1993 Alden 50 CC Virtual Showing Avail
- View Full Specifications
FACETIME SHOWINGS AVAILABLE
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Port Saint Lucie, FL
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 269,000
Halekai is a luxurious, semi-custom sailing yacht, designed by John G. Alden, Inc. and built in Portsmouth, RI to the rigorous standards of American Bureau of Shipping-A1 offshore certification. She's a proven world cruiser, having earned the rare honor of completing a circumnavigation. Alden Yachts is a renowned top of the line yacht builder since 1909, known for rugged construction, superior joinery, high quality equipment and speed. She was customized by her current (and only) owners for self-reliant world cruising and outfitted specifically for their ten year circumnavigation. They refer to her as the “ultimate cruising boat,” based on their extensive blue water experience sailing aboard their two previous boats.
"Halekai" has been meticulously maintained and constantly upgraded to the highest standards. The dark green hull was awl-gripped and the diesel engine was rebuilt during a $50,000 refit in 2011/12. A complete electronic refit was done in 2019. The layout consists of a large chain locker/storage compartment with watertight door, forward guest stateroom with head/shower, main salon, nav station, walk-in workshop, walk-through galley, and aft master stateroom with head/shower.
Due to her partially enclosed center cockpit from which they can set and adjust the roller-furled sails, they "never needed foul weather gear in 120,000 miles of sailing.”
YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS THIS BOAT! She's the perfect world cruiser for a couple or family, and she has the experience and pedigree to prove it. Her stunning lines and graceful curves speak to her performance at sea, and the modifications that her owners have made to her have made her a self-contained "island" where you can be fully self sufficient.
Basically, all the work has been done for you to make this boat the ideal world cruiser. All you have to do is provision and set sail.
- Commissioned, owned, and cruised by Seven Seas Cruising Association Commodores
- Built to circumnavigate with many customizations
- Hydraulic centerboard: 5’5” draft up, 13’ down
- Custom 63” mast height for ICW bridges
- Minimal maintenance required on deck with stainless handrails and aluminum toerails. No teak deck!
- Aft deck crane for lifting and launching inflated dinghy with outboard attached
- All sails are roller furling
- Custom walk-in WELL STOCKED workshop with lathe, drill press, etc.
- Electric Sailrite sewing machine custom fitted into settee locker
- Custom hard dodger and cockpit roof with all-round enclosure panels
- Custom stern radar arch with wind generator
- Monitor windvane
- Washer/dryer combo
- Diving compressor with compressed air running throughout the boat
- Watertight bulkhead door leading to large forward storage locker and chain locker
- Varnished American cherry interior
- Gourmet galley with built-in carbonator (MAKE YOUR OWN CHAMPAGNE)
- Centerline queen in master stateroom
- One Raritan electric and one manual W&C toilet
THESE ARE JUST SOME OF THE AMAZING FEATURES OF "HALEKAI." READ THROUGH THE DESCRIPTIONS AND VIEW THE PHOTOS AND VIDEO FOR MORE.
Melanie Sunshine Neale
Sunshine Cruising Yachts strives to educate and empower both buyers and sellers of fine seagoing sailing and power yachts, combining integrity and passion in order to give our clients a memorable and positive experience.
Please contact Melanie Neale at 305-807-4096
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 50 ft 4 in
Beam: 13 ft 6 in
LWL: 37 ft 1 in
Minimum Draft: 5 ft 4 in
Maximum Draft: 12 ft 0 in
Displacement: 38000 lbs
Ballast: 13000 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 63 ft 0 in
Total Power: 82 HP
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Year Built: 1993
Engine Model: 82B
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 82 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (180 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (200 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 2
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
Wind speed and direction
Electric bilge pump
Manual bilge pump
Fresh water maker
Shore power inlet
Outboard engine brackets
Hull & Deck
- Hull and deck are fiberglass and Baltek end grain balsa cored.
- Vinylester outer layers and phenolphtalic gelcoat guarantee freedom from blisters.
- The external lead keel was a top priority for us
- A deep bilge is uniquely constructed into the lead keel.
- The hydraulic fiberglass centerboard allows a draft of only 5’4” for shallow waters and 12’ with the board down for upwind performance and greatly enhanced stability.
- Re: Centerboard. It is not necessary for stability, as there is lead in the keel and the board is sandwiched between. While it drops with a hydraulic arm, it will raise automatically (manually) should it come into contact with anything. It can be raised manually should the hydraulic system fail. All seals have just been replaced.
