1993 Baltic 58
- View Full Specifications
Price just reduced
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Pisa, Italy
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- EUR 290,000 Tax Paid (US$ 327,439)
A very rare opportunity to acquire one of just four Sparkman & Stephens Baltic 58’s built. True to the Baltic concept in every respect and offering fantastic performance combined with ease of handling.
**Photos from September 2018**
This model represented the third serial production model cooperation with Sparkman & Stephens and followed the same philosophy as the previous Baltic 64 and Baltic 52. Although the racing scene had moved more into the empty flat-out sailing machines, our 58 proved that the Baltic Yacht concept of building the yachts light, even when equipped with a comfortable interior, made a product that still could compete in races and at the same time offer very comfortable and safe family cruising.
BALTIC YACHTS OVERVIEW:
Baltic Yachts was founded 35 years ago in 1973 by five men looking to build superior yachts – or superyachts - that would give them the edge over their competitors. Baltic Yachts is now one of the leading names in custom and semi-custom made luxury yachts for sale.
- Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from CE Confirmity as she was in use in the EEA prior to June 1998.
- FRP sandwich construction to the highest specification, using unidirectional rovings and high grade resin to develop an extremely rigid yet light and well insulated structure.
- The core material is aircraft-grade Balsa, type CK57. CK57 is lighter than standard balsa. (It has a specific weight of 110 kg/m3 (6,9 lbs/ft3) compared to 155 kg/m3 (9,7 lbs/ft3) of the latter).
- Time and experience have revealed that the very best hull laminate incorporates a hybrid unidirectional roving consisting of a combination of Kevlar and glass fibres. This proven system is refined and used on the BALTIC 58.
- The resin used in the laminates is a modified Isopthalic polyester with higher impact strength, toughness, elongation to break (more crack resistant), and higher water resistant than of the conventionally used resins.
- This combination of sandwich construction, unidirectional Kevlar/Glass fibres and high-grade resin will result in laminates with significant weight reduction but also added strength and durability compared to conventional laminates.
- All high stress areas are specially strengthened with a build up of unidirectional rovings orientated in the direction of the stress.
- Transverse floors and longitudinal stringers are made up of a unidirectional roving and fabmat around a low density PVC foam core.
- Finishing - Hull outside painted with high quality abrasion-resistance colour pigment gelcoat.
- White hull colour – repainted 2009
- Hull inside to be topcoated white or dark brown.
- Main structural bulkheads are built up of a balsa core GRP sandwich construction.
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Hand laid-up moulded fibreglass with balsa core for stiffening and insulation and a high density core reinforcement incorporated in the mounting areas of winches and fittings. The deck has a high strength/weight ratio and is bonded to the hull with layers of roving. The deck is through bolted to the hull.
- Deck is painted with high quality abrasion-resistance colour pigment gelcoat.
- Standard colour is white.
- Teak laid deck – refitted 2018 (approx 10mm remaining)
Keel & Rudder:
- External fin keel, cast to high accuracy, in lead strengthened with antimony.
- The shape of the keel has been developed with the emphasis of lowering the ballast center-of-gravity as much as possible without adding drag or decreasing lift. The lower center of gravity gives higher stability with added speed and power but also makes the boat easier to handle. A lower center of gravity also increases the boats resistance against knock downs hence making the boat safer and adds seaworthiness.
- The keel is through bolted to the hull by cast-in stainless steel bolts.
- The cantilevered semi-elliptical balanced spade rudder is moulded from Fiberglas and filled with PVC-foam. Foam filling under high pressure in special strengthened mould.
- The rudder stock is made of high strength, S-glass - Epoxy construction using "Vacu-Press" manufacturing system. The rudder stock is tapered and dimensioned to the corresponding bending moments in order to minimise weight. The rudder stock passes through self aligning roller bearings and a stuffing box which is strongly bonded to the hull.
Engine & gearbox:
- Yanmar 4JH 125hp 4-cylinder turbo-charged diesel engine
- Engine hours – approx 2,400 as of September 2018
- Yanmar reduction gearbox
- Freshwater cooled engine.
- Single lever engine control.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Bruntons Varifold feathering propeller
- Spare propeller
- The propeller shaft is made of corrosion resistant steel AISI 329 The outboard end is supported with a stainless steel IOR-type shaft strut including rubber bearings. The stuffing box has a hose connection to the stern tube. Zinc anodes and a mechanical propellerstop are installed on the shaft.
