1992 Island Packet 35
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Stratford, CT
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 79,000
The TENACIOUS is an excellent example of the popular ISLAND PACKET 35 model that produced from 1988 through 1993 with a total of 178 being built. This 1992 model is the beneficiary of a recent refit & upgrades to her standing & running rigging, the addition of a LEISURE-FURL Boom System, LED lighting, electronics, a SLEIPNER Bow Thruster, an electric anchor windless "and more".
The TENACIOUS clearly has been well-maintained & is equipped to both sail with ease. She was just hauled in June and fresh bottom paint & zincs were applied. At the present offered price, she offers an outstanding value for the cruising sailors and is ready to go for the balance of the 2018 Season!. Given her condition & equipage & overall maintenance, an appointment for a viewing for this particular ISLAND PACKET 35 is highly encouraged!
For more information regarding the TENACIOUS, please contact Randy Altemus at BREWER YACHT SALES via cell 203-512-0847 or email "raltemus(at)breweryacht.com". .
Please contact Randy Altemus at 203-512-0847
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Island Packet Yachts
Designer: Bob Johnson
Hull Shape: Displacement
LOA: 38 ft 0 in
Beam: 12 ft 0 in
LWL: 30 ft 0 in
Length on Deck: 35 ft 4 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 6 in
Displacement: 17500 lbs
Ballast: 8000 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 48 ft 0 in
Headroom: 6 ft 4 in
Total Power: 35 HP
Engine Brand: YANMAR
Year Built: 1992
Engine Model: 3HM35F (3) Cylinder FWC
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1150
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 35 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 Aluminum (90 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 Aluminum (48 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 Aluminum (18 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 1
Number of twin berths: 1
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
Electrical Circuit: 12V
Hull & Deck
The ISLAND PACKET 35 is built with a Two-Tone deck, a low-glare Ivory White w/ Tan molded slip resistant surface ("premium coarse diamond pattern"). The hull topsides are of an Ivory White w/ Gold Cove & molded Boot Stripe. There is a combination teak rub / cap rail w/ stainless steel striker plate.
- Bottom paint. MICRON CSC Green (note: new, June 2018)
- Teak completely stripped and coated (2013)
- Wheel steering, EDSON rack & pinion w/ molded seat, teak cover, stainless steel wheel, brake
- Compass, RITCHIE SP-5, custom Nav Grid, pedestal mount w/ guard, engine controls
- Welded stainless steel double bow rail & stern rail, stanchions, stern rail with stainless steel. flag staff holder & stainless steel staff
- Double lifelines w/ side gates (note: new life-lines, 2011)
- Full-length teak cabin top hand rails
- Stern gate w/ quick release hook for the gate
- Swim ladder (stainless steel, transom mount) w/ teak steps
- (2) Stainless steel anchor rollers w/chocks & hinged deck pipes to Forepeak
- (4) 12” Mooring cleats, (2) IO” spring line cleats, chocks & stainless steel chafe guards
The ISLAND PACKET 35 has teak interior joinery that is finished with a satin finish throughout. There is a varnished teah & Holly sole for the Main Salon and the Forward & Aft Cabins.
The interior is well thought out and ventilates extremely well with (11) opening stainless steel ports and (5) opening overhead hatches. There is ample Storage both behind and underneath the Settee.
The large Forward Cabin has privacy doors to both the Main Salon & Head compartment. The large double V-Berth area has full-length teak shelves, large storage lockers under and a generous Cedar-lined hanging locker with shelf over. There are (2) Opening ports, an Overhead Hatch, a Deck Vent and varnished teak & holly sole.
Next aft is the Head that has a Shower with teak seat, curtain on a track and a large vanity with a stainless steel sink. There is Hot & Cold Pressure water, mirror, FORMICA counter with teak trim, storage cabinets, (1) opening port and an overhead hatch.
Continuing aft is the Main Salon with pull-out double settee berth to port, and a single settee berth to starboard. There are teak cabinets and bookshelves outboard of both settees and large storage areas behind and under each settee as well. There is also a Cedar-lined hanging locker with shelf over in this area. The ISLAND PACKET's signature Deluxe Drop-Leaf Table folds against the Bulkhead rack that has bottle storage. This provides for an unobstructed 4' wide varnished teak and holly sole. There is a large overhead hatch, numerous opening ports and deck vents that all combine to allow for great ventilation. There are also overhead handrails in the Main Salon. Under the Settee, there is also Chart Storage area.
The Nav Station is next aft with a large table with tray storage under, nav light, a generous nav and electronics cabinet with the master A/C and D/C electrical panels. There is also room for a variety of owner installed equipment.
Continuing aft to starboard is the Galley. To port is the Aft Cabin with a privacy door to the Main Salon. There is a large double berth with full-length teak shelf outboard, storage lockers under and a dressing seat. A generous Cedar-lined hanging locker with shelf over, bureau with shelf over, (2) opening ports and an overhead hatch. The Aft Cabin also has a teak & holly sole.