- The full skeg provides rudder protection.
- The deck was designed for low maintenance:
- Aluminum toerails
- 316 stainless steel handrails
- Fiberglass dorade boxes
- No teak deck! non-skid surface
- The three-fold SS boarding ladder with teak steps can be mounted on either side with special inserts it also serves as a stern passerelle for Med-mooring.
- Lifelines are 33”, extra high for safety
- The cockpit benches and sole are teak strip planking.
- The varnished teak cockpit combing is the only exterior brightwork.
- The cockpit is sheltered from the elements by a hard dodger with plexiglass windows and a full-length hard roof with two sail observation windows.
- Two 160 W mono crystal solar panels (2018) are mounted on top of the cockpit roof.
- Five 40W mono crystal solar panels (2018) are on the hard dodger roof.
- Fold-up Lexan panels allow for full or partial enclosure even while operating the winches the center cockpit is well protected offshore even when not enclosed
- Owners have never needed foul weather gear in 120,000 miles of sailing, including circumnavigation
- A folding varnished teak cockpit table with hinged side wings is uniquely designed to allow for a longer table which accommodates four people comfortably.
- The gas locker contains two 20 lb propane bottles, draining outboard and built flush into the deck.
- The aft deck lazarette contains an 8 kW diesel generator, a diesel heater and storage area.
Dinghy & Arch
- Dinghy storage and launching system on aft deck
- The dinghy with outboard attached is stored upright in chocks on the aft deck; it is easily launched and retrieved single-handedly by a unique wirelessly controlled electric crane mounted on the port side of the radar arch.
- The boat can be sailed with the stored dinghy inflated.
- The latest model 9’5” Caribe inflatable has a locking forward compartment for the fuel tank and a built-in fuel hose conduit connecting it to the 15 HP Yamaha outboard.
- Compressed air and a 12 V outlet for turbo pump on the aft deck allows quick inflation.
- Custom Stainless Arch with Furuno 1761 open array radar, Silentwind 450 W wind generator, GPS and wifi amplifier antennas
Ports & Ventilation
- All hatches and ports are Bomar cast Alumag.
- Side windows and companionway boards are bulletproof 1/2” Lexan.
- The 12 ports allow cross ventilation and have external Lexan hoods to reduce rain splatter.
- All openings are screened.
- Hatches have Ocean-Air screen and shade system and security bars.
- Nine 12 V ventilation fans are mounted throughout the boat.
- Cutter-rigged all roller furling for single-handed sailing, controlled from the cockpit.
- The 63’ mast height allows for ICW fixed bridge clearance.
- Powder coated Sparcraft furler mast with folding alu steps to the top and two Profurl foresail rollers.
- The sail inventory includes an in-mast mainsail by UK Sails (2012), 130% genoa (2007), both just sent away for reconditioning.
- Staysail, and an asymmetrical cruising spinnaker in ATN sock, both 20 YO but in like-new condition due to light use.
- Six cockpit Barient self-tailing winches.
- Two stainless steel Anderson deck winches. Hoist sails as well.
- The 316 SS dye form rigging has all mechanical terminals
- All new rigging wires, terminals and rigging screws in 2016.
- 82 hp Westerbeke
- 4 cylinder naturally aspirated diesel engine was completely rebuilt 1200 hours ago (cylinder liners, pistons, rings, valves, guides, crankshaft bearings, injection pump, engine mounts, hoses). Approx. 6000 hours before rebuild.
- The engine is easily accessible from three sides.
- Swedish Aquadrive CVA propeller shaft coupling for alignment independence and noise reduction.
- 1 1/2” Aquamet SS shaft
- Dripless shaft seal
- 24” 3 bladed Max prop
- 1:3 Hurth reduction gear
- Dual Racor fuel pre-filters with instant switch-over separate for engine and generator.
- Maxwell 3500 vertical windlass/capstan
- Remote control from the cockpit with fluxgate chain counter
- Also separate control from the foredeck.
- 95 lb Rocna primary on 300 ft 7/16 HT Acco galvanized chain led under deck 7 feet aft where it falls into a self storing locker.
- Double SS bow roller.
- 75 lb CQR anchor (back-up under deck)
- 100 lb 3-part Luke anchor (stored in midship bilge)
- 30 lb Fortress Danforth type ALU ketch anchor
- Two 300 ft anchor lines with chain lead and one 300 ft towing line are stored inside.
