1991 Morgan 45 Center Cockpit Sloop
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Kemah, TX
- Hull Material:
- Last Listed Price:
- US$ 124,000
This is the ninth Catalina Morgan 45 Center Cockpit built. Well-cared for by knowledgeable owners with many recent up-grades. This is a great live-aboard or a boat to cruise the world.
Many Features & Updates!
Extensive List of Electronics Including Multi-Function Chartplotter, Radar, Autopilot, SSB Radio & MUCH MORE!!
Safety Equipment Including New Winslow 6-Person Ocean Rated Life Raft (2016), ACR EPIRB (2016), Sea Anchor (2017), Lifesling MOB Device (2016), Nylon 4700# Jackline System w/Harnesses & Tethers, ACR Rapid-Ditch Express Bag & More
Custom Arch w/Dinghy Davits
Spectra Watermaker (2016)
And MUCH, MUCH MORE!!
Built by Catalina Yachts, this Nelson Marek designed, offshore-rated 1991 model Morgan 45 Center Cockpit sloop is very well-equipped with all the modern amenities. Blue Dog is the ideal couples cruising yacht. In fact, her current owners just completed their “dream cruise” on her in June. They did many refit projects in 2016 in addition to the updates the previous owners completed.
Please have a look at Blue Dog's specifications, pictures and generous equipment list, then call or email us to make an appointment with the Listing Broker to view this outstanding yacht.
Don't wait if you are in the market for a turn-key, high quality and well-designed cruising yacht!
Little Yacht Sales is the Brokerage Leader on the Texas Coast for later model cruising boats, both Power and Sail. With over 50 boats in two locations, it’s like a boat show every day!
Contact the Listing Broker:
Over 33 Years Exclusively in Professional Yacht Sales
Direct Line or Text: 713-817-7216
SKYPE KentLittleYachtBroker (text first)
Florida Licensed for over 23 years #1815
1st Certified Professional Yacht Broker (CPYB) in Texas
If you have a quality boat and would like Expert Representation by someone who understands Constant Changing Market Conditions and what it takes to sell your boat as well as someone with a vast knowledge of Yachts in both Power and Sail, Please call or email me for a FREE CONSULTATION to discuss what I can do for you.
Regardless of your boats location, I promise to give you the same expert representation that you see here.
Brokerage commissions are all the same price. It costs you no more to use someone with my experience.
References available on request.
Please contact Kent Little at (713) 817-7216
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 45 ft 0 in
Beam: 13 ft 6 in
LWL: 37 ft 10 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 7 in
Displacement: 26460 lbs Dry Load
Ballast: 8200 lbs
Total Power: 50 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Year Built: 1991
Engine Model: 4JH2E FWC
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 4270
Engine Power: 50 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (128 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (114 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (26 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
Since purchasing boat in June of 2015, the owners have completed the following refit projects at a cost of approximately $41,000:
- New Bilge Pump & Switch
- LED Anchor/TriColor Navigation light at masthead w/sensor for auto dusk to dawn operation
- Sea Anchor
- Spectra Watermaker
- ICOM AIS Receiver & Cable
- Lifesling II MOB Device
- Reupholstered All Interior Cushions w/ Sunbrella Fabric
- Transom Deck Shower Replaced
- West Marine Aft Pump-out Deck Fitting Replaced
- Replacement Lenses for All Portholes
- Converted (2) Water Tanks to Diesel Tanks
- Proscan 22” TV, Mounted in Aft Cabin
- New Genoa & Mainsail Tuned Up (Banks Sails)
- Replaced Forward & Aft Head Toilets
- All Vanity Mirrors Replaced
- ACR EPIRB
- New Mainsail Track & Car Installed
- New West Marine 75lb CQR Anchor & 300' of Chain
- Winslow ISO 6-Person Ocean Rated Life Raft
- New Upper Lifeline
- New Backstay & SSB Connected
- New Ship Computer (Not Installed)
- Digital Engine Instrument Converter NMEA2000 - Tachometer, Oil Pressure, Temp. etc.