- Propane stove w/ oven, PRINCESS (3) burner, gimbaled
- Propane tanks, (2) 10#, aluminum w/ Remote Electric Valve Shut-Off switch mounted at the Galley
- Safety rail for stove / oven, stainless steel w/ harness
- Teak cutting board insert for stove / oven
- Refrigeration, ADLER-BARBOUR ColdMachine, 12VDC
- Double stainless steel sinks
- Pressure hot & cold water system
- Manual pump for fresh water service
- Galleyware, cooking utensils and supplies
- SEALAND VacuFlush Marne Head
- Holding Tank (replaced, 2006)
- Hot & cold pressure water service
- Shower w/ sump pump
Sails & Rigging & Deck Gear
TENACIOUS is cutter-rigged with HARKEN Roller-Furling for both the Genoa and Staysail. There is an aluminum boom for the self-tending Staysail. She also a LEISURE-FURL Mainsail Roller-Furling Boom System (new, 2013). All lines, including reefing lines, are led aft to the cockpit.
The mast & boom are ISOMAT anodized aluminum. The mast is keel-stepped.
Rig Dimensions: I=44'4", J=17'0", P=37'6" & E=14'0"
- All new standing and running rigging (2013)
- LEISURE-FURL Boom System (new, 2013)
- Genoa gear, including tracks, blocks, sheets & furling system
- Staysail gear including traveler, blocks, sheet, LEWMAR Ocean Series 8C winch, & furling system
- Jib halyard winch on mast, LEWMAR Ocean Series 24C 2-speed
- Main halyard & main sheet led to cockpit through stoppers to LEWMAR Ocean Series IGCST winch
- Single line “Auto Reefing” system for double set of reef points led to cockpit through stoppers to LEWMAR Ocean Series IGCST winch
- All halyards internal; color coded running rigging
- Boom Vang / Preventer package
- Jib sheet winches (2) LEWMAR Ocean Series 44CST (2) Speed
- Mid-boom sheeting for unobstructed Cockpit & Dodger installations
- Mainsheet Traveler w/ 4:1 control system
- Twin Backstays for easy stern boarding & unobstructed helm seating
- Topping Lift, adjustable
- Mainsail, NEIL PRYDE w/ full-battens (2013) for LEISURE-FURL Boom System
- Genoa, 130% w/ HARKEN roller-furling & SUNBRELLA UV Tabling Cover
- Staysail w/ HARKEN roller-furling & SUNBRELLA UV Tabling Cover
- Note: the Genoa and Staysail are in very good condition (reconditioned and repaired as necessary, 2011)
The electrical system for the ISP 35 is configured as follows: Deluxe electric panels w/ four way battery switch, circuit breakers for VDC & the VAC Systems, VAC & VDC gauges, battery test system, reverse polarity protection, indicator lights, engine hour meter, electric pump controls, LPG control, battery charger control 115 VAC 30 AH dockside power system w/ Polarity and GFI Protection, a 50’ Shore Power cord, numerous interior outlets & a Galvanic Isolator.
- Ship's Service, 12VDC.
- Shore Power, 115VAC w/ (2) dockside cords
- (3) AGM Batteries - Size "D" & Group 27's (2018)
- Battery Monitor (2013)
- XANTREX Inverter/ Charger (2013)
- High-Output Engine Alternator (2010)
- Mast lights replaced with LOPO LED units; Anchor, Steaming & Deck combo (2013)
Note: mast wiring & lights (now LED's) replaced, 2013
- Navigation lights
- Masthead light
- Foredeck light
- ICOM M604 dsc VHF w/ RAM
- Note: VHF mast cable & antenna (replaced, 2013)
- B&G Network Speed /Log, Depth & Wind (AWI / WS)
- Note: Instruments mounted in pods at the Helm Station
- RAYMARINE C-80 Chart Plotter / Radar at Helm Station (note: installed in Cockpit, port side of Helm Station)
- Note: Radar Dome mounted on stainless steel pole aft on Transom, starboard side
- STANDARD Horizon Chart Plotter at Nav Station
- B&G Network Internal Drive (note: control panel mounted in Console at Helm Station)
- SONY AM / FM / CD Stereo
Fresh Water System
- Hot & Cold Pressure Water System w/ service to Galley, Head & Cockpit Shower
- Hot water tank, (6) US Gallons (new, 2013)
- (2) Bilge pumps: (1) Cockpit-mounted manual, (1) Electric / automatic
- (1) Sump pump; (1) Head Shower
- (1) Pressure water system
Engine & Drive-Train
The TENACIOUS has the standard YANMAR 3HM35F (3) Cylinder FWC (fresh-water cooled) marine diesel rated at 35 HP.
This Spring, the high-pressure fuel pump was rebuilt along with the injectors and the exhaust manifold & elbow were replaced.
- RACOR fuel filter
- PROWELL feathering propeller, (3) blade, bronze
Additional Features & Equipment
- Bow Thruster, SLEIPNER SidePower (new, 2000)
Electric / Manual Windlass
CQR Anchor w/ chain & nylon rode
DANFORTH Anchor w/ chain & nylon rode
Canvas (SUNBRELLA Tan / Beige)
- Dodger w/ stainless steel frame
- Bimini w/ stainless steel frame
- UV Covers for Genoa & Staysail
- 9' MERCURY RIB Inflatable (2012)
- Outboard motor, LEHR 2.5 HP (4) Cycle
- Davits, stainless steel w/ block & tackle
Cockpit Table, folding teak
- Companionway screens
- Cockpit Cushions
- Helmsman's Seat Cushion
- USCG Gear
- Dock Lines & Fenders
- ABANDON SHIP Bag
- Spare parts for engine & systems and tools
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.