1990 Shannon 43
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Located In:
- Portsmouth, RI
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 223,000
- Sale Pending
The Shannon 43 “Patriot” has been well maintained and updated over the years by only three very knowledgeable owners. The Shannon 43 is the perfect boat for a couple to liveaboard/extended cruising. “Patriot” exemplifies our excellent reputation for the ultimate fast (17 day 22 hour 3,000 miles Transatlantic passage Buzzards Bay to Ireland), comfortable, short- handed long distance ocean cruiser. Of all the fifty two Shannon 43 built to the highest standards by Shannon Boat Company, Bristol, RI, “Patriot has probably the most exquisite interior woodwork, as the original owner was the “Bill Gates of Canada, and he spared for expense in creating his vision of a proper yacht. All the exterior teak on "Patriot" was striped and re-varnished bright by the skilled Shannon crew in July 2019.
Builder: Shannon Boat Company
Designer: Walter Schulz
LOA: 47.42 feet
LWL: 36.58 feet
Displacement: 27500 pound
Bridge Clearance: 63 feet Draft: 4’9” centerboard up
8’7” centerboard down
Engine Model: B4 82HP Installed 1997
Fuel: 105 gallon
Water: 200 gallon
Holding: 37 gallon
Sleeps seven people with two in the master forward, double pull out saloon starboard settee, single settee berth to port, and double aft quarter berth.
Master Cabin is forward large v-berth with ensuite head with separate stall shower. There are lockers forward along the hull on both sides of the berth. Aft of the lockers are book/storage shelves. There are two drawers under the berth. Aft there are a bank of lockers to port and hanging locker opposite to starboard.
Main Salon features a straight settee to port and an L-shaped settee to starboard. Centerline there is a drop leaf table. There is bookshelf on the forward bulkhead and bookshelves and locker port and starboard. Aft on the port side is the Luke Delft tile propane fireplace.
Galley is U-shaped and aft to starboard with leaded glass door storage locker.
Aft Head is along the port side.
Aft Cabin is aft to port with storage under the double berth and in lockers.
Navigation Station is located aft to starboard.
- White laminate bulkheads
- Varnished teak joinery work throughout
- Teak and holly varnished cabin sole
- Corian counters in galley and heads
- 14 bronze portholes permanently clear coated to maintain polished surface
- Four 12v cabin fans
- Electric automatic shower sump pump for each head
Sails and Rigging
- Awlgripped aluminum keel stepped mast
- Navtec stainless steel rod
- 130% furling genoa
- Cruising spinnaker
- Yankee furling
- Staysail furling
- Fully battened mainsail with Schaefer lazy jacks
- Two Lewmar 56 on cockpit coaming
- Two Lewmar 43 on cockpit coaming
- One Lewmar 46
- One Lewmar 30 self-tailing on mast
- One Lewmar 24 on mast
- One Lewmar 16 on boom
- Whisker pole
- 3 Harken roller furlers on three forestays
- Main sheet traveler
- Aluminum genoa cars and tracks port and starboard on toe rails
Deck and Hull
- Deck has Divinyl cell PVC cross linked foam core (no balsa) and biaxial laminates
- 12VDC electric anchor windlass
- Two anchors on bow (Danforth and plow)
- Chain leader and nylon rodes
- MOM man overboard module on stern pulpit
- Cockpit cushions
- Teak fold down cockpit table
- The hull has Airex linear foam PVC coring with bi-axial roving laminates.
- Bulkheads are bonded to the hull and deck.
- Spartan Marine bronze seacock thru-hull fittings
Electronics and Navigation
- Icom VHF radio
- Raymarine I50/I60 knot/depth/wind instruments new 2013.
- Raymarine E125 and E95 chartplotters in nav station and in cockpit at helm with 4kw radome, GPS, AIS, etc. new 2013.
- 5" Ritchie compass
- Westerbeke 7.6 KW diesel generator 110/220
- All hull fittings bonded to zinc on skeg
- Battery charger
- 150 amp three stage alternator
- Link 20 battery monitor at nav. station
- 6 Group 31 gel batteries
- 12 VDC light fixtures throughout
- 110 VAC outlets throughout
- Shorepower 50 amp 125VAC
- Dual pole main AC breaker with eight circuits, voltmeter, and rev. polarity indicato
Main engine Westerbeke 82HP is fresh water cooled with 2500 hours and was installed new in 1997.
- Racor fuel/water separator filter
- Stuffing box
- Hurth 2.7:1 transmission
- Variable pitch 3-blade 20" feathering Maxprop
- 3 aluminum fuel tanks 105 gallons
- 3 stainless steel water tanks 200 gallons
- Holding tank gauge
- Two 12VDC bilge pumps
- Whale Gusher manual bilge pump in cockpit
- Groco ARG series raw water strainers for all sea water intakes
- Two Marineair self-contained rev. cycle air conditioners. Forward unit is 7,000 BTU (model VCP-7K) and aft unit is 16,000 BTU (model VCP 16K) with separate thermostats. Raw water cooling with a single 110 v electric service pump
- Espar 17,000 BTU forced hot air diesel fired heater
- Two heads with holding tank, deck pump out and macerator pump for overboard discharge - all new 2013
Docklines, fenders, anchors, rodes, USCG safety equipment, and spare parts to numerous to list
Please contact Shannon Brokerage at 401-253-2441
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 48 ft 0 in
Beam: 13 ft 5 in
Number of heads: 2
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Shannon
Haines, AK, United States
Algonac, MI, United States
Unknown, RI, United States
Bristol, RI, United States
Bristol, RI, United States
Bristol, RI, United States