1989 Hinckley Sou'wester 42 Stoway Sloop
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Portsmouth, RI
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 279,000
TZIPORAH is a custom color-blue, electric stoway sloop that has had only two owners and is in excellent condition. She has had various recent upgrades as noted in the full specs. Call for more information.
Specializing in Used Hinckley Boat Sales for over 33 years, please call me, BOB POOLER: 207-300-2000 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the used Hinckley power or sailboat market.
Please contact Bob Pooler at 207-300-2010 or 207-460-7589
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Hinckley Yachts
Designer: McCurdy & Rhodes
LOA: 42 ft 8 in
Beam: 12 ft 6 in
LWL: 31 ft 3 in
Minimum Draft: 5 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 9 ft 1 in
Displacement: 24000 lbs
Total Power: 46 HP
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Year Built: 1988
Engine Model: FWC diesel
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 3920
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 46 HP
Cruising Speed: 6 mph
Maximum Speed: 8 mph
Fresh Water Tanks: (150 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (60 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1
Number of single berths: 3
Number of double berths: 1
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
TZIPORAH is owned by its second owner and has been excellently maintained, including winter indoor storage at Hinckley Yacht Services in Portsmouth, RI. Except for two trips to the Bahamas, she has only been used seasonally and should be considered in excellent condition.
HULL AND DECK
- Custom "Tziporah Blue" (blue/green) Awlgrip topsides (2014)
- White house and deck with Off-white molded-in nonskid.
- White single boottop
- Gold cove stripe
- Red bottom
Construction: Handlaid fiberglass hull and deck.
- Hull is cored with Airex for additional strength per weight. The core is deleted and the hull reinforced with additional laminations in all high stress areas to from a single unit that is strong and light. Hull laminate is fabricated of unidirectional glass for a better strength-per-weight ratio.
- Deck: Set in a 6" flange on the hull, then fiberglassed and bolted in place.
- Shoal keel with centerboard. Centerboard is fiberglass with a bronze leading-edge and operated by a pennant with a winch in cockpit.
Deck and Equipment:
- Stainless steel bow and stern pulpits
- Stainless steel bow roller
- Stainless steel stanchions and double lifelines with gates
- Varnished teak dorade boxes
The Hinckley Sou'wester 42 has a large "T" cockpit that comfortably accommodates a large crew:
- Well laid-out for shorthanded sailing.
- Sailing instruments are mounted on the steering pedestal (New 2015).
- Two-speed Barient #28 winches are mounted aft and within easy reach of the helmsman so the boat can be tacked single-handed if necessary.
- Two (2) #32 primary winches forward.
A large sail locker is to port. The cockpit lockers and lazarette have been detailed to maximize storage area. Starboard aft cockpit seat houses propane storage tanks.
- Stainless steel destroyer-type 40" wheel steering with elkhide covered rim
- Teak folding-helm step
- Toast canvas cockpit dodger with elkhide covered stainless steel grabrail
- Lined winch-pockets in coaming
- White cockpit cushions with Navy trim
- Varnished teak cockpit table, cup rack and binocular rack
- Cockpit shower with mixing valve
- 12-volt watertight outlet
TZIPORAH sleeps five in two cabins. The interior is satin-varnished mahogany, with white overhead. The teak and holly cabin sole is gloss polyurethane.
- Varnished teak overhead handrail in main cabin.
- Port and starboard handrails at companionway.
- Interior cushions are finished in Eucalyptus UltraSuede (2014)
- Curtains are throughout.
- Opening ports are in the head, main salon (port and starboard) and the quarterberth.
- Interior lighting throughout is by chromed Ocean Frigast fixtures.
- Additional dome lights have been added where necessary.
- Interior is heated by an Espar D4L heater.
MASTER STATEROOM (Forward):
V-berth is forward with filler and cushion to make a double berth.
- The cushions are finished in Eucalyptus UltraSuede (2014).
- Step between with removable top for storage.
- Storage lockers are above the berths port and starboard.
- Additional storage below in lockers and drawers.
- Hanging locker.
