACCOMODATIONS, INTERIOR FEATURES
Sleeps four in two cabins, additionally the salon could sleep two to three if circumstances warrant. Highly customized interior by Warren River Boatworks makes Blewberry Pancakes a superb offering that must be seen to be fully appreciated.
MASTER CABIN. Starting forward, the MASTER STATEROOM has an extra long V-berth with aircraft-style overhead lockers in the hull deck joint area; Large hanging locker and dresser with shelves. Additionally for excellent ventilation, the hatch and three opening ports provide excellent movement of air. TempurPedic V berth Mattress for superb comfort, custom cabinetry, custom retractable V Berth entry step for easy access to the forward berth. Full length mirror in forward cabin. Air conditioning system and Webasto heating system vent.
FORWARD HEAD: Next aft the head area is to port, integral shower area, hatch and opening port Electric head. Faucets have been upgraded with new, 2018
MAIN SALOON: To port is a large L-shaped dinette. The bulkhead mounted table has integral built in bookshelves along with a storage cabinet beneath; bookshelves and cabinets over dinette. To starboard: settee. Entertainment center with TV, VCR, CD Stereo over settee; Three overhead hatches with built in hinging screens and two opening ports. Chelsea Shipstrike Clock and Barometer rebuilt 2019.
GALLEY: Full wraparound galley affords exceptional security for cook when underway; extra large SS sink with integral drain board rarely seen on yachts this size; pressure and manual water pumps; new faucets 2018; new in 2019 Force 10 LP 3 burner stove with oven and broiler; large divided freezer and refrigeration system with dual circuit Sea Frost plates and hi efficiency hold over system; microwave oven. Faucets have been upgraded with new, 2018
AFT HEAD: To Starboard is a large head with stall shower, manual toilet; three opening ports, vent hatch. Faucets have been upgraded with new, 2018
GUEST STATEROOM: Aft and to starboard, the guest stateroom has Large double quarter berth; hanging locker; two drawers; shelves, cabinet; Vent hatch, one opening port; one fixed port.
NAV STATION: To port, aft of the galley, is the impressive navigation station. Electrical completely re-engineered. Additionally, the Bass Electrical panel is also in the area.
EXTRAS: Fusion Sound system in cabin and cockpit with controls at wheel and remote. Remote control TV on Scissor jack, disappearing into cabinetry. Note that this is the only Freedom 45 with this feature. Custom Cabinetry. LED Lighting, Danish oil lamps, Recessed lighting, mood lighting - back lit behind some of the bulkheads.
COCKPIT: The cockpit has a substantially redesigned to allow for more usable storage with shelves, compartments and steps to the bottom. 110 VAC power with lighting for doing projects.
DECK FITTINGS and DETAILS
Numerous upgraded deck details make Blewberry Pancakes a special yacht in all respects. A small detail but one worth mentioning nonetheless, to express the nature of the yacht: In the aft lazarette storage locker on deck, customized shelving with lights and 110V power, allows access to the depths of the storage locker.
- Custom anchor locker well designed by Paul Dennis with massive Stainless Steel bowsprit
- Dual anchor rollers and oversize chocks,
- Electric windlass custom install by Warren River, rebuilt 2019
- Binnacle based remote windlass control
- Anchor chain counter
- 12 inch bow cleats are 40 percent larger than standard
- Anchors: one ROCKNA 35 with 300 feet of heavy chain, fitting windlass perfectly.; one CQR 35, one chain and nylon rode
- Lunch hook
- Fluke Anchor with chain and rode
- Chain stop
OTHER DECK EQUIPMENT
Stainless Steel handrails
- 29" high lifeline stanchions and pulpits, all stainless steel
- Two Stainless Steel SS cowl vents on teak dorade boxes with SS guards
- Large cockpit with teak drop leaf table and custom leaves
- Mini-davit for outboard hoisting
- Seawater washdown pump
- Long cockpit seats -- suitable for sleeping
- Sail locker, shallow rope and sheet storage locker, LP locker
- Cockpit cushions
- Aft platform shower
- Dodger with Strataglass window and side view panels, new in 2019. Note that this is much thicker and more durable material.
- Fully enclosed Cockpit Canopy, new in 2020, with roll down canvas windows
- Leather wheel cover, new in 2019
- Mack pack sail cover new in 2020
- Aft rail custom seating
- Cockpit cushions
HATCHES AND PORTS
All hatches and ports have been rebedded and are dry
Main and forward cabin hatches replaced in 2018
Custom sole for the helmsman made of teak
Blewberry Pancakes has a significantly refit and upgraded electrical system, with custom electrical distribution panel with digital meters wiring runs that are properly run and with new labels and easy to understand. This refit was gradual, over 22 years of yearly perfecting and enhancing the system to make it worthy, functional for the next owner.
