1992 Dufour 56 CC
- View Full Specifications
A Rare Offering
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Located In:
- Annapolis, MD
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 189,000
- Not for sale to US residents while in US waters
OVERSEAS OWNERS WANT HER SOLD NOW!!!!
MAJOR PRICE REDUCTION-THIS IS A LOT OF BOAT FOR THE MONEY.
THIS PROVEN ALL OCEAN VOYAGER IS TURN KEY READY. SHE SHOWS EXTREMELY WELL, AND OFFERS A VERY COMFORTABLE PLATFORM TO VOYAGE SAFELY AND QUICKLY.
THIS IS NOT YOUR TYPICAL DUFOUR IN ANY WHICH WAY OR FORM. SHE WAS PERSONALLY BUILT FOR THE FOUNDER OF DUFOUR.
Her build and attention to construction, design and detail equal a Hallberg-Rassy, Nautor Swan. She is over-built from bottom up. A turn-key go anywhere world ocean voyager. She will definitely not disappoint. This Listing Broker was pleasantly surprised upon his inspection. Sellers wish to move onto their next adventure. If you're thinking about sailing away on a big powerful ocean voyager that needs nothing except a new crew, here is your chance.
The Dufour 56 Center Cockpit is an incredible very fast sailing boat. At 56 feet and 35,500 lbs displacement and the sail area to drive her at hull speed, she is an exhillerating ride. She is custom rigged with an inner forestay with a roller furling headsail in addition to the furling genoa she is ready for ocean sailing. With three magnificent staterooms and loads of space she can carry all you need to take you anywhere you want to go. Dufour Yachts was founded by Michel Dufour who was an engineer and sailing enthusiast. It is of course French and he built his factory in La Rochelle France. In La Rochelle which is nestled in the Southwest of France on the Bay of Biscay, it often blows 35 knots on any given afternoon. It is not unusual to see small boats running out of the harbor for a windy sail. The Dufour 56 is the flagship of Dufour Yachts. Michel Dufour has always believed that sailing should continue to embody a pioneering and adventurous spirit. He is determined to take sailing pleasure to new heights by embracing new technology. After 50 years, the company continues to move with the times embracing of new technologies and innovative materials, He was also a sailor who appreciated performance.
The Dufour 56 is designed as an extremely well balanced hull shape with a powerful aft section for lift and minimal wetted surface for drive. With 54.5 feet of waterline length she is virtually all waterline. She is designed for performance on all points of sail with speed and manoeuvrability whether you want to go race around the buoys or traverse the oceans of the world. The Dufour 56 has performed amazing well in ocean racing and she is a cruisers joy because she really sails. The Dufour 56 Center Cockpit is a modern performance cruiser first designed in the mid nineties.
Our current offering, Liopin was built in 1993 for her current owners. She is one of the first boats in the Grande Large series. She is modern, sleek and very sexy. The hull and rig are designed for fast cruising, ease of handling in secure comfort. The life raft is stowed on the stern, which is a good spot for an offshore sailor. There is equal attention to the amenities that so many modern cruisers and families have come to need and expect including a large cockpit and swim step transom. All this comfort and she leisurely makes 200 mile days with a 250 mile day within reach.
The interior is equally pleasing with its Mahogany paneling highlighted by natural light from all the large hatches and opening ports. The Dufour 56 can accommodate six adults in three beautiful staterooms each with its own head. The beautiful main salon provide comfortable dining for six to eight people. With the starboard side settee sofa there is plenty of lounging space. The spacious walkthrough galley to port is workable for a crowd. The master stateroom up forward has a beautiful spacious king sized V berth with an ensuite head and a separate shower. The two double aft cabins and aft head provide wonderful accommodations for family cruising.
