1990 MacGregor 65 Pilothouse
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Anacortes, WA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 139,500
Price Reduced to $149,000!
65' Macgregor Pilothouse Sailboat
New Turbocharger ($3500 part), New Injectors,
New Impeller, New V-Belt,
New Coolant. Valves Adjusted 2/2019
New Propane Stove 2/2019
Cutter Rigged w/ 2 Furling Headsails, a large 130 Genoa and smaller staysail on inner forestay.
Lines led to cockpit allow for easy control.
Mainsail is full battened with lazybag and lazy jacks for easier handling.
Boat has been updated several times including newer heavy duty offshore sails and complete electronics for offshore communication and navigation.
Low hours (1900) on Yanmar turbo diesel, because she usually is sailing.
The light displacement allows her to sail in just 5 knots of wind!
These are very well built boats with solid fiberglass, longitudinal stringers, and inner bulkheads.
The rudder, strut and bearing has been rebuilt.
The rigging was completely replaced in 2012 and updated in 2014 and 2017.
She is a seaworthy, fast passage maker with a history of several Pacific crossings.
Just outfit with supplies and she is ready to go on an ocean sailing cruise :)
Coast Guard Documented Vessel for both Recreational & Charter (Coastwise).
Survey Value $185,000.
December 2018 - New Mast Boot
January 2019 - Maxi Prop overhauled and new cutlass bearing installed
Please email or phone in advance for all viewings. No texts please.
Please contact Curtis Adams at (360) 679-6779
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 67 ft 6 in
Beam: 12 ft 0 in
Total Power: 110 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 1900
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 110 HP
Number of heads: 2
- Type: Pilothouse Auxiliary Sailing Vessel
- Builder: MacGregor Yacht Corp
- Hull Mat: Fiberglass
- Deck Mat: Fiberglass
- LOA 67'6" (with monitor windvane)
- Beam 12'
- Draft 6'
- Mast Clearance 70'
- Engine: Yanmar
- HRS: 1900
- Racor Fuel Filter
- Fresh Water Cooling System
- New Turbocharger ($3500 part)
- New Injectors
- New Impeller
- New V-Belt
- New Coolant
- Valves Adjusted 2/2019
- 110 V AC outlets/ 12 V DC
- 2 separate isolated battery banks
- Bank 1 = 12 Deep Cell Batteries (New - June 2016)
- Bank 2 = 3 HD Batteries (New June 2018)
- Westerbeke 8 KW #758 DT Diesel Generator
- Outback FX 2012 MT Charger/Inverter & Power Monitor
- Eight 80W Solar panels & Outback Flexmax 60 Solar Charge Controller
- Raymarine C125 Multi Function Display GPS Chartplotter with Radar on Gimble mount
- Raymarine Evolution Auto Pilot & P70 Control
- Hand held wireless Remote control for auto pilot
- Raymarine AIS 650 Class B Transceiver (Send and Receive)
- ICOM 802 SSB Radio & Pactor DR 7400 Modem
- Simrad SR35 VHF Radio with AIS & Handheld Remote
- Raymarine St 60+ Depth Sounder
- Wind Speed/Direction Raymarine I-70
- Stereo System
- USCG Approved Running Lights
- USCG Approved PFDs #2
- 3 Fire Ext.
- 2 1" Rule 2000 12v and 1 2" whale manual bilge pumps
- 6 person inflatable life raft (Revere Coastal CDR)
- Emergency rudder kit for monitor
- Jacklines, Harnesses and Tethers
- Spinnaker & New Sock/Sleeve
- Storm Sails: Trisail and Storm Jib (New Condition)
- 2 Profurl Roller Furling
- 5 Winches(4)Harken 2 Speed 53S.T. and(1)Harkin Barbarossa
- Extra Sails: Original Genoa and Staysail (serviceable condition)
- Lazy Bag
- Steering Wheel
- 9'6" Dingy with oars and hand pump- purchased new July 2018
- 8" Plastimo Compass
- Monitor windvane
- Bow/Stern Pulpit w/lifelines
- Simpson-Lawrence #V2000 Heavy Duty Electric Anchor windlass
- 400' BBB Chain Rode
- Bruce Anchor on bow roller
- 2 additional anchors stored
- Extra rope/chain rode
- Berths-Two double and 3 single
- 2 cabins plus salon
- Stove (CNG)
- Double sink
- Hot water 10.5 Gallons
- Water capacity 225 in 2 fiberglass tanks
- Watermaker- Village marine little wonder
- Johnson Toilet
- Holding Tank
- Boat purchased in WA from original owner 2007.
- Electronics updated 2007-2008. New ssb/backstay antenna, watermaker,
- solar panels/charge controller, additional battery bank.
- Boat sailed to Hawaii 2008 and returned to WA 2010. Hauled 2009 and new
- bottom paint job. Depth sounder and windex replaced new.
- Standing/running rigging replaced 2012 and updated 2014 with all new
- New rudder tube 2013 (Thordon bearing inside new fiberglass buildup) and
- new upper strut fabricated. (This is much stronger system then original
- Boat sailed to Hawaii 2013 and moored there 5 years with occasional
- Electronics updated 2014 with new wiring. Hauled 2014 and new bottom job.
- Standing rigging inspected Nov 2017 with forestay and deck chainplate for
- staysail replaced new. Rest of rig found in good serviceable condition.
- Boat hull/prop cleaned and inspected by diver every 6 months - last May
- 2018 - zincs replaced.
- 2 main sail reefing lines and 2 head sail furler lines replaced new June
- Generator engine oil replaced June 2018
- Boat sailed from Kauai to Anacortes July 2018 in 19 days
- Main engine and transmission oil replaced July 2018
- New exhaust elbow installed on generator July 2018
- Hauled 9/5/18
- Keel and Rudder currently being prepped for re-painting with new epoxy
- Maxi Prop will be serviced - cleaned by PYI. Shaft will be pulled and
- Cutlass bearing will be replaced new.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
cheap and easy