- The steering is provided by a light weight "destroyer type" wheel. The wheel is leather covered made of stainless steel, welded and highly polished.
- Baltic Yachts custom made pedestal. The steerer has sprockets and non magnetic chains leading to steering cables. The steering cables are stainless steel wire and the cable sheaves have a score diameter of not less than 20 times the wire diameter. The steering sheaves are mounted on brackets securely bonded to the structure.
- One aluminium alloy tube emergency tiller, storage in cockpit locker.
- 24vDC domestic systems with 220vAC via shore-power, inverter or generator
- 1x 12vDC engine start battery bank - 2015
- 24vDC service battery bank - 2009
- Battery charger
- Lugger generator – fitted new 2009
- Generator – comprehensively overhauled 2018
- Generator hours – approx 1,500 as of September 2018
- Inverter - 2016
- 80A 12v engine-mounted alternator for start battery
- 150A 24v secondary alternator for service battery bank
- Baltic Yachts custom made with automatic safety circuit breakers. Indication diodes, amp.meters, volt meters and tank level meters are provided. A 12 V DC for starting system, 24 V DC for service system.
- Shore power
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
- Water heater provided. Heater capacity is approx. 45 l. Heated by engine cooling water and shore power.
- Water pressure system with outlets in heads and galley. Pump with automatic pressure switch.
- Telephone type shower, water faucet for cold and hot pressurised water.
- Foot-operated fresh- and salt-water pump in galley, foot-operated freshwater pump in heads.
- Reverse osmosis watermaker – unused and will require a service prior to recommissioning
- Two diaphragms type manual bilge pumps with removable handles. Locations, one at main
companionway and one in the aft cockpit.
- One self-priming 24 V DC heavy duty bilge pump with automatic switch.
- All tanks are Baltic custom made in stainless steel with baffles and inspection covers.
- All tanks are pressure tested.
- Tank shut-offs provided. A waterseparator is installed on the fuel line. The fuel tank has a deck fill marked FUEL. The fill fitting is grounded via the tank to a keel bolt.
- The fresh water tanks have deck fill marked WATER.
- Tank meter with selector switch on electrical panel.
- The tanks are securely laminated to the hull and foamed in for rigidity and sound insulation.
- 400 litres + 200 litres fuel capacity
- 800 litres + 400 litres water capacity
- 120 litres blackwater holding tank capacity
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
- GPS chart plotter
- Wind, speed, depth and log
- Gimablled gas stove with burners and oven
- Custom made stainless steel refrigerator and freezer compartments, compressor unit to be belted off the main engine. Cooling plates to be accumulating type.
- 3x heads and showers
- Hot & cold pressurised water supplies with shower in heads
Heating & Ventilation:
- Air conditioning and heating throughout
- Stereo with speakers
Summary of Accommodation:
- The Baltic 58 sleeps 8 persons in 3/4 separate staterooms yet maintains easy access to all areas of the interior. 3 heads compartments.
- Storage space for sails, rigging equipment, pipe for sheets.
Forward Guest Cabins:
- Two guest cabins with privacy.
- Cabins provided with upper and lower berths, hanging locker, drawers and storage space.
- Berths have mattresses and leeboards.
- Moulded GRP basin in special hygienic gelcoat.
- Counter unit and lockers with ample provision for stowage.
- Foot-operated fresh water pump.
- Marine toilet with overboard discharge through seacock.
- Additional close-off valve installed immediately after toilet for added safety and prevented back flow.
- Mirror, toothbrush, towel, soap and paper holder.
- Telephone type shower, water faucet for cold and hot pressurised water, shower sump with sump pump.
- Stowage for cooking utensils.
- Adequate drawers and glass racks for stowage of crockery.
- Corian-covered work top with deep fiddles.
- Deep stainless steel sink units.
- Drying locker for dishes above, garbage container under.
- Water faucet for hot and cold pressure water.
- Dining area to port with dining table and settees.
- Storage space behind settee backrests.
- Bookshelves and lockers Curtains for side windows.
- A bar and entertainment center to stb with lockers and drawers.
- Corian covered work top.
- Navigation area with stowage for charts, books, pencils etc.
- Additional chart stowage under deck.
- Bulkhead space for mounting electronic instruments, radio equipment, etc.
- Master electric panel with safety circuit breakers and navigator's light.
- Navigator's belt.
- One king-size berth.
- One big hanging locker, settee to port, bookshelf, drawers and lockers.