Liopin has been upgraded for ocean passagemaking! She has incredible owners who have sailed her far and maintained her in perfect order and it all shows. In 1999 Liopin enjoyed a total refit complease with a new 100 hp Volvo diesel and and new Westerbeke 6kw generator and new Elstom sails. In 2014 she was treated to all new rigging, a new cabin sole and new electronics plus a flat screen TV. This is what it really takes to maintain a boat! She was recently inspected by the listing broker who was quite overwhelmed by her condition and upgradeds for real ocean sailing. She is the kind of boat you want to buy. For six months each year she was stored on the hard meticulously “put to bed” properly and each year she was fully commissioned and gone over with a fine toothed comb. Indeed, this is the kind of boat you want to buy. She is totally equipped and ready to go as she has had the benefit of significant investment by her knowledgeable owners who equipped her for very comfortable cruising.
- Repowered in 1999 with Volvo diesel 100 hp
- New Elstrom Sails 1999
- New standing rigging 2014
- All new running rigging 2014
- Keel and rudder inspected each year
- King Cobra rack and pinion steering
- Three private sleeping cabins!
- Three heads, one with stall shower
- Full batten mainsail 2014 with reefing system in the cockpit
- Stackpac lazy bag
- Three spinnakers
- Roller furling genoa Elstrom Sails
- All control lines led to the cockpit with line stoppers
- Full dodger, bimini and connector 2011
- Bow thruster
- Washing machine
- Water Maker
- Three refrigerators
- Ice maker
- New electronics – Furuno radar and plotter
- New dinghy 2018 stows under the boom
- Flat screen TV DVD
- Stereo with Radio and CD player
- Interior and Cockpit speaker system
- Ice maker
- Bow thruster
- Aft deck shower
- Swim step boarding ladder
- Air conditioning
These are the kind of owners you want to buy a boat from. They are very accomplished sailors and lifelong boat owners. They report that they have truly enjoyed cruising Liopin six months of each year and caring for her as their home and their ship throughout. They love how the boat sails so well in light air and the fact that she is so responsive and easily sailed by just a couple. Of course they have rigged the boat to make her safe and even easier to sail as well as for comfort and safety.
This Dufour 56 Liopin is a proven vessel that had been upgraded for cruising and passagemaking; If you are looking for a really great sailing cruising boat you should surely give Liopin your consideration. You will be impressed when you see her! She is priced to sell so don't wait. Call now!
David Walters Yachts, RogueWave Division located in Annapolis MD is your choice for bluewater boats! Buying or Selling... Reach Bernie Jakits at 443-742-1792 or email@example.com
Reach Bernie Jakits and the RogueWave Division at 443-742-1792 or firstname.lastname@example.org
RogueWave Yacht Sales has merged with David Walters Yachts! The RogueWave Division in Annapolis MD remains Your Choice for Blue Water Boats. Annapolis MD is the best place in the world to buy or sell a boat! We take great pride in helping our clients get into the right boat! Call us to discuss your sailing vision! We are always interested in marketing your high quality blue water capable boat!
Email Bernie@davidwaltersyachts.com or call anytime, 443-742-1792.
Please contact Bernie Jakits at 1-443-742-1792
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Dufour Yachts
Designer: P. Harle/A. Mortain
Flag of Registry: France
LOA: 56 ft 0 in
Beam: 15 ft 10 in
LWL: 54 ft 9 in
Maximum Draft: 8 ft 0 in
Displacement: 3500 lbs Dry Load
Headroom: 6 ft 6 in
Number of heads: 2
The Dufour 56 Center Cockpit has accommodations for six adults with three private sleeping cabins, two very comfortable double cabins aft along with two heads and a beautiful spacious owners stateroom forward. With a spacious salon and really great galley and a beatiful nav station and ships office, you can’t ask for more. This commodious layout makes her a sought after vessel for a family or cruisers who love to entertain. This is a modern vessel that is distinctly European in its design and ambiance. It is clean and light and bright and modern and yet the Mahogany paneling is nicely nautical. The Master cabin forward is pleasing with the spacious V-berth and access to the forward head. The aft cabins port and starboard are quite large due to the generous beam carried well aft. The three private cabins make this a very commodious vessel. The main salon is spacious and comfortable with good ventilation from the opening deck hatches and opening ports with screens. The main salon dining arrangement can please a party, if the chef can handle it. The u-shaped dinette to starboard has a large table which has been adapted with drop down leaves to make the space more open. Still you can seat eight if you want to. The galley is actually a kitchen arranged on the port side adjacent the dining area. It is a real French galley, so it is not that difficult to please the crew. The boat is elegant and sophisticated European with very comfortable accommodations for six, gorgeous entertaining cockpit, swim platform, cockpit shower and if you have a vision that includes friends, you will not disappoint yourself or your friends.
