1989 Custom Whitbread Maxi 81
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Stockholm, Sweden
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- EUR 190,000 Tax Not Paid (US$ 227,354)
Whitbread Maxi 81 ROTHMANS is an iconic yacht. She has been well restored and covered to be as close to the original as possible; with upgraded electronics and in very good working order. Currently being used as a private yacht, she is also a superb platform for charter.
Please contact Ben Cooper at +44 (0)1590 679222
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Adrian Thompson, Paragon Composite (UK)
Designer: Rob Humphreys (UK)
LOA: 81 ft 0 in
Beam: 20 ft 0 in
Minimum Draft: 13 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 13 ft 0 in
Displacement: 27669 kgs
Total Power: 130 HP
Engine Brand: Cummins
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 130 HP
Number of single berths: 20
Number of cabins: 1
Number of heads: 2
Ex sail no. K100.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Deck & Hull: all specs kept to original, made of carbon and kevlar fibers, vacuum bagged epoxy (out & in!), w. PVC- or aluminum honeycomb cores.
- Bulkheads in carbon / epoxy.
- False stem / crash zone and watertight bulkhead in bow.
- Hull & interior painted white 2011.
- Multiyear antifoul & deck painted (Awlgrip) 2018.
Keel & Rudder:
- Rudder integrated to rudderstock all made of Carbon / Epoxi.
- Emergency tiller.
- Bulb and keel blade made of lead with frames of epoxy coated steel.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Cummins 4 BT 3.9-M,130hp Diesel (2008; full factory refurbishment 2014).
- Siemens PLC-based motor monitoring (new 2018).
Propulsion & Steering:
- 3 Blade Folding (Gore) propeller.
- Hydraulpower with short shaft drive.
- Double titan steering wheels, 1,2m. Independent twin wire system.
- Outlets: a number of 220V and 12V outlets.
- House Batteries: 24V Gel, 720 Ah (new 2018).
- Starter Batteries: 12V Gel, 150Ah.
- Inverter: Mastervolt Mass Combi charger and transformer 24/2500/60.
- Genset 1: Cummins 4BT3.9 130hp Diesel (full factory refurbishment 2014).
- Genset 2: Fischer Panda 230V, 4,0kW (new 2018).
- Voltron Energy Shore Transformer 3600 (2011).
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Pressure water system to galley and head.
- Water heater Webasto Isotemp, runs through 220V or engine (new 2018).
- HRO Seafari Escape watermaker (refurbished 2018, winterized).
- 2 Gusher manual bilge pumps.
- 3 Electric bilge pumps.
- Total capacity of 400 litres, 3 x tanks.
- Total capacity of 600 litres, 4 x tanks.
- B&G Vulcan 12 glass helm system (new 2018).
- B&G ZC2 Remote Controller (new 2018).
- B&G Hercules 2000 race equipment.
- B&G fluxgate compass (new 2018).
- B&G GPS (new 2018).
- B&G 20/20 jumbo display (x4).
- B&G 2000FFD readouts on deck (2x2) and in Navstation (x2).
- B&G Radar 4G Radar (new 2018).
- AIS (new 2018).
- Standard computer system with windows.
- 19" TFT 12V screen.
- MaxSea electronic chart display software Time Zero with tidal/currents and
- weather routing modules and AIS.
- Raymarine VHF GMDSS radio.
- NAVTEX system (New 2018).
- Rigel Poseidon steering compasses (x2).
- IRIDIUM Sat Phone Antenna (fixed) (new 2018).
- Raymarine Hydraulic Auto Pilot Linear Drive Type 3, 24V, 1200kg thrust.
- NAC-3 Autopilot Core Pack.
- B&G ZC2 Remote Controller.
- Propane stove (3-burner plus oven, refurb. 2016).
- 2 x Sinks.
- Electric propane valve w. switch from galley (new 2018).
Heating & Ventilation:
- Eberspächer diesel heater system (2009).
- Air vents: in galley and accommodation areas.
- Stereo system.
Summary of Accommodation:
- The accommodations are built as an open area.
- The forward section of the cabin is fitted for sail stowage and 2 heads, one with shower.
- Astern of mast is a tools area and stowage for deckgear, spareparts, clothes & others.
- Amidship is the main hatch, galley and Navstation aft of it.
- 20 Single berths, incl. 4 removable in the front.
- 2 Heads, one with shower (bowls & pumps new 2017).
- Boom Length: 33’.
- Four spreaders with jumper fractional aluminium rigg.
- Discontinuous Rod stainless steel standing rigging by Navtev.
- Aluminum boom.
- Navtec hydraulic boomvang (refurbished 2918).
- Navtec hydraulic outhaul.
- Hydraulic jack for stepping mast.
- 2 Sets running back stays, Kevlar.
- 2 Double check stays, Spectra (new 2017).
- 1 Masthead back stay, Kevlar.
- Titan headboard car with mechanical steps for main top and reefs.
- Removable inner forestay with Navtec hydraulic adjuster.
- Carbon spinnaker pole with Sparcraft fitting.
- Aluminum jockey pole.
- All halyards in Spectra.
- A lot of different sheets in Spectra / Dyneema.
- All winches / grinders by Lewmar (full maintenance 2018).
- 1 Main 900/3 Astor Custom (linkable to grinders).
- 2 Primaries 1100/4 Astor Custom (linkable to grinders).
- 2 Secondaries 900/3 Astor Custom (linkable to grinders).
- 2 Halyards 650/3 Astor Custom.
- 2 Halyards 650/2 Astor Custom (low base).
- 1 Reef 650/2 Astor Custom.
- 2 Mainsheet car 550/3 Astor.
- 2 Runners 700/3 Astor.
- 2 Checkstay 430/2 Astor.
- 3 Double grinders, belt driven.
- All grinders are cross linked and can be directed to one or all linkable winches.
- All cars, stoppers, blocks Frederiksen.
- North 3DL Main 2011.
- North 3DL heavy No3 2011.
- North 3DL light No1 2011.
- Quantum Carbon heavy No 3 2010.
- North S3 sym spinnaker 2011.
- North S1 sym spinnaker 2011.
- North A5 asym spinnaker 2011.
- North Dacron try sail.
- Halsey Spectra stormjib.
- Doyle delivery main.
- Doyle Kevlar light No1.
- Doyle Kevlar heavy No1.
- Doyle spinnaker staysail.
- Halsey 0.5 spinnaker.
- Doyle 0.75 spinnaker.
- Halsey 1.5 spinnaker.
- Halsey 2.8 spinnaker.
- Additional number of sails in variable condition.
- Original race trim.
- Max Bridge Clearance: 112’.
- Pulpit, pushpits, pad eyes, fittings made of Titan.
- Original steel boat cradle.
- A lot of spare parts, equipment and sails.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- 2 Anchors.
- Set of life jackets Baltic inflatable.
- Set of safety harnesses.
- 3 Life rafts, 22 seats, (1x new 2017, 1x new 2018, 1x valid inspection).
- IOR set of distress flares.
- GMDSS radio.
- Set of AIS personal locator beacons.
- Set of Henri Lloyd foul weather gears.
- Handheld VHF.
- Fire ext. system: to classification standards.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Berthon International
Newport, RI, United States
Nigel Irens 63' Modern Classic
West Cork, Ireland
German Frers 60
Lymington, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Bill Tripp 54
Lymington, Hampshire, United Kingdom