- New Micron 99 Bottom Paint (November)
- New Racor Diesel Fuel Polishing Loop Installed
- New Bose Salon Speakers & Amplifier
- Zarcor Porthole Shades Installed in Master Stateroom
- Y-Valves Replaced by True North Marine
- New WIFI Antenna
- Aft Air Conditioning Compressor Replaced
- New Rubber Insert on Rub rails
- New Water Pump on Northern Lights Generator
- Optima Battery for Engine and Genset
The interior is a skillful blending of traditional craftsmanship and materials, with contemporary space planning and interior design principles. The result is both beautiful and livable; all areas have good natural lighting and ventilation. All the cabin ports had the lenses replaced in 2016. All of the interior lighting is LED. The main cabin has large skylights overhead and the hull has fixed ports for added visibility. Overall, the interior layout is perfect for cruising or to use as a live-aboard.
Forward Guest Stateroom & Head
Located all the way forward, the spacious guest stateroom offers a comfortable V-berth with a bench with storage underneath to starboard and a large cabinet to port. Two opening hatches, port lights, reading lights and a 12V fan will ensure your guests feel at home. Just aft and to port is the guest head which has dual access from either the guest cabin or main salon. The head was refreshed in 2016 with a new toilet and vanity mirrors. There is good storage in the cupboards and under the sink.
Continuing aft, you enter the spacious, main cabin salon. The teak interior creates a warm, nautical ambiance. To port, there is a straight settee with shelving and storage cabinets outboard, followed by the comfortable, forward-facing navigation station. To starboard, there is an L-shaped settee with a nice sized dining table that comfortably seats four with an ottoman providing additional seating and storage. More storage space can be found in cabinets above and outboard of the dinette. Conveniently located just aft of the dining area is the large, efficient U-shaped galley. A discreet locker at the end of the galley peninsula serves as a liquor cabinet.
Salon Entertainment System
- Stereo AM/FM System (2014) w/AUX, USB, SSD capabilities. Just plug in your phone and play or insert your music on SSD
- New Bose Speakers & Amplifier (2016)
- Bullet WIFI System connected to TPLink router for fast, long-range internet connection and wireless internet onboard (WIFI Antenna replaced 2016)
- Shakespeare Digital TV antenna at masthead receives broadcast TV signals
The engine is accessible from three sides: Under the companionway stairs, under the vanity and in the walk-through passageway to the aft master stateroom. The inboard side of the passageway offers good access to the engine. The electrical panels and control panel for the inverter are located just above the engine access doors. Additional storage cabinets line the outboard side of the passageway.
Aft Master Stateroom & Head
The master stateroom is located all the way aft. If the rest of the interior has not already won you over, this spacious retreat will seal the deal! This stateroom features a large centerline, “island” queen berth with custom memory-foam mattress with a nice headboard shelf and opening port light aft. There are two bench seats on either side of the bed with storage underneath. Other features include two cedar-lined hanging/shelved lockers, chest of drawers, two 12V fans, a vanity counter with a large wall mirror, seat and drawers plus a wash basin with mirror and more storage. A 22” Proscan TV (2016) is mounted on the bulkhead for easy viewing. Forward, to starboard, is the large private head with separate shower/tub stall, sink, mirror, teak grate floor and marine toilet (new toilet and mirror in 2016).
The large, U-shaped galley is conveniently located to starboard of the companionway and aft of the dining area. This allows the chef to interact with guests in the main cabin as well as to easily pass food up to the crew in the cockpit. It is a very functional and well-designed space that provides a pleasant and secure work environment for the cook both underway or at anchor. This well-equipped galley serves as the “heart” of the cruising boat with her great counter space, natural light, plenty of storage and nice appliances!
- Corian Countertops w/Teak Fiddles
- Deep, Double Stainless Steel Sinks w/Designer Faucet & Soap Dispenser
- Spectra Ventura 200T Watermaker w/Zion System (2016)
- 2-Stage Cartridge Fresh Water Filtration System (5 Micron for Sediment + Activated Carbon Filter for Taste)
- Seagull Water Purifier w/Galley Sink Mounted Dispenser for Outstanding Fresh Drinking Water
- Pressurized Salt Water System Faucet at Galley Sink for Dish Washing
- 3-Burner, Gimbaled Force 10 Stove w/Oven (2015)
- Top Access Freezer w/Large A-B VD152 Evaporator Box Inside
- Front & Top Access Refrigerator, Cooled by Digital T-Stat Controlled Spillover Fan
- Refrigeration is an Adler-Barbour Super Cold Machine fitted w/ Frigo Boats’ Intelligent “Smart Speed Control” & Dual Coastal Mk2 Digital Thermostats for Precise Control of Temps in Each Side (2012)
- Paper Towel Holder & Spice Tray
- Lockers Under Sole for Storage
- Abundant Drawers & Cabinets for Cookware, Tools, Dishes, Utensils, etc.