This vessel offers a beautiful walkthrough ships galley laid out on the port side with awesome counter space and all amenities.
- Refrigeration – three refrigerators
- Gimbaled propane three-burner stove and oven
- Double stainless steel sinks
- Mixing faucet with hot and cold pressure water
- Manual foot pump for fresh water
- Manual sea water foot pump
- Filtered water system for drinking
- Good cutlery drawer
- Trash bin
- Corian Counters
- Water maker
- 140 gallons in aluminum tank under starboard aft berth (200 liters)
- Additional 140 gallon in two plastic water tanks under forward berth.
- All tanks have inspection ports
- Deck fills for three water tanks
- Tank gauge
- Three heads, aft head with separate stall shower
- Marine toilets
- Holding tanks for each toilet 14 gallons each – stainless steel
- Deck pump out inshore
- Gravity discharge offshore
- The aft head separate shower stall doubles as a great wet locker
- Transom shower
- All three heads have vanity and sinks
- Don’t forget the washing machine!
- Port stern locker is proper and vented
- Two 10lbs tanks with solenoid and pressure gauge
Navigation and Communication
The owner reports a favorite thing is nestling into the helm seat with great visibility and the very responsive rack and pinion steering system and the rock solid autopilot steering. Sounds good to me!
- Large forward facing sit down nav station with chart table
- Furuno radar mast mounted
- Chart plotter at the helm
- VHF Radio with AIS and Command Mic at the helm
- Sailling instruments Wind Speed and Depth
- Autopilot with linear drive below decks with a spare ram
All the systems on the boat have been well maintained and upgraded for a cruising six months each year.
- Volvo 100 hp diesel (new 1999)
- Cruises 7 kts at 2500 rpms
- Straight shaft with strut with Autostream folding prop which greatly improves maneuverability and backing as well as boat speed under sail and power
- 140 gallons (200 liters) of diesel fuel under quarter berth on port with tank gauge (not too reliable), and fuel tank clean out, inspection port
- There is a mirror image tank on the starboard side that is used for water, but it could easily be converted to diesel for double the range
- Consumption is 4 liters per hour at 2500 rpms (about 1 gallon per hour)
- King Cobra rack and pinion steering system
- Engine room blower
- Electric fuel pump
- Racor primary fuel filter
- Westerbeke generator new in 2014
- Bow Thruster
- Air conditioning systems
- Water maker
- Washing machine
The main engine charges with a large alternator with additional charging via Solar which is especially nice for leaving the boat stored on the hard. For shore power charging there is a European 240volt shore power connection. It is quite easy to add a step down convertor for US 110 shore power connection.
- 12 V electrical system
- Ample battery storage
- Battery monitoring system
- DC Breaker Panel
- Deck level nav lights
- Mast wiring junction box
- Mast head Tricolor
- Steaming light
- Stern light
- Anchor light
- Cabin lights
- 12v refrigeration Isotherm
- Two electric bilge pumps
- Swim platform transom shower
- Shower sump pump
- Anchor wash down pump
- 100 watt solar panel mounted on the stern rail
Shore Power Electrical System:
- 240 volt shore power charging system
Rig and Sails
The standing rigging was all replaced in 2014. With all control lines led aft to the cockpit this vessel is safe and easily managed by a couple. There are six winches and 19 spinlock line clutches to manage all the lines in the cockpit. The sails are in excellent condition and rigged by ocean sailors to sail safely in every condition.