- 50 amp shore power, with a 50 amp shore cord
- AC generator 9kVA,
- Three Military grade AGM 8D house batteries, 2019; One 8D engine starter battery; One 4D gen-set starter battery. NOTE all batteries are continually charged throughout the season.
- Heart 2800 Inverter/charger and secondary Freedom 10 inverter/charger
- Nav lights including Tri-color masthead with strobe & deck lights
- Marineair 16,000 BTU air conditioning/rev cycle heat
- Solar panels mounted on the cockpit canvas providing power to the boat and buttressing the charging system.
- VHF- ICOM with two handsets
- SINGLE SIDE BAND - ICOM 800 with IC 120 tuner, copper ground plane and aft whip antenna
- 2 Meter HAM radio
- SAIL INSTRUMENTS: BROOKS & GATEHOUSE Hydra 2 system with 2 20/20 displays and one 8 button control mounted over companionway; one 8 button Hydra 2 control at Nav station; fluxgate compass
- AUTOPILOT: ROBERTSON AP 300 with remote control
- FURUNO 1831 RADAR; Antenna dome.
- GPS with NEMA 2000 interface
- Cell phone and ATT High Seas Direct phone
- ENTERTAINMENT CENTER: Sony CD player, AM-FM; 13" TV and VCR player
- Main engine: Yanmar 4 JHT2 turbo-charged 75 HP
- All engine hoses replaced in 2018
- Max-prop 3 blade feathering prop, recent service
- Electric oil change pump with 3 level fail safe system involving valves, switches, and circuit breaker
- Two alternators -- one 80 amp; one Balmar 150 amp large case on dual belts
- Oil Pressure, Ammeter, water temp gauges on pedestal
- Dual Racor fuel oil filter/separators, AND Tertiary fuel filtration with quick changing system
- engine under galley counter with excellent access
- Conventional shaft seal with superior maintenance access
- PANDA AC diesel generator in sound shield with 440 hours
- Batteries new 2019
- Holding tank level indicator 2017
- Custom Carbon fiber spar, Aluminum boom
- HARKEN Battcar slide track and cars
- Mainsail, Spectra/mylar with maximum roach
- 120% dacron roller genoa
- Storm jib
- 135% roller genoa, Spectra/mylar
- Storm try sail
- 1.5 oz nylon Race Spinnaker
- .75 oz Cruising spinnaker with snuffer sleeve
- Sailcover; cover for cockpit table
- Cockpit cushions
- Furlex Roller furling for jib and Carbon fiber spinnaker pole
- Custom Self tailing track for headsail
- 2 Harken 46ST self-tailing Staysail/runner winches on cockpit coamings
- All halyards and control lines led aft to cockpit winches through 13 rope clutches
- Harken #46ST cabin top self-tailing winch -- one Harken #48ST electric powered winch to raise main sail nearly effortlessly, rebuilt 2019
- Second, emergency, Main Halyard
- Upgraded Sheet stoppers
- Custom Heavy weather Boom vang system
- Mainsail halyard electric motor refurbished 2019
- Self tacking roller furling Jib
- Upgraded Mainsail reefing system for one line reefing
- New Main sail cover 2020
- Dodger new 2019 built with Strataglass. Thurston.
- Completely new bimini 2020 by Thurston. Completely enclosed with drop downs.
Hi water bilge alarm with automatic electric bilge pump
Automatic bilge pump cycle counter, for safety and to determine output
Cockpit crew harness attachment points mounted iin various locations
Hi Flow Manual Emergency bilge pump
Hand held Strobe
Hand Held GPS
Emergency air horn
PFDs Type 1's and Type 3's, and the associated equipment
Cabin sole has special lock down system to assure cabin sole will not become a projectile.
LED Navigation lighting with tri color masthead lighting
Dual Cabin Air conditioning with digital controls for Master Stateroom and for main salon
Webasto dual heating system using diesel oil from the tank, for better access to higher latitudes or for early or late season sailing comfort
BLEWBERRY PANCAKES is the most customized of the Freedom 45s. She is reviewed yearly for updates and all are performed by Freedom expert Warren River Boatworks in Warren RI. This yacht is the best of her breed.
Personal items and clothing are not included withthe inventory. Anything not listed as being part of the inventory shall be excluded with the listing.
Neither brokers nor owner offer warranty's of any kind. It is the buyers responsibility to hire competent marine surveyors to assess the fit and fitness of the vessel. All inventory is stated on the listing and any item not listed should be considered excluded from the inventory of the vessel.
Other Boats from Davidson Yachts
45 center cockpit
Barrington, RI, United States