1989 Island Packet 35
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Rock