- Natural lighting and ventilation is obtained through an overhead opening screened hatch.
- (2) Frigast 12-volt reading lights.
- Forward is an access door to the divided forepeak chain locker.
HEAD (Next port):
The Head has a private door from the forward cabin, as well as access from the main cabin. White formica bulkheads allow easy cleaning.
- Beige Tweed Formica countertop has a stainless steel sink with fixtures and a telephone-style shower.
- Hot and cold pressure water.
- Wilcox-Crittendon "Skipper" head has a holding tank system with monitor and Y-valves for pump-out.
- Storage lockers are outboard with additional shelving
- Stainless steel towel bar.
MAIN SALON (Amidship)
Varnished mahogany interior includes a centerline drop-leaf dining table that has liquor storage within.
- There are dome lights under the deck outboard port and starboard.
- Frigast 12-volt light mounted on the bulkhead.
- Port and starboard opening ports have screens.
- Opening hatch with screen overhead contributes additional natural light and ventilation in this area.
- Extra-wide, pull-out transom berth has cushions finished in Eucalyptus UltraSuede (2014) with storage behind.
- Lockers and bookshelves outboard and an entertainment center.
- Entertainment Center - has a Fusion Sirius-ready stereo unit with Bluetooth and two JL Audio cabin speakers (2015).
- Pull-out transom berth has cushions finished in Eucalyptus UltraSuede (2014), with storage behind.
- Two lockers and bookshelves outboard.
- 110-volt outlet forward.
NAVIGATION STATION (Next aft starboard)
Nav Station is aft of the starboard transom berth/settee and forward of the aft quarterberth.
- The varnished mahogany nav table opens for chart storage
- Red and white dome light over nav table.
- Full instrumentation - including recent upgrades (see Electronics & Navigation Equipment)
- 12-volt and 110-volt breaker panel.
QUARTERBERTH (aft starboard):
Starboard of the companionway and aft of the nav station is the quarterberth area.
- (2) Storage lockers and a removable shelf.
- Open area for hanging foul weather gear inboard.
- Opening portlight offers additional ventilation in this area.
- (2) Access doors to the engine and shaft areas.
GALLEY (Aft Port):
U-shaped Galley is located to port of the companionway with an Antique White Formica countertop.
- Forward is a large double stainless steel sink that has pressure hot and cold water and a manual back-up freshwater foot pump.
- Outboard is a Shipmate 3-burner stove with oven and broiler gimballed in a stainless steel enclosure.
- Aft is the Sea Frost refrigerator and freezer with top-opening countertop hatch access, 110-volt shore assist and separate temperature gauges.
The Galley has sliding, louvered locker doors and additional shelving, trash bin, and knife rack. The dish locker is below the companionway. Hot water is supplied by a 12-gallon hot water tank and is heated by the engine.
ELECTRONICS and NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
Raymarine e125 HybridTouch multi-function display (2015)
Two Raymarine i70 displays (2015)
Raymarine AIS transceiver (2015)
Raymarine Sirius weather receiver. (2015)
Xantrex Link 20 battery monitor (2004)
Icom M-602 VHF radio (2004)
Raymarine Smart Pilot autopilot (Cockpit) and Raymarine S100 wireless autopilot remote (2005)
- Two Raymarine i70 displays and Raymarine i60 wind display(2015)
Raymarine e95 HybridTouch multi-function display - Helm (2015)
Raymarine RD424 HD radar radome - on mast mount (2015)
- ENTERTAINMENT ELECTRONICS:
- Fusion Sirius-ready stereo unit with Bluetooth (2015) - Stbd Main Salon
- Two JL Audio cabin speakers (2015)
SAILS and RIGGING
- Electric stowaway aluminum mast with tapered aluminum double spreaders.
- Standing rigging is Navtec stainless steel rod with turnbuckle tensioners (2015).
- Harken II roller furling headstay
- Spinnaker halyard and pole topping lift
- Forespar carbon fiber whisker pole (2007) - with custom toast Sunbrella cover (2018)
- Stainless steel genoa tracks
- Inner forestay foundation
- Running rigging replaced (2020)
- New masthead sheaves (2020)
- (2) Barient #32 ST 2-speed Primary winches.
