1993 Marten Whitbread 60
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Breskens, Netherlands
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- EUR 75,000 Tax Not Paid (US$ 88,785)
A well looked after Whitbread 60 - the one that did not go around the world. Perfect for the Ocean Globe race, charter, and adventure sailing. A very modest price and incredible bang for your buck.
Please contact Ben Cooper at +44 (0)1590 679222
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Marten Marine, NZ
Designer: John Swarbrick
LOA: 62 ft 3 in
Beam: 16 ft 7 in
LWL: 56 ft 10 in
Minimum Draft: 12 ft 4 in
Displacement: 14630 kgs
Total Power: 63 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 63 HP
Number of single berths: 12
Number of cabins: 1
Number of heads: 1
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Hull, deck and superstructure: Kevlar/epoxy sandwich.
- Hull painted (2007).
- Deck painted (2007).
- New underwater paint (2010, 2016).
Keel & Rudder:
- Keel: lead bulb – bolted.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Engine: Yanmar 63hp diesel (1993). Serviced every year at least once.
- Reduction gearbox.
- Secondary engine for water ballast water: Yanmar 20hp diesel (1993, seawater cooling). Last serviced June 2019.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Primary Yanmar 63hp last serviced June 2019.
- SecondaryYanmar 20hp last serviced June 2019.
- Speed: max 9 knots; cruising 6.5 knots.
- Fuel consumption per hour at cruising speed: 4.1 litres.
- Speed record under sail 27 knots (current owner).
Propulsion & Steering:
- Max Prop 3-bladed propeller.
- Twin wheel steering.
- Residual current circuit breaker.
- Automatic fuses for the outputs (1 in Heads, 1 in Nav).
- DC power distribution: main fuse / thermal switch panel for different users.
- 2 x 2 pcs Varta promotive EFB E9N 12V/225Ah batteries (2016).
- Victron Energy Centaur Battery charger 24V 40A for charging the 24VDC system batteries (2010).
- Victron type YY for charging the engine start battery (2011).
- Additional power charger (alternator) on the main engine 24V/140A.
Motor for Ballast Pump:
- Yanmar 10kw (1993). Serviced 2010.
- 230VAC Shore Power system.
- Water ballast driven by Jabsco pump via generator.
- Watermaker: Offshore Marine Laboratories. (System installed, needs heavy service).
- New ballast valves (2017).
- Service of water pump (2017).
- New magnetic clutch (2017) of water pump (run by secondary diesel engine).
- 2500 litre ballast tanks per side in two parts to fill.
- 2 Whale bilge pumps.
- Approx. 200 litres in 2 stainless steel tanks.
- Approx. 100 litres in 2 composite tanks.
- Garmin GPS map 7410 plotter.
- Garmin GMR 24xHD radar.
- Garmin GMI20 displays x 4 (2+2 at helm positions).
- Garmin GNX120 7” mast displays x 3.
- Garmin VHF300i + GHS20i wireless handset.
- Garmin AIS600 Blackbox Transceiver.
- Garmin gWind Race wind sensor.
- Garmin GST43 log.
- Garmin GND 10 Black Box.
- Airmar IDT depth + temp sensor.
- Airmar H2183 heading sensor.
- Navtex (2012).
- 2 x gas rings.
- Electric refrigerator (2012).
- Electrical toilet Jabsco Liteflush 12v (2017).
Heating & Ventilation:
- Webasto diesel heater 5.5 kW (2014).
- Shore power indurstrial 220 V air dryer (2014).
- LED inside lighting.
Summary of Accommodation:
- Original layout suitable for charter sailing.
- Separated compact galley and heads.
- 10 bunks + 2 spare.
- Standing height inside the hull saloon area.
- Interior: painted.
- True toilet compartment with door.
- True galley with 2 sinks and 2 stoves.
- Runners (2016).
- Manual hydraulics for runners (at stern and mast).
- Serviced running rig (all new 2015-2019).
- Rig: fractional
- Spars: keel stepped aluminium by Southern Spars (1996)
- Standing rigging: S/S rods (new in 2005)
- Carbon fibre spinnaker and jockey poles
- Frederiksen deck gear
- Vang and Backstays mechanical
- Hydraulic system decommissioned for reliability offshore.
- Hydraulic system for top and stay added.
- 4 x Lewmar pedestal winches.
- 4 x Barient winches.
- 2 x Andersson winches.
- 2 x Harken winches (2017).
- Modernised sail set-up (New 2017-2018).
- Furler-based MH0, A2 and A3.
- New bowsprit design and manufactured by Naval Designer John Swarbrick.
- J1-3 with hooks (2018 hooks).
- Staysail with furler (2018).
- Main, UK, 2012.
- J1, UK, 2012.
- J2, NS, 2018.
- J4, WB, 2013.
- Stays, NS, 2018 with furler.
- A2, WB, 2016.
- A3, NS, 2018.
- Storm (original).
- Storm jib (original).
- Unused second hand custom fitted sails.
- S/S pulpit, pushpits and stanchions.
- Storage cradle.
- New bowsprit (1,5m) 2017. Design and manufactured: John Swarbrick, Australia (original naval architect).
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- 2 CQR anchors.
- 10 m chain + 40 m warp.
- Mooring lines and spring sheets.
- Inflatable Big Fenders 12pcs (2018).
Deck Safety Equipment:
- RORC flare pack.
- 2 x lifebuoys.
- 2 x liferafts (8-2016, 10-2017), served for season 2019.
- Epirb (2012).
Crew Clothing & Safety Equipment:
- 12 x sets of sailing clothes (Magic Marine Element jacket and salopettes/trousers).
- 12 x Adidas Unisex Sb01 Gore-Tex Boots.
- 12 x life vests (Spinlock Deckvest plus 3/2 Clip Performance) used and unserviced since 2017.
- 3 fire extinguishers.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Whitbread 60, TOKIO II @ BerthonInternational.com
Other Boats from Berthon International
Newport, RI, United States
-, Sint Maarten (DUTCH PART)
Newport, RI, United States
Cowes, Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
-, Hong Kong
Whitbread Maxi 81