1993 Custom Whitbread 60
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Helsinki, Finland
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- EUR 100,000 Tax Not Paid (US$ 111,250)
Built for the 1993/4 Whitbread race - she is a yacht with a rich history. In her current ownership, she has been based out of Helsinki and used as a successful charter business. She also competed in the Volvo Legends Race in 2018. She has benefited from ongoing refits and preventative maintenance. It is now time for her next chapter.
Please contact Ben Cooper at +44 (0)1590 679222
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Marten Marine, NZ
Designer: John Swarbrick
LOA: 62 ft 2 in
Beam: 16 ft 7 in
LWL: 56 ft 9 in
Minimum Draft: 12 ft 3 in
Displacement: 14630 kgs
Total Power: 63 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 63 HP
Number of single berths: 12
Number of cabins: 1
Number of heads: 1
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Hull, deck and superstructure: Kevlar/epoxy sandwich.
- Hull painted (2007).
- Deck painted (2007).
- New underwater paint (2010, 2016).
Keel & Rudder:
- Keel: lead bulb – bolted.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Engine: Yanmar 63hp diesel (1993). Recently serviced.
- Reduction gearbox.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Speed: max 9 knots; cruising 6-7 knots.
- Fuel consumption per hour at cruising speed: 3.8 litres.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Max Prop 3-bladed propeller.
- Twin wheel steering.
- Residual current circuit breaker.
- Automatic fuses for the outputs (1 in Heads, 1 in Nav).
- Main fuse / thermal switch panel for different users.
- 2 x 2 pcs Varta promotive EFB E9N 12V/225Ah batteries (2016).
- Victron Energy Centaur Battery charger 24V 40A for charging the 24VDC system batteries (2010).
- Victron type YY for charging the engine start battery (2011).
- Additional power charger (alternator) on the main engine 24V/140A.
Motor for Ballast Pump:
- Yanmar 10kw (1993). Serviced 2010.
- 230VAC Shore Power system.
- Water ballast driven by Jabsco pump via generator.
- Watermaker: Offshore Marine Laboratories.
- 2 Whale bilge pumps.
- Approx. 200 litres in 2 stainless steel tanks.
- Approx. 100 litres in 2 composite tanks.
- New electronics Garmin (2016).
- Garmin GPSmap 7410 plotter.
- Garmin GMR 24xHD radar.
- Garmin GMI20 displays x 4 (2+2 at helm positions).
- Garmin GNX120 7” mast displays x 3.
- Garmin VHF300i + GHS20i wireless handset + outside speaker.
- Garmin AIS600 Blackbox Transceiver.
- Garmin Wind Race wind sensor.
- Garmin GST43 log.
- Garmin GND 10 Black Box.
- Airmar IDT depth+temp sensor.
- Airmar H2183 heading sensor.
- 2 gas rings.
- Electrical toilet Jabsco Liteflush 12v.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Webasto heater 5.5 kW (2014).
- Shore power air dryer (2014).
- LED inside lighting.
Summary of Accommodation:
Original layout suitable for charter sailing:
- Separated compact galley and heads.
- 10 bunks + 2 spare.
- Standing height inside the hull saloon area.
- Interior: painted.
- True toilet compartment with door.
- True galley with 2 sinks and 2 stoves.
- Runners (2016).
- Rig: fractional
- Spars: keel stepped aluminium by Southern Spars (1996)
- Standing rigging: S/S rods (new in 2005)
- Carbon fibre spinnaker and jockey poles
- Frederiksen deck gear
- Vang and Backstays mechanical
- Hydraulic system decommissioned for reliability offshore.
- Hydraulic system for top and stay added.
- Serviced running rig (all new 2015-2019).
- Serviced 2010.
- 2, Barient S/T, 28, Traveller, Manual.
- 2, Barient S/T, 37, Runners, Manual.
- 2, Lewmar pedestal, Mainsheet, Manual.
- 2, Lewmar pedestal, Primary, Manual.
- 2, Barient S/T, 32, Halyards, Manual.
- 2, Ital S/T, 58, Halyards, Manual.
Modernized sail set-up (New 2017-2018):
- Furler-based MH0, A2 and A3.
- New bowsprit.
- J1-3 with hooks (2018 hooks).
- Staysail with furler (2018).
- Main, UK, 2012.
- J1, UK, 2012.
- J2, NS, 2018.
- J4, WB, 2013.
- Stays, NS, 2018 with furler.
- A2, WB, 2016.
- A3, NS, 2018.
- Storm (original).
- Storm jib (original).
- Unused second hand custom fitted sails.
- Old sails.
- S/S pulpit, pushpits and stanchions.
- Storage cradle.
- New bowsprit (1,5m) 2017. Design and manufactured: John Swarbrick, Australia (original naval architect)
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- 2 CQR anchors.
- 6m chain; 100m warp.
- RORC flare pack.
- 2 lifebuoys.
- 2 x liferafts.
- 3 fire extinguishers.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Berthon
Volvo Open 70
Ipswich, Suffolk, United Kingdom
Hamble, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Whitbread Maxi 81
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Dubois 24m Ketch
Panmure, New Zealand