- Vanity table with chair, mirror above table and storage space for cosmetics.
- Separate toilet with shower.
- Berth provided with mattress and leeboards.
- One aft cabin with full privacy.
- Toilet to stb.
- Cabin provided with upper and lower berths, hanging locker and storage space.
- Berths provided with mattresses and leeboard.
- Curtains for side windows.
- Separate entrance from aft cockpit.
- Joinery work is to the highest standard. All joinery is teak faced with solid teak or laminated teak frames and capping. The joinery is varnished throughout. Visible surfaces are varnished and handrubbed to obtain a satin type of surface.
- All doors are provided with retaining hooks and swing stops. Kick plates on steps and chafing pieces on sills are provided.
- Canvas leecloths provided for berths in owner's stateroom and guest cabins.
- Curtains are provided for side windows and portlights
- Hanging lockers are provided with rods and hooks.
- Locker doors are fitted with louvers for ventilation.
- Teak gratings in head.
- Floorboards with laid teak veneer. Access to bilge provided where practical. Dust collector with teak grating in front of main entrance ladder.
- Ceiling lined with removable soft panelling.
- Three-spreader racing/cruising type mast.
- The spar is made from a hollow oval aluminium section and provided with aluminium airfoil spreaders.
- White painted spars
- The halyards are internal and the mast will be provided with appropriate exits, halyard blocks and fittings.
- The mast is equipped with track for full batten mainsail cars.
- Main boom is a tapered aluminium alloy hollow section with appropriate fittings, rollers and cables.
- The slab reef system with reefing lines runs through sheaves in boom end. The port and starboard reefing lines lead aft to center cockpit trim winches via turning blocks.
- One aluminium spinnaker pole, hollow section, with shotgun type outboard end and stud fitting on the inboard end.
- Booms will be white painted.
- 2 spreader masthead rig – black anodised
- Keel-stepped mast
- Standing rigging is rod and the transverse rigging arrangement is discontinuous.
- Navtec hydraulics for backstay, vang, outhaul and mastjack
- Main sheet track and traveller. One boom block Twin blocks on traveller. Two X-haul blocks and two X-haul cheek blocks.
- Four genoa tracks, Baltic Yachts custom or equal. Four genoa cars and two padeye cars.
- Checkstays - 2018
- Self-tailing winch package of 10 winches including primaries, secondaries, mainsheet, halyards, reefs and outhaul, 5 of which are electric
- Mainsail – 2010
- Medium/Heavy No.1 genoa – 2010
- Storm Jib – 2010
- Genneker - 1993
- A pulpit and pushpit of high quality stainless steel tube are mounted on the bow and transom.
- Double life lines are installed passing through stainless steel stanchions with stainless steel wire and set up with turnbuckles at the after end.
- The pulpit is fitted with navigation lights and the pushpit with a stern light.
- Stainless steel handrail for main companionway is provided.
- Tender and outboard - 2015
- Bathing ladder
Covers & Canvas:
- 2x blue canvas sprayhood for both companionways
- Blue canvas bimini on stainless steel frame for aft cockpit
- Mainsail cover
Anchoring & Mooring:
- Electric anchor windlass
- Rocna 45kg primary anchor
- Delta and Fortress secondary anchors
- 100m 10mm Inox chain - 2015
- Fenders and warps
Lying Pisa - Italy
Available to view strictly by appointment
Office Hours Mon- Fri 0900 – 17.00
Saturday by prior appointment
For more information or to arrange a viewing please contact us.
Please Note: Due to the varying locations of our yachts, your travel time and the distances that may be involved, we recommend that you only make arrangements to view if you are actively considering purchase.
Tel: +44 (0)1590 673715 Email: email@example.com
Please contact Alex Grabau at +44(0)1590 673715
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Baltic Yachts
Designer: Sparkman & Stephens
Flag of Registry: Italy
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 17.83 m
Beam: 5.07 m
LWL: 14.50 m
Minimum Draft: 3.20 m
Maximum Draft: 3.20 m
Displacement: 19000 kgs
Ballast: 8100 kgs
Total Power: 125 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 1993
Engine Model: 4JH
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 125 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (1200 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: (600 Liters)
Holding Tanks: (120 Liters)
Number of twin berths: 2
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 3
Number of bathrooms: 3
Wind speed and direction
Shore power inlet
Electrical Circuit: 24V
Grabau International offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.
Other Boats from Grabau International
Viareggio (LU), Italy
San Remo, Italy