1990 Sabre 38 MKII
- View Full Specifications
One owner boat!
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Tracys Landing, MD
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 114,900
Price just reduced from $119,000!
A custom-ordered and built one-owner Sabre 38 MKII. This vessel has been very well kept by her family owners, and she is looking for a good home to continue taking her next owners on many cruising adventures and sunny days afloat. Please be sure to click on the Full Specs tab for all of the details on this fine Sabre 38!
DiMillo’s Yacht Sales is a professional yacht dealership and brokerage firm with six locations stretching from Maine to Maryland. DiMillo’s has been providing yacht sales expertise since 1998, with over two hundred years of combined experience, and now represents new yachts from Sabre Yachts, Back Cove Yachts, Coastal Craft and Southport. In addition to new and pre-owned yacht sales, DiMillo’s is proud to have a full time, year round service team that focuses efforts on their new and brokerage buyers. The service team’s capabilities include all aspects of commissioning new vessels, yacht repair and in-house captain services.
For an appointment to see the boat or if you have any questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or try my mobile number: 410-829-2342.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Please contact Brett Starke at 410-267-1808
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Sabre Yachts
Designer: Sabre Design Team
Flag of Registry: United States
Hull Shape: Displacement
LOA: 38 ft 8 in
Beam: 12 ft 4 in
LWL: 31 ft 4 in
Minimum Draft: 4 ft 3 in
Maximum Draft: 8 ft 0 in
Displacement: 17300 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 58 ft 6 in
Headroom: 6 ft 4 in
Total Power: 33 HP
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Year Built: 1990
Engine Model: 38B
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 3390
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 33 HP
Cruising Speed: 6 knots
Maximum Speed: 7 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 Plastic (53 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 Aluminum (45 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 Plastic (40 Gallons)
Number of heads: 1
Electrical Circuit: 12V
Accommodations & Layout
Custom ordered by her only sole owners, this vessel offers quite a few upgrades over the standard Sabre 38MKII offered in 1990. Her fully teak interior was varnished by the factory which was very rare at the time and it has aged well, giving her interior teak a clean, elegant, and rich look. She offers custom soft-white Haitian cotton upholstery with double rows of buttons on both base and back cushions, custom storage doors and shelves for additional storage areas, and has brass/teak block interior lighting throughout her cabins. She also offers berths for seven people.
Starting below in the bow brings you to the master stateroom. Large V-berth with storage, forward water tank, and factory air conditioning are below. Shelves are above each side of the berth, custom soft-storage bags are below, and there is a mix of dry storage in various compartments and drawers throughout. Hanging locker with custom shelves and additional access door is found to starboard. Vanity with sink, mirror, etched-globe Weems & Plath oil lamp, teak magazine rack is on the aft bulkhead, and a side seat is found to port.
Stepping further aft brings you to the keel-stepped mast and into the main salon. Straight settee is to starboard with storage above, behind, and below. There is an L-shaped settee to port with a bulkhead mounted leaf table with magazine storage rack behind. This table is a great design as it offers fantastic versatility - it can be completely up on the bulkhead when not needed, down with the leaf down for comfortable dining for two/three, and if the leaf is raised it offers a lot of table space for a vessel of this size. When the table is on the bulkhead, there is a hinged teak beverage holder underneath. Secure storage can be found in the same mix as what can be found on the port side - above, behind, and below. Sabre's basket-weave style doors have interior finger catch style locks, and this vessel also has an exterior brass hook for each door to prevent the interior lock from coming open in a rough sea. Port water tank is found under the port settee, and the hot water heater can be found under the centerline portion of the settee, with surrounding storage. Straight settee to starboard with storage above, behind, and with two additional access doors for easier access to the space below.
Moving further aft brings you to the navigation station to starboard. This is a comfortable seat in which to spend time navigating underway or preparing for the next day's adventures. Electronics suite can be found with all teak panels surrounding her electronics and instrumentation, with additional storage door access. Good storage under the nav desk is found in a large, flat storage area for charts, as well as a series of drawers below, including Sabre's infamous tool drawer.
Opposite the navigation station is the L-shaped galley. A gimballed, 4 burner CNG stove and oven are found to port, a large refrigerator with Seafrost shore and engine refrigeration, waste basket storage with cutting board on top, and a deep stainless steel double-sink round out the galley. Factory microwave and cabinet storage is above the counter space. Two additional storage access doors have been added to the front of the sink above the drawers in the galley. Teak mug holders and spice rack can be found on the aft bulkhead of the galley. Folding leaf in the galley is found to the right of the sink for additional workspace.
