1994 Cornish Crabbers Cutter 24
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Ardfern, Argyll & Bute, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 22,500 (US$ 29,079)
An evolution of the much loved original Crabber design the Cornish Crabber 24 with her traditional lines and rig is a greatly admired design in any marina. With the retractable bowsprit enhancing the sail area considerably her performance in all weathers is admirable while with the sprit retracted berthing is also reasonable.
Built to order in late 1994 LOUISA was exhibited at the Earls Court London Boatshow in January 1995 before being commissioned for her then owner. During her first couple of season afloat the boat was the star of many articles and photo shoots for the yachting press having been fitted out to an exceptional standard with lots of then extras.
Freshly launched for the 2019 season LOUISA has been antifouled, polished, cleaned, ready to sail away..
Please contact Mark Cameron at +44 (0)7988763254
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 9.29 m
Beam: 2.59 m
LWL: 6.32 m
Maximum Draft: 1.06 m
Displacement: 3606 kgs
Total Power: 19 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 1994
Engine Model: 2GM20
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 19 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 1
Fuel Tanks: 1 (55 Liters)
Number of heads: 1
Electrical Circuit: 12V
We purchased LOUISA in the spring of 2019, through Mark. Blessed with a summer of exceptional weather we were spoilt and enjoyed using LOUISA most weeks during the season. She proved herself to be safe and dependable, regardless of the weather conditions while being great fun to sail.
Our first foray into boat ownership she has whet our appetite for sailing.
Cornish Crabber 24 Bermudan Cutter Rig in a traditional styling with alloy mast and spars. LOUISA was surveyed for insurance purposes in 2018, a copy of this survey is available upon request.
- GRP traditional moulded single piece hull in a simulated planking style.
- Full length traditional long keel.
- Skeg hung rudder aft.
- Hull portlights forward, port and starboard.
- Hull finished externally in the original green gelcoat with white boot.
- Below waterline surfaces finished in red antifouling.
- GRP traditional moulded deck with an incorporated cockpit with moulded bench seats and moulded toerail outboard.
- Deck moulding finished externally in the original two-tone cream.
- Stanchion supported single guard wire running the length of the decks.
- Port lights in elevated coachroof superstructure sides.
- Solid teak grab rails on coachroof top.
- Port and starboard cockpit lockers. With additional lined lazarette locker aft.
- Larch cockpit grating.
Spars & Rigging.
- Aluminium Mast and Boom manufactured by Z-Spars.
- Retractable Spruce Bowsprit.
- Standing Rigging Completely Replaced 2009.
- Halyards & Sheets Completely Replaced 2016.
- Masthead tri-colour navigation light.
- Block & tackle type kicker.
- Lazyjacks rigged for stowing mainsail.
Rigged with the traditional Bermudan Cutter Rig the Crabber 24 is known to be an excellent sailing boat with sufficient sail area to keep her moving well even in light airs.
- Primary Winches - 2x Meissner 8, single speed.
- Secondary Winches - 2x Meissner 8, single speed.
- Cockpit Halyard / Reefing Winches - 2x Meissner, single speed.
- Mast Mounted Halyard Winch - 1x Meissner 8, single speed.
- Mainsail - Slab reefing, 3 full reefs. Cream Dacron.
- Staysail - Roller furling. Cream Dacron. 2005
- Jib - Roller furling. Cream Dacron. 2012
- Sprayhood - Cream canvas with window forward.
- Mainsail Cover - Burgundy canvas, conventional style cover.
- Cockpit Cover - Low profile winter cover.
- Spray Dodgers - With name in white.
Mooring & Ground Tackle
- Main Anchor - 25lb plough type anchor on 30m chain rode
- Kedge Anchor - 15lb plough type anchor
- Anchor Windlass - Simpson Lawrence manual type.
- Mooring Warps - Selection
- Fenders - Selection
- Wind - TacTic MN30
- Plotter - Raymarine C80 with Navionics Gold Cartography
- Radar - Raytheon Pathfinder Series
- Autopilot - Autohelm ST200+
- VHF - Icom IC-M421 DSC
- Freshwater System - Manually pump cold water system with single folding faucet at galley sink.
- Galley Stove - Tilley Talisman 2 burner gas stove with grill.
- Heads - Jabsco Manual Marine Toilet.
- 5 berth layout - Two large singles, quarter berth and two child-size berths.
- Removable saloon table.
- Separate heads compartment with manual marine toilet.
A cosy and traditional interior the Crabber 24 squeezes a lot into the limited space available. The settees running down either side of the accommodation space provide two good sized single berths with an additional raised berth forward providing a further two small berths, ideal for children. To port aft the cooker is located immediately forward of a compact separate heads compartment is appointed with sea toilet. The galley sink is located to starboard and a clever drop in panel creates additional worktop space while and also doubles as a chart table. The plotter and radar displays are mounted outboard to starboard, aft of the chart table. A quarter berth runs aft on the starboard side providing a generous single berth.
- Bilge Pump - Whale Gusher
- Tender - Less than five years old.
- Boarding ladder - Stainless steel
- Perspex Washboards
- Fire Blanket
- Radar Reflector
- LED Masthead Nav Light
- Bosuns Chair
- Boat Hook
The engine is located within an engine space below the forward end of the cockpit. The GRP moulded companionway steps lift clear providing good access to the front of the engine.
- Yanmar 2GM20. 19hp, 2 cylinder, naturally aspirated, directly cooled marine diesel engine.
- Kanzaki mechanical reversing marine gearbox.
- Conventional stainless steel shaft type sterngear.
- Fixed, 3 blade, bronze prop.
- Engine fully serviced summer 2018.
- Single stainless steel fuel tank. 55ltr capacity.
- Inspection hatch fitted in fuel tank to allow full cleaning of the tank.
- Full set of cruising spares aboard for engine.
- Engine Battery - 1x SFL12v, 85Ah lead acid (2018)
- Domestic Battery - 1x SFL12v, 85Ah lead acid (2018)
Both batteries are marine leisure deep cycle type and can perform as either engine of domestic banks with a single 3-way switch.
In this case we are acting as brokers only.
The Owner is not selling in the course of a business. whilst every care has been taken in their preparation , the correctness of these particulars is not guaranteed. The Purchaser is strongly advised to check the particulars and where appropriate at their expense to employ a qualified Marine Surveyor to carry out a survey and/or to have an engine trial conducted which if conducted by us shall not imply any liability for such engine on our part.
This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.