1989 Malo 38
- View Full Specifications
Price just reduced
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Colchester, Essex, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 59,950 Tax Paid (US$ 75,075)
Yacht for sale UK. Malo 38 for sale. Pedigree cruising yacht from well regarded constructors Malo Yachts of Sweden under Lloyds supervision. Volvo 2003 3 cylinder marine diesel, shaft drive and 3 blade propeller. Original fit teak decks, aft cockpit layout with fixed spray screen, hood and cockpit cover. 2 double berth cabins plus saloon.In mast furling main sail and Genoa. Comprehensive navigation equipment. Interior is made lighter as owner has finished some surfaces in cream. 2016 survey available when viewing. Wintering mud berth. Owner may consider offers close to asking.
FIXED PRICE BROKERAGE - UK and International Service: - NO SALE - NO FEE - NO Upfront Payments - NO Cancellation Fees - Call us on 01473 780286
Precious Marine International Ltd.
01474 780282 ext 1 viewings.
Currently at Walton on Naze. Essex.
Please contact Graham Knight at 01473 780286
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 38 ft 3 in
Beam: 11 ft 1 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 8 in
Total Power: 43 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo
Year Built: 1989
Engine Model: 2003
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 43 HP
Number of single berths: 2
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 1
• Aft cockpit layout, with total of 7 berths. Headroom 1.85m (6'1")
• FORECABIN. Two singles in V berth or one double with infil. Good stowage and hanging lockers.
• SALOON. U-settee to port, with drop-leaf teak table with white laminate top. Settee berth starboard. Owner has cream painted in some areas to lighten interior away from dark wood.
• GALLEY to port. L-shaped with white tops, gimballed cooker installed 2010, double ss sink..
• CHART TABLE, and Heads compartment to starboard.
• AFT CABIN to port, with double berth with 2 opening port lights recently fitted.
• Aft cockpit with steering pedestal, windscreen.
• SMEV Cooker with four burners, oven and grill installed 2009
• Frigoboat 12v fridge installed 2015
• Crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils
• Pioneer CD,radio and cassette player
• Hot water via calorifier and immersion heater
• Air vents on all hatches
Hull, Deck, Safety & Canvas
• Construction GRP hull, deck and coachroof.
- Sprayhood and cockpit awning in tired condition.*
• Medium long encapsulated keel and skeg and hull epoxy treated from new.
• Hull underwater section rubbed down to original GRP and re-epoxied with 6 coats in 2011
• Original- teak ring deck, coachroof & cockpit.Owner has replaced some dowels.
• Aft cockpit with fixed screen.
• Wheel steering
Hull No 173
1989 Build to Lloyds standards
• Fixed cockpit screen with sprayhood- 2004
• Full cockpit enclosure 2004
• Anchors- One 20kg Bruce ,One 14kg Britanny, One 10kg Delta
• 50m of 10mm chain
• Lofrans Cayman 1000w windlass
• Aluminium passarelle and S/S swimming ladder
• Crane for outboard engine
• Wooden cockpit table
• Hot and cold cockpit shower
• Emergency tiller
• Electric and manual bilge pumps
Some areas of teak deck having replacement dowls.
White hull with blue feature stripe, teak decks and cockpit.
- Manual bilge pump
- 2 no. electric bilge pumps.
Rigging & Sails
• S/S standing rigging 2002.
Alloy mast and boom
• In-mast roller furling mainsail and Gowen Ocean 135% roller furling Genoa, 2005.
Running Rigging 2005
• 27 sq.m. storm jib.Gowen
Cruising Chute Jeckells 2005.• Gas boom vang
• Removable inner forestay
• Four Andersen self tailing stainless steel winches, 2x 46, 2x 12.
- Cockpit cover Gowen 2007.
• Original fit -Volvo 2003 model Turbo 43 hp fresh water cooled marine diesel engine.
• Five batteries, 500ah total 12v dc new 2005 and 220v mains
• Sterling 50 Amp Battery Charger, new 2005
Recent water pump.
- Mounts replaced.
• Simrad IS12 Instrument pack 2010 (Depth, speed and wind)
• Simrad Digital VHF RD68 Radio 2010
• Simrad AP16 hydraulic autopilot 2005
• Suunto binnacle compass 2005
• Furuno GPS 30 2002
• Furuno 1622 radar 2002
• Barometer and two clocks
• Plastimo hand bearing compass
• Sony ICF7600 world receiver
Pioneer radio casette.
- Sony FM/LW radio.
Precious Marine Ltd offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer. Some websites that link to us may not drag the full information across please feel free to click the link and ask for the full inventory. www.preciousmarine.co.uk - +44 (0)1473 780286 - # Fixed Price Brokerage