Further aft to starboard is the head. A deep sink with pressurized hot and cold water and an additional foot pump are found in the vanity. This space is complemented by a teak mirror and towel rack, enclosed storage shelves with sliding doors, and a hanging locker with storage in the seat below. An overhead hatch and opening port allow for ample ventilation. In addition a handheld shower with surrounding curtain complete the head.
Aft of the galley is the guest stateroom which offers accommodation for two. A long shelf to port offers storage on top with four separate enclosed locker compartments below, complemented by additional custom soft-storage bags below. A hanging locker with custom shelves is found on the forward bulkhead, and ample storage below all berths. There is also an additional shelf above the engine box, and a teak mirror as well.
If you have specific questions, please let me know. I look forward to hearing from you.
- All interior teak factory varnished
- All berths covered with custom fabric - all cushion are double buttoned
- Custom storage canvas bags in forward and aft cabins
- Teak shelving added in forward and aft cabin hanging lockers
- All exposed outlets have teak covers
- Custom doors added below both hanging lockers
- Custom doors added beneath starboard berth in the main cabin
- Custom storage doors added beneath both sinks in galley
- Custom vinyl cover for the mast in the main cabin
- Screens on all hatches
- Fans in both sleeping cabins and head
- Custom teak navigation station which features a VHF radio, Furuno GPS/Chartplotter/radar, single sideband (not currently operational), and a large storage compartments.
- Three batteries (two house, one engine)
- Galley area features teak spice rack and a brass oil lantern
- All lighting fixtures (except head area) are brass w/teak bases
- All ports throughout vessel feature custom made fabric shades
- Teak shelf installed over the engine cover in aft stateroom
- All storage outbound on the port side over berth in aft cabin are divided into separate lockers
- Small Inverter
- All sinks have pressurized hot & cold water, and a separate foot pump for freshwater
- Marine Air reverse cycle heat & air conditioning
Electronics & Electrical
- Furuno Navnet GPS chartplotter/radar
- Icom VHF at nav station
- Icom Single Sideband radio (Not currently operational)
- Icom VHF at helm
- Portable Garmin GPS at helm
- Xantrex smart battery charger with remote monitor
- 3 - 12 volt batteries - one dedicated engine start, two house batteries
- L-shaped galley
- Double stainless steel sink
- Custom starboard (plastic) cover for one side of the sink
- Galley faucet with retractable hose (extends far enough to reach refrigerator)
- Freshwater foot pump
- Factory installed microwave
- 4 burner Regal CNG stove and oven
- Seafrost refrigeration
- Hand pump to drain refrigerator overboard
- Ample storage throughout, including custom compartments
- Wilcox-Crittenden Head Mate manual head
- Sink with hot/cold pressurized water
- Separate freshwater foot pump
- Shower with hot/cold water
- Hanging locker and lots of storage compartments
- 33hp Westerbeke engine always professionally maintained.
- Additional electric fuel pump mounted and installed which is easily switched over from the pump in use.
- Freshwater - two tanks totaling 106 gallons
- 12 gallon Raritan hot water heater (engine & 120V AC)
- Holding - 40 gallons
- Fuel - 45 gallons
- All tanks have inspection ports
Deck & Exterior Equipment
- Sabre-approved custom boot stripes on hull
- Maxwell electric windlass with both chain gypsy and line winch
- Plow anchor with chain/line rode
- Dodger by North Sails
- Bimini by North Sails
Harken split drum furler on headstay
All spinnaker gear including spinnaker pole, reaching strut and all sheets and controls
- Two additional spinnaker winches in cockpit
All six winches on cabin top are upgraded and self-tailing
Custom brace for backstay at transom
Custom cockpit cushions
Custom SS swim ladder for side entry; can be used either side of yacht
Additional Icom VHF unit at the helm
Portable Garmin GPS at the helm
Teak cockpit table
Optional teak coaming package
- Full winter cover by North Sails for winter storage
- Custom hatch covers for all overhead hatches
- Custom companionway cover
- Pedestal cover
Liberator has a keel-centerboard, so with her board up the draft is 4'3" and 8"0' with the centerboard all the way down.
Sails & Rigging
All sails in inventory by North Sails & Quantum Sails
- 140% Genoa -Dacron
- 140% Genoa-Mylar
- 1 Dacron Mainsail - Full Batten
- 1 Mylar Mainsail - Full Batten
- 1 Cruising Asymmetrical Cruising Spinnaker w/ sock
- 1 3/4 oz. Spinnaker
- Custom lazy jacks
- Rod Rigging
- Rigid Boom Vang
- Two genoa halyards with separate rope clutches lead to a self-tailing winch
- One spinnaker halyard with a self tailing winch
- Life raft & cradle
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from DiMillo's Yacht Sales
38 Salon Express
West River, MD, United States