- Dedicated Pull-Out Trash Bin
The interior nav station has a large chart table and comfortable, forward-facing seat. The nav panel houses the ICOM M504 VHF and ICOM M802 SSB for communication and a Garmin GMI-10 Multi-Function Display which provides a variety of information from the NMEA2000 (NK2) network. In the cockpit, the navpod mount for the Garmin GPSMap 5212 12" touchscreen navigation systems is clean and uncluttered, providing all information on one screen. The majority of the electronics were installed to link all components for full functionality.
- Garmin GPSMap 5212 Touchscreen Multi-function Chartplotter (N2K) (2012)
- Garmin GMR18 HD Radar- Mast mounted on Scanstrut gimbaled mount (2012)
- Garmin GMI 10 Multi-Function Display (2012)
- Autohelm ST700 Autopilot control with outlet for wired remote control unit
- Maretron WSO100 Ultrasonic Wind Speed+Temp+Barometer (N2K) (2012)
- Maretron SSC200 Solid State Rate/Gyro Compass (N2K) (2012)
- Airmar Triducer DST800 (depth/speed/temp) 235khz Transducer (N2K) (2012)
- Airmar 200/50khz Transducer (2012)
- New WIFI Antenna (2016)
- Icom M504 VHF Radio (2012) w/Command Mic 3 in Cockpit (New Handset 4/2015)
- Icom M802 SSB with AT140 tuner (2012)
- ACR GlobalFix iPro 406 Mhz EPRIB (2016)
- LED Anchor/TriColor Navigation light at masthead w/sensor for auto dusk to dawn operation (2017)
- Shakespeare 2030 Digital TV antenna with signal booster (2012)
- Shakespeare Mariner 4200 3dBi SS antenna at mast head (2012)
- Shakespeare Galaxy 5225-XT 6dBi 8’ antenna mounted on stern rail for emergency (2012)
- ICOM AIS receiver & cable (2016)
- New Ship Computer - Not Installed (2016)
- Northern Lights M673 6kw Generator is NOT currently working
- Xantrex 3000w Inverter/ 130amp Charger with remote panel
- (2) Kyoceral KD135 Solar Panels (2012)
- Blue Sky 3024il Solar Charge Controller and IPN remote panel (2012)
- High output 120amp Alternator
- Balmar Smart Regulator
- House Battery Bank: (2) 4D West Marine Gel Cells (2015)
- Optima Battery for Engine and Genset (2016)
Sails & Rigging
Blue Dog has been rigged for safe and easy sail handling.
- New Standing Rigging - New forestay, backstay (2016), baby stays, upper shrouds and main and jib halyards (July 2014)
- US Spars In-Mast Furling Mainsail (Mainsail tuned-up 2016) - In-mast furling lower bearing is out. We have a quote to replace the unit for $1-1500. Mainsail is currently used as a conventional main.
- Harken Mark 3 Roller Furling System (July 2014)
- New 125% Genoa (2016)
- (2) X Lewmar 56 ST Jib Sheet Winches
- (1) X Lewmar 40 ST main furling/outhaul control winch
- Harken 6:1 Gross Trim Main Sheet System located behind helmsman
- Harken Fine Trim Block and Tackle for Main Sheet Control
- New Mainsail Track and Car (2016)
- (2) X Lewmar 24 Mast Winches
- Inboard Genoa Tracks
Cockpit, Deck & Hull
The hull and deck are constructed of solid hand-laid fiberglass. Blue Dog’s strut was removed and strengthened in October of 2014.She has a modified fin keel which provides great upwind performance and stability. Her weather decks are wide and uncluttered while the inboard chainplates/shrouds provide excellent windward performance and safe and easy movement fore and aft. The cockpit is deep with high comfortable seat backs and an elevated helm seat that provides good visibility and easy access to the winches. The wide coamings create an additional seating level. Some modern features such as the swim platform with port and starboard access stairs, transom shower and electric windlass recessed in the foredeck enhance life aboard this comfortable boat. Her hull color is a bright and shiny white and the decks’ non-skid are an off-white.
