1989 Tartan 40
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Mystic, CT
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 99,995
- Sale Pending
1989 S&S Tartan 40 “Parcel of Rogues” Hull #69. The current owner has owned the yacht for the past 24 years. She is well cared for and in Bristol Condition!
Specifications: S&S designer sloop rig fast racer tall rig center board. Roomy layout; two heads two state rooms forward w/queen size bed. No V-berth!
Loa 40 ft lwl 31 ft 7 in, beam12 ft 8 in, keel center board draft 4 ft 9 in cb up and 8 ft 5 in cb down * stiff racing benefit deep and shallow draft option. No noise. 17800 lb , ballast 7600 lb
Tall rig mast clearance 58.5 minimum
Engine hours 2500 light usage slip storage Mystic sailing to Block Island. Battery charging at anchor. tankage: fuel 47 gallons water over 100 gallons holding tanks 50+ gallons
Cell (860) 867-6411 Office: (860) 536-4978 Fax: (860) 536-4406 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
John MacPherson CPYB
Please contact John MacPherson CPYB at Cell (860) 867-6411
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Parcel of Rogues
Builder: Tartan Marine
Designer: Sparkman & Stevens
LOA: 40 ft 0 in
Beam: 12 ft 8 in
LWL: 31 ft 7 in
Minimum Draft: 4 ft 9 in
Maximum Draft: 8 ft 5 in
Displacement: 17800 lbs
Ballast: 7600 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 58 ft 6 in
Headroom: 6 ft 3 in
Total Power: 44 HP
Engine Brand: Universal
Year Built: 1989
Engine Model: M50 Fresh Water Cooled
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 2500
Propeller: 2 blade propeller
Engine Power: 44 HP
Cruising Speed: 7 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 3 (100 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (47 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 2 (50 Gallons)
Number of heads: 2
Accommodations & Layout
- Accentuate two staterooms master w/queen bed and two heads layout c option. 7 berths plenty of drawers and closets cedar lined.
- Revarnished teak and Holly floor (2019)
- U shaped salon settee Sunbrella upholstery throughout. Centerline table. Custom teak interior.
- Master stateroom has queen size bed.
- Both head sinks have fresh water foot pumps aft head has salt or freshwater flushing capability both heads have y valve and holding tank capability.
- The galley is aft to port just at the base of the companionway steps. The design is very well suited for offshore work with plenty of safe places to brace. There is a heavy duty safety bar in front of the stove.
- Hillerange CNG 3 burner stove with oven and 4 CNG tanks usually carry 2 with 2 spares
- Salt and fresh water foot pumps and pressure system New house water pump ( 2017).
- Nav station is tucked aft of galley facing aft with opening port to allow communication with the helmsman.
- 2 B&G Hydra 330 depth knot log temp wind speed wind angle with repeater at nav station. B&G magnified wind indicator
- Garmin 2010c chartplotter with two stations cockpit and navigation station
- Raytheon r20 XX radar with questus mount on backstay
- Autohelm st4000
- 5 in Ritchie compass
- Jensen stereo Icom m100 with weather
- Icom m56 VHF
- 12-volt DC 110v AC 60 amp battery charger
- 5 New deep cycle Batteries 80 amp hours each (2018 )
- 100 amp alternator HD( rebuilt 2017) new one still in box dockside electrical cable.
Hull & Deck
- Harken roller furling, quick vang, navtec hydraulic backstay adjuster,
- Twin anchor roller, 2 chrome dorade vents,2 stainless steel dorade guards
- All lines lead to cockpit.
- Simpson Lawrence Sprint 1000 vertical windlass rebuilt (2015) foredeck and cockpit controls
- 250 +feet triple b 3/8 inch chain New (2016)
- Washdown pump
- 44 # Bruce anchor
- New Lifelines (2015)
- Canvas dodger, Bimini, connector, mainsail cover, winch covers
- Varnished teak cockpit table with two matching attachable tray-tables and drink holder.
Sails & Rigging
- Aluminum spar double spreaders, tall rig for racing, inboard outboard tracks.
- New Main halyard 2015
- New Genny sheets 2014
- 5 North sails:
- Full batten main 2 reef points
- 155 percent light air genny
- Asymmetric Spinnaker and sock new w pole
- Heavy air sail like new
- Cruising Genny
- Barient self tailing winches
- Folding Max Prop.
Engine & Mechanical
- Universal 44 horsepower diesel M50 fresh water cooling system, fuel filters, fuel shut off valve, raw water sea strainer, oversized 44” Edson wheel wrapped in elkhide.
- Annual Service: hauled and winter stored under full Fairclough winter cover
- Oil change with filter
- fuel filters primary and secondary
- Batteries serviced monthly all replaced (2018)
- Max prop grease
- Bottom paint ablative
- Wax topsides
- Sand and re-varnish all exterior teak
Additional Information & Equipment
- Varnished teak and Holly floor (2019)
- Fairclough Winter cover (2017) New cover
- Bottom interprotected no blisters /ablative paint annually
- Achilles LS4 EX dinghy and Nissan 5hp outboard included
- Name origin Robert Burns Scottish ballad. “Rogues in a Nation”. This yacht has been loved and well cared for.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Spicer's Brokerage Sales
Noank, CT, United States