- (2) Barient #28 ST 2-speed Secondary winches.
- (1) Barient #24 ST main sheet winch.
- (1) Barient #24 ST main halyard winch.
- (1) Barient #24 ST genoa halyard winch.
- North Sails Main (2016) - NorLam Ultra X in-mast furling
- North Sails 135% Genoa (2016) - Norlam Ultra X furling
- North #3 Genoa (2002)
- North Stoway Main sail (2001)
- North Drifter (1989)
- North Spinnaker and sleeve (North re-cut to asymmetrical (2001)
12-volt DC System:
- (1) Gel-cell 100-amp/hr starting battery with 65-amp engine alternator for charging.
- (4) Gel-cell 450-amp/hr lighting batteries with 105-amp engine alternator for charging.
- Xantrex Link 20 battery monitor (2004) - Nav station
- 12-volt watertight outlet in cockpit.
110-volt AC System:
- Shore power with 110-volt inlet and 50'x 30-amp shore power cord with 30-15-amp adapter.
- Heart HF-600-12 inverter.
- Sentry 40 amp converter.
- Modified 110-volt AC panel with 110-volt AC spare circuit breaker.
- 110-volt outlet in main salon.
1988 Westerbeke 46-hp FWC diesel engine with 2:1 reduction gear, Racor fuel filter, Aquamet 22 stainless steel shaft and Maxi 3-blade prop.
- Insulated engine room with bilge blowers.
- Electric bilge pump (2016) and manual bilge pump.
- Fire extinguishers.
- Espar D4L cabin heater.
- 12-gallon hot water tank - engine heated.
- Holding tank with Y-valve system to a deck pump-out, electric overboard pump-out and tank level indicators are installed along with an overboard lockout on the seacock.
- Maxwell VWC 220 chrome dual-direction electric anchor windlass (2012)
- 200 ft. x 5/15' high tensile anchor chain (2012)
- 45# CQR anchor
- 65# Luke storm anchor
- 20# Danforth anchor
- Stainless steel folding stem boarding ladder - aft pulpit
- Saltwater deckwash down system
- Single-step teak tread boarding ladder.
- HRH teak outboard motor bracket on pulpit
- Spreader lights
- Fenders and dock lines
- Lensref radar reflector
- Winslow 6-person liferaft (2005) - Inspected March 2018
- Switlik MOM-8 rescue module (2014) - Spring 2019
Hull Awlgrip “Tziporah Blue” (2014) - Remove and re-bed all stanchion deck bases (2017)
Maxwell dual direction anchor windlass and 200 ft. anchor chain (2012)
New Raymarine navigation system with multi-function displays and multiple i70 displays at helm and nav station, i60 wind display at helm, AIS transceiver, Sirius weather receiver, HD radar radome (2015)
Fusion Sirius-ready stereo with Bluetooth and JL Audio speakers in salon (2015)
Interior Berths, settees, and nav station cushions in Toray UltraSuede Eucalyptus color fabric (2014)
North Sails 135% furling Genoa and in-mast furling Mainsail in NorLam Ultra X (2016)
New rod rigging (2015)
- Replaced running rigging (2020)
- New masthead sheaves (2020)
New toast Sunbrella dodger, binnacle cover, aft locker cover, liferaft canister cover (2014)
Custom toast Sunbrella carbon fiber whisker pole cover (2018)
MISEA Signal Mate LED navigation lighting (2015)
New electric horn (2018)
Switlik MOM-8 rescue module mounted on stern rail (2014) - Inspected Spring 2019
Winslow liferaft (2005) - last inspected March 2018 - good through 2021
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Hinckley Yacht Brokerage
Talaria/Patten 42 Flybridge
Portsmouth, RI, United States
Naples, FL, United States
Southwest Harbor, ME, United States
Talaria 38R Convertible
Oxford, MD, United States
Sou'wester 42 Sloop
Southwest Harbor, ME, United States
Norwalk, CT, United States