1994 Custom 60 Pilot Schooner
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Hilton Head Island, SC
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 149,000
This is LEOPARD....The custom prototype Pilot Schooner 60 by Parker Marine Enterprises....Designed and built by Reuel Parker as his personal yacht. Cold molded construction completed in 1994 and indeed served as Mr. Parker's home and office for five years. To quote Reuel Parker..."Pilot schooners have long been appreciated by yachtsmen seeking historic beauty and tradition, combined with power, seaworthiness, safety and comfort. I firmly believe the Virginia Pilot Boat model makes as ultimate a cruising yacht—or charter boat—as can be found. My years living and cruising on “Leopard” included the best sailing I have ever experienced in my life."
Leopard has been owned by her third loving owner for the past several years and is now offered for sale due to family obligations and a busy schedule, limiting the time available to enjoy this beautiful piece of art. The hull was painted three years ago, electronics were updated in 2015, new Sunbrella interior upholstery in 2018, new stainless steel wire standing rigging in 2015, all new running rigging (sheets & halyards) in 2015 and an eight-man offshore life raft in 2015. Leopard was hauled in April 2018 and received an overall freshening including anti-fouling bottom paint and general detailing.
Please see "Full Specs" and call for additional information.
SIGNIFICANT RECENT PRICE REDUCTION!
Please contact Harbourside Marine Group Inc. at 843-842-8401
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Parker Marine Enterprises
Designer: Reuel Parker
LOA: 75 ft 6 in
Beam: 15 ft 2 in
LWL: 52 ft 8 in
Length on Deck: 60 ft 6 in
Minimum Draft: 4 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 9 ft 6 in
Displacement: 46000 lbs Half Load
Ballast: 14000 lbs
Total Power: 85 HP
Engine Brand: Perkins
Year Built: 1994
Engine Model: 4-236
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: V Drive
Engine Power: 85 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (330 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: Aluminum (160 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
Total Liferaft Capacity: 8
Leopard has (4) bunks in the forward cabin V-berth, a double bunk in the master stateroom, (2) single bunks in the mid-cabin and (2) pilot berths in the main saloon. Settees in the main saloon are properly sized for sleeping as well allowing for total overnight accommodations for (12). There are two manual flush heads, a large separate shower stall, navigation station, large stowage hold/workshop and a full galley.
The huge centerboard is foil-shaped, as is the balanced shaft-mounted rudder. The outside ballast is lead cast into a "flatiron"-shaped steel keel box--essentially an end-plate keel (the balanced rudder also ends in a similar shape). The overlapping lug-foresail is retained, and the masts are raked more than ten degrees. There are shrouds and stays as the vessel is designed for offshore, and twin headsails are employed. Auxiliary power is a Perkins 4-236 diesel with a Hurth HSW 630V V-drive 2.5:1 transmission.
* New Sunbrella interior upholstery in 2018
* LED lighting throughout the interior spaces
* (2) Newport by Dickinson diesel-powered cabin heaters. One in the main cabin aft and the second in the forward cabin.
* Force 10 Stainless Steel 3-burner stove/oven
* Propane tanks in dedicated overboard draining deck boxes
* Stainless Steel sink with fresh and raw water foot pumps
* Top-loading ice box with access from the galley and the cockpit. Holds 300 lbs of ice.
* (4) fresh water tanks...(2) under the forward settee of the saloon, (1) under the mid-cabin port bunk and (1) under the master bunk. 330 gallons total capacity.
* Black-painted tank mounted on the forward cabin top for gravity-fed shower.
* All water delivery systems are via manual diaphragm pumps.
* Reritan manual pump head in the mid-cabin
* Raritan manual pump head in the forward cabin
* Stainless steel sinks with freshwater foot pumps in each head
* Large stand-up separate shower stall in forward cabin with gravity-fed, solar-heated 25 gallon black painted tank.
* 77 Lb Spade anchor model 160 with 200' of 1/2" chain (new in fall of 2017)
* 75 Lb Bruce anchor with 60' of chain and 200' of triple braid nylon rode
* 35 Lb Danforth lunch hook / stern anchor
* 75 Lb Plow anchor
* Luenburg Foundary manual horizontal windlass
* Fresh anti-fouling bottom paint (2018)
* 2 1/4" stainless steel aft dinghy davits
* (6) southern yellow pine wooden deck stanchions
* 1" 8-plait double lifelines
* (4) Bomar deck hatches in forward cabintop
* (2) Bomar deck hatches in main aft cabin (over the navigation station and galley)
* Wood and glass butterfly hatch in the main saloon
* 500 cu ft mid-cabin storage hold/work shop
* Deck boxes on each side of the main mast--one dedicated as propane locker and the other for dinghy gasoline tank.
Sails and Rigging
* Gaff rigged main with (3) reefing points--full battens (new gaff 2016)
* Gaff rigged foresail with (2) reefing points--loose footed and overlapping with battens
* Jib on roller furler
* Self-tacking staysail
* All new stainless steel wire standing rigging 2015 (Keys Rigging)
* All new running rigging (sheets & halyards) 2015 (Keys Rigging)
* (2) 2-speed genoa winches
* (1) Enkes 2-speed foresail/mainsail winch
* Masts and boom are painted spruce
* Bowsprit is 5" X 11" painted spruce
Electronics and Navigation Equipment
* Garmin GPSmap 541s Multifunction Display for GPS/Chartplotter and Sonar/Bottom Machine (new 2015)
* Raymarine Autopilot (new 2015)
* Standard Horizon Matrix AIS/GPS DSC VHF radio (new 2015)
* Furuno GPS/WAAS Navigator reciever
* Freedom Marine 10 1000 watt DC to AC inverter and 50-amp automatic battery charger
* Xantrex digital battery monitor
* 30-amp shore service power cable and inlet
* 110-volt AC outlets in each cabin with a power strip in the navigation station
* (2) deep cycle marine house batteries
* (1) dedicated deep cycle marine starting battery
* 12-volt accessory receptacles in navigation station
* LED lights throughout the interior spaces
* Single Perkins model 4-236 85/hp diesel V-drive inboard
* Hurth 2.5:1 V-drive transmission
* New engine mounts (2014)
* Dripless shaft seal (2014)
* 80-gallon aluminum fuel tank aft of the engine compartment
* 78-gallon aluminum fuel tank in the mid-cabin stowage hold/work shop
* Both fuel tanks have removable inspection ports for cleaning/inspection
* Dual Raritan acrylic raw water sea strainers
* Lifesling man overboard recovery system (new 2014)
* Revere 8-man offshore life raft (2015)
* Fire extinguisher in aft lazarette, navigation station, mid-cabin & forward cabin
* Offshore first aid kit
* ACR GlobalFix Pro 406 emergency position indicating radio beacon (EPIRB)--manual release bracket and built-in GPS
* USCG safety package
* docking fenders & lines
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
cheap and easy