- Edson Pedestal Steering Station w/Engine Instrument Panel
- Digital Engine Instrument Converter NMEA2000 (2016)
- Navpod Mount for Electronics
- S/S 6-Spoke Wheel
- Suunto Compass
- Teak Cockpit Table
- Bimini w/Full Enclosure (some cracking in Isinglass panels) for Inclement Weather
- Stainless Steel Hand Rails on Outside of Dodger for Safety
- Closed Cell Foam “C Cushions” Cockpit Cushions, Helmsman's Seat & Back Cushions
- Custom Aft Lounging Cushion for Relaxing at Anchor (10/2012)
- Cockpit Speakers
- Double Bow Roller
- Maxwell 1500 Electric Horizontally Mounted Windlass w/Foot Control (12/2012)
- 75# CQR Anchor with 300' Chain (2016)
- 45# CQR Anchor with 300’ Chain
- Sea Anchor (2016)
- Double Lifelines with side gates on port and starboard keep sailors aboard and custom fitted safety netting included will help keep pets, kids and loose tackle from going overboard as well (Upper Lifeline Replaced 2016)
- 2” Aluminum Stern Arch carries (2) Kyocera KD135 watt Solar Panels as well as Deck Lights & Magma Grill
- Magma Catalina Propane Grill is mounted on shelf across the stern arch
- Dinghy Davits added to Arch (2012)
- Nova Lift Dingy Motor Hoist w/Mounting Plate for Outboard Motor Storage
- At the Stern: Port Lazarette for Storage; Starboard Lazarette houses (2) 10# Fiberglass Propane Cylinders
- Scoop Transom & Large Boarding Ladder provide easy access from the water or dinghy
- Deck Shower on Transom Replaced (2016)
- Aft Pump-out Deck Fitting Replaced (2016)
- Rubber Inserts on Rubrails Replaced (2016)
- New Micron 99 Bottom Paint (Nov. 2016)
Mechanical & Plumbing
- Yanmar 4JH2E FWC Diesel Engine w/Estimated 4,270 Hrs. (Hours Meter was broken when current owners purchased boat)
- Digital Engine Instrument Converter NMEA2000 - Tachometer, Oil Pressure, Temperature, etc. (2016)
- New Diesel Fuel Polishing Loop (2016)
- (2) Water Tanks Converted to Diesel Tanks (2016)
- Cruisair 16,000 BTU Reverse Cycle AC/Heat for Salon & Fwd Stateroom w/SMXII Digital Panel
- Cruisair 7,000 BTU Reverse Cycle AC/Heat for Master Stateroom w/ SMXII Digital Control Panel (New compressor - 2016)
- Hot Water Heater, 6 gal (110v and/or engine water heated)
- Jabsco Sensor Max VSD17 4.5gpm Freshwater System Pump w/Dual Cartridge “Whole House Filtration” (New 2016)
- Waste System: Raritan Fresh Head Manual Head & Raritan Sea Era QC Sea Fresh Electric Head (Both New in 2016)
- Y-Valves for Heads Replaced (2016)
- Jabsco Shower Sump Pumps w/Easy-to-clean Shur-Flo Filter Screens for each Shower Sump (Aft Head Pump, New 2017)
- Dual Rule 1500 gph Bilge Pumps (One Pump & Switch Replaced 2017)
- Whale Gusher Manual Bilge Pump
- New Transom Deck Shower (2016)
- Winslow 6-Person Ocean Rated Life Raft (2016)
- ACR EPIRB (2016)
- Nylon 4700# Jackline System w/Harnesses & Tethers
- Lifesling MOB Device (2016)
- Emergency 8’ VHF Antenna Mounted on Stern Rail
- ACR Rapid-Ditch Express Bag w/Contents
- Loud Hailer/Fog Horn on Mast Hooked to Cockpit VHF Microphone (New 2017)
- Fire Extinguishers (5)
- Fire/CO Detector
The Listing Brokerage Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel regardless of information provided. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. PLEASE NOTE: All electronics are listed for verification purposes but not warranted in the selling price of the boat.
Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, any warranties expressed or implied and/or any engine service as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
All the yacht brokerage agents at the listing company are Independent Contractors.
Other Boats from Little Yacht Sales
Kemah, TX, United States
Kemah, TX, United States
Kemah, TX, United States