- Sloop rig with inner forestay and running backstays added to support the staysail for offshore storm conditions
- Deck stepped Isospar anodized aluminum mast with double spreaders
- New wire rigging new in 2014
- Full batten mainsail with mid boom sheeting to Lewmar traveler
- Traveler control lines in the cockpit
- Seldon Rodkicker rigid vang
- Gybe preventer with four part tackle port and starboard
- Jib car track with Lewmar blocks
- Harken and Seldon blocks also
- Forespar downwind pole on the mast track with fore and aft guys
- Internal halyards
- Line stoppers
- Most control lines led aft to cockpit
- Totally designed for ocean sailing by a couple. On passages the boat goes best upwind with a full battened mainsail and genoa
- All new Elstrom Sails in 1999.
- Full batten main sail with stack pac lazy bag
- Furling genoa
- Storm jib
- Asymetric spinnaker
- True downwind spinnaker
- Reefing system is all in the cockpit with line stoppers and winches to make it easy for one person to reef never leaving the cockpit.
- One electric winch supports many tasks
- Six self tailing winches and line stoppers
- Primary sheet winches Lewmar 54s on the coaming
- Two additional Lewmar 44 at the companionway for the mainsheet and reefing system
- Spinlock Line stoppers
- All control lines led to cockpit with line stoppers so that everything is managed without leaving the cockpit
Hull and Deck:
This great sailing family cruiser is fast and easy to sail. She is equipped with all the deck hardware and ground tackle needed for safe cruising. Her owners report that she is solid and well built. They are impressed with her performance in heavy weather.
- Modern fast hull shape
- Bulb keel with lead ballast with 30mm stainless steel keel bolts
- Balanced spade rudder with G3 rudder bearings
- Hull is solid fiberglass below the waterline and cored with Divinecell core above the waterline
- Thru hulls and sea cocks
- Deck core is Divinecell with reinforced load areas
- Hull to deck flange is capped with an aluminum toe rail
- Deck hardware has backing plates
- Factory nonskid in good condition
- Lewmar Ocean hatches – large Lewmar 60 hatch forward and two more Lewmar 60 large hatches in the salon, six Lewmar 30 hatches
- Rutgerson portlight windows in the cabin house sides with plexiglass replaced in 2012
- Bow pulpit
- Double life lines
- Stern rail with walkthrough transom and swim platform
- Companionway hatch slides boards with 10mm tempered glass that slides easily with compressed gas stainless steel shock tubes.
- Great seating for six plus
- Wheel steering is King Cobra rack and pinion steering system
- Instrument display over companionway
- Teak cockpit sole
- Mahogany cockpit table
- Cockpit speakers
- Aft lazarette is large and provides access to the steering quadrant
- Aft deck with shower
- Swim ladder/Boarding ladder
- Passarelle gang way
- Manual bilge pumps in the cockpit)
- Dodger and Bimini
- Stack pac lazy bag
- Double bow rollers
- LoFrans 1000 watt electric windlass with remote up and down controls
- Primary Anchor
- Secondary Anchor
Additional and Safety Gear
- Dinghy davits
- Outboard mounts on stern rail with outboard lifting crane
- Fenders – seven plus to large round fender balls
- Dock lines – six plus two extra long lines
- Flares current
- Fire extinguishers - three placed appropriately
- Horn- new air horn plus a manual horn you can blow
- Propane detector
- Emergency tiller in the port cockpit locker
- Life sling mounted on the stern rail
- Life Raft,
- Walkthrough transom for egress
- Manual bilge pump in cockpit
- Marpole placard
- Trash placard
- Jack lines
- Lee cloths
Liopin has been meticulously maintained and upgraded to be a wonderful cruiser. Equipment is current and ready to go. You could actually buy the boat and sail away this Fall! You can't say that about many boats.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.