- Anchor wash-down outlet is built into the foredeck to plug in hose with spray tip
- Edson cable steering (new cable in 2018) through greased conduits to massive bronze quadrant
- Separate quadrant for Raymarine ACU400 hydraulic autopilot, p70Rs controller, wireless remote 2020
- Monitor 316 SS wind vane
- Two 100 gallon aluminum VDO gauged diesel fuel tanks
- Two 90 gallon 316 SS VDO gauged water tanks
- Six gallon AC/engine water heater (new 2013)
- 25gal/hr Sea Recovery watermaker, located in workshop
- One bronze Skipper II Wilcox-Crittenden/Thetford marine head forward and one Raritan electric marine head aft, both with outboard/waste tank switches.
- 12 gallon holding waste tank
- Fore and aft cabin showers with teak gratings and sump pumps
- Cockpit shower
- Galley and both head faucets are all single handle action, brushed nickel finish with matching built-in soap dispensers.
- Two electric bilge pumps and two manual pumps (Edson gallon/stroke and Henderson from cockpit)
- 8kW Generator (2011 Mase-Yanmar) with 50 amp alternator with about 700 hours, fresh water cooled
- Bass digital electric panel
- 600 amp hrs AGM house battery (2019)
- 100 amp hr AGM starter battery (2020)
- Dual 160 amp and 90 amp engine alternators, external regulation
- 2500 watt Heart inverter/charger (60Hz - 50Hz pigtail) 100 amp
- 40 amp 110/220 V 50-60Hz Victron battery charger (2019). Both chargers can run simultaneously.
- 5 kW isolation transformer with switched 20% voltage booster allows dual 110/220V US/Int use.
- Single inlet 50 amp land connection
- Two 50’ shore cables with various US/Int pigtails
- 110 V GFI outlets throughout the boat
- The boat is green-ground isolated.
- Mast and interior lights are latest LED
- GPSNAV 742 MFD, Garmin type 3 charts, wifi to I-pad remote display
- PC navigation system with built-in screen.
- All electronics are integrated into the computer system and displayed on the screen. Worldwide electronic chart navigation
- Vesper 8000 AIS transponder integrated into nav system, with wifi that brings AIS to IPad display using Navionics Boating program.
- ICOM M-422 VHF with remote mic
- Icom M802 SSB with ground plane glassed into hull
- SCS Pactor III modem (Pinoak)
- NMEA 2000 network
- Latest NMEA2000, USB , Seatalk 1 multiplexer
- NMEA 2000 hypersonic transducer for depth and speed (no wheel to maintain)
- Furuno 1761 open array radar; the screen can also be placed outside under dodger
- Raymarine ST60+ wind, speed, depth, multiline cockpit displays
- Latest amplified wifi antenna system
- Raymarine Lifetag man overboard alarm system
- 2” thick hardwood/plywood counter with a stainless steel striker plate
- 6” x 9” metal lathe
- Drill press Grinder/belt sander
- Large and small vice
- Storage shelves, multiple roller drawers and swing-out shelf unit with storage bins.
- Commonly used hand tools are securely fastened to a pegboard wall.
- Multiple 110V, 220V, 12V outlets
- Compressed air outlet
- Cooling fan
- Large chart table with double-hinged lid
- Lowered keyboard
- Three large roller drawers and book shelf
- Curved backrest on the side for comfortable position when heeling. Main Salon and Two Staterooms
- Semi-gloss varnished cherry interior with high gloss accents
- Solid teak and holly locked floorboards
- Ultrasuede dusky blue upholstery, replaced 2012
- Salon table has two large hinged wings and seats 6-8. A center console has storage lockers and cabinet for glasses.
- Chromed brass wall clock and barometer
- Built-in entertainment center contains an enclosed flatscreen TV, DVD player.
- Stereo bluetooth and SAT radio with CD player
- Interior and waterproof cockpit speakers
- Bookshelves, multiple large louvered lockers for provisions etc. and two chart-sized drawers are located behind settee.
- Inset ceiling and swivel lights are latest LED upgrade.
- Salon has a convertible double bed to port and a pull-out single bunk starboard, with lee sails on both sides.
- Aft stateroom has a queen-size bed accessible from both sides, with night tables and generous storage space including full length hanging lockers on both sides.
- Full length mirror on door.
- The bed has lee sails and can be divided using the removable headboard for offshore use.
- Walk-in shower with seat. Separate Raritan electrical head and Corian counter with integrated sink.
- Forward stateroom has an extendable double bed below and a single bunk above. Ample storage, hanging locker and full length mirror on door. Sink with Corian counter opposite bunks. Separate head with shower is forward.
- Walk-through galley with Corian counters
- Latest model SS Force 10 gimbaled propane stove has a 3-burner cooktop and an oven/ broiler with thermostat.
- Tappan microwave is mounted above the stove.
- Top-loading fridge has 14 cu ft capacity, SS holding plate with a BD35F Danfoss compressor. Remote temp displays.
- Freezer has 8 cu ft capacity with a BD50F Danfoss compressor and wrap-around stainless steel covered evaporators.
- Fridge and freezer are both 12 V/110 V auto switch and have 8”-24” PUR insulation. Fresh water cooled from the port tank, they can be operated while on the hard.
- SodaStream water and wine carbonator connects with a 20lbs alu CO2 tank in the bilge.
- Stainless steel double sink has brushed nickel single-handle extendable faucet and matching soap dispenser.
- Multiple large cupboards and three roller drawers
- Varnished cherry spice rack, cup holder and paper towel rack
- Built-in magnetic knife holder is located inside cupboard.
- Trash bin locker
- Dustbin with teak grating is built into the galley floor.
- Two double outlets for standard 110 V kitchen appliances.
- Remote propane shut off and gas sniffer. Manual bypass in gas locker.
- Air conditioning/heat pump 16000 BTU (220V 60 - 50 Hz).
- 4 Person RFD Life raft with insulated floor.
- Espar D5L diesel heater (2015) located in aft lazarette with outlets thru-out the boat.
- Splendide combo washer/dryer is enclosed in its own locker in the galley.
- Sailmaker electric/manual sewing machine is custom fitted into a settee locker.
- Bauer Junior II diving compressor is built into the focsle; two alu dive bottles with wall attachment.
- Compressed air feed to the workshop and to aft deck hookah outlet, for bottom cleaning and maintenance.
- Large spare part inventory.
Customizations for World Cruising
- Roller furling of all sails
- Changed back from triple head sails to cutter rig.
- Cockpit hard dodger--Changed the soft bimini to a hardtop with articulated, fold-down side panels for complete weather protection
- SS handrails
- Two 140 Watt solar panels on top.
- Foldable mast steps for easy access to mast top
- 100 lb Rocna anchor on bow roller
- 7/16 HT chain, no swivel
- 3500 Maxwell electric vertical windlass page
- Cockpit table with hinged side wings and unique solution, allowing for a table long enough to seat four comfortably.
- Radar arch with electric crane to lift and launch a rigid inflatable dinghy with 15 HP outboard from chocks on the aft deck.
- Access to forepeak via watertight door.
- Modified chain locker, moving chain further aft for better self stowing and saving 700 ft/lb. Stowing 300 ft 7/16 HT chain
- Large walk-in workshop including vice, lathe, drill press, grinder, belt sander; optimized tool storage.
- Electric Bauer Junior diving compressor located in the forepeak, with compressed air to dive bottles as well as throughout the boat; stern outlet for hookah connection for hull cleaning etc. around the boat.
- 3500 Watt Inverter; 110/220 volt isolation transformer system with 20% booster for use worldwide; 50/60 cycle issue resolution.
- Monitor windvane with spectra lines leading to the steering wheel.
- Three-fold SS and teak swim ladder converts to a passerel.
- KISS wind generator with pole that folds down for clearing smaller travel lifts.
- 8 kw diesel generator being installed in the aft locker.
- Simple, highly effective SS fishing reel
- Combo washer/dryer in locker next to the galley
- 25 gal/hr Sea Recovery watermaker located in workshop
- Electronic PC navigation, large screen
- AIS transponder with separate display
- Computer integrated SSB and modem for e-mail and grib weather files
- Electronic 3-day data storing barometer
- SeaTalk GPS and Garmin backup GPS all integrated with the instruments into the computer nav system
- Nav seat side, comfortable to lean against when heeling
- Companionway with step wedges, for ease of stair climbing when the boat heels.
- SodaStream water carbonator, also useful for making champagne from wine! Since CO2 cartridges come in different sizes worldwide and are difficult to import, we installed a CO2 tank in the bilge with hose attachment to the carbonator.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Sunshine Cruising Yachts
Oceanis 44 CC
Out Island 41
Saint Augustine, FL, United States
34 Center cockpit
Saint Augustine, FL, United States
Jacksonville, FL, United States
40 VIRTUAL SHOWINGS AVAIL
Saint Augustine, FL, United States
Saint Augustine, FL, United States