1993 Catalina 3 Cabin Sloop
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Eliot, ME
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 75,500
This is a very clean 42' Catalina 3 cabin sloop. Her owner is offering her for sale as he is retiring from sailing permanently. He purchased her in 2007 and has had a Captain run the vessel for him, helping to maintain her in tip top shaft. Here is an excellent opportunity to purchase a clean, well maintained 42' Catalina.
Annie Gray is a longstanding YBAA member, offering 43 years of experience in assisting clients in the purchase or sale of high quality yachts of distinction.
Please call Annie at 207-363-7997 or on her cell at 603-498-3450
Please contact Annie Gray at 207-363-7997
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Catalina Yachts
Designer: Frank Butler
LOA: 41 ft 10 in
Beam: 13 ft 10 in
LWL: 36 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 10 in
Displacement: 20500 lbs
Ballast: 8300 lbs
Total Power: 50 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 4JHBE2
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 50 HP
HULL & DECK:
- Solid fiberglass hull, white topsides, blue bottom.
- External lead ballast keel.
- Two Lewmar portlights in hull.
- Double lifelines and S/S stanchions, and double gates.
- S/S bow and stern rail.
- Lewmar opening ports with screens.
- Transom boarding platform with S/S swim ladder/boarding ladder.
- Nine Lewmar deck hatches.
- Foredeck anchor
- S/S bow roller.
- Pedestal wheel steering with brake.
- Large self-bailing cockpit.
- Hull rigidity is provided by a fiberglass pan bonded to the hull at the sheer; the pan also incorporates the cabin sole and berth foundations.
- Hull to deck joint is an external flange bonded with fiberglass-reinforced polyester, then through-bolted on 8" center with 1/4 S/S fasteners. The seam is covered by an aluminum rubrail attached on 3" centers that is covered by a vinyl insert.
- Starboard cockpit propane locker with one 10 lb aluminum LPG tank.
- 24" wide side decks.
Fuel: 38 gallons in steel tank.
Water: 127 gallons in 2 plastic tanks.
Holding: 36 gallons in 2 poly tanks.
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
- Yanmar 4JHBE2 diesel, 50 hp, 4 cylinder diesel, FWC, with 2003 hours as shown on hour meter.
- Flexafold 3 bladed Max prop.
- 1 1/4" S/S shaft.
- Excellent engine access behind companionway stairs.
- Espar diesel heating system.
- Cruising speed: 6.5 knots; Maximum speed: 7 knots.
- Forward, in the owner's cabin is the ensuite head compartment with separate shower.
- The owner's cabin features a large Pullman berth to port with drawers beneath and hanging locker and drawer storage to starboard.
- Next aft is a very accommodating main salon, with L-shaped settee/dinette to port, followed by the chart table/freezer locker.
- Opposite is the starboard galley, followed by the second head/shower compartment.
- Aft to port and starboard and separated by the companionway and engine compartment are two mirror-image cabins, each with a large double berth, drawer and hanging locker storage.
- A well designed layout with generous storage throughout, great ventilation and comfortable accommodations.
- The interior is done in teak veneers and solids, white ash batten hull ceiling, and teak/holly cabin sole.
- Bristol shades are on all of the portlights.
- Seaward Princess 3 burner stove with oven.
- Princess microwave.
- Adler Barbour 12V Refrigerator/freezer.
- Double S/S sink.
- Magma S/S gas grill.
- Dishes and galley gear.
- 12V/110V systems.
- Voltmeter, ammeter.
- 2013 Seaward water heater (off engine only; not off 110V).
- 2013 three commercial 4D batteries (700 amp hour total).
- 12V outlet at panel.
- Eight AC outlets inside.
- Smart Panel link for inverter.
- Shore power cord.
- High water bilge alarm.
- Cabin lights.
- Navigation lights; spreader lights.
- New True Charge battery charger.
- Heart Interface 2000w Inverter.
- 12V macerator pumps to discharge both holding tanks.
- Red courtesy lights in cabin.
- Raytheon wind, depth, speed, GPS, Lat/Long.
- Furuno GPS with nav station repeater.
- Simrad 6000 hydraulic Autopilot.
- 2014 Icom Ram Mic.
- Icom M422 VHF.
- Garmin 540 chartplotter.
- Autohelm radar.
- Raytheon VHF.
- Panasonic 5 disc DVD & CD player.
- Magnavox HD TV.
SAILS & RIGGING:
- 797 sq. ft. area.
- 2016 Mainsail with full battens (nearly new).
- 2017 130% genoa (never used).
- North/ Anson assymetrical gennaker.
- Sock for gennaker.
- Aluminum mast and boom.
- Schaefer Roller furling for genoa.
- 50 lb Danforth with 10' chain and nylon rode.
- Bow roller.
- Maxwell windlass - up only.
- 2 sets of docklines.
- 12V macerator pump.
- Life jackets.
- Flare kit.
- 8' dinghy & outboard (available at additional cost).
- EXCLUSIONS: RUGS.
COMMENTS: This is a very clean 42' Catalina 3 cabin sloop. Her owner is offering her for sale as he is retiring from sailing permanently. He purchased her in 2007 and has had a Captain run the vessel for him, helping to maintain her in tip top shaft. Here is an excellent opportunity to purchase a clean, well maintained 42' Catalina.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.
Other Boats from Gray & Gray Yacht Brokers, Inc.
36 Tall Rig sloop
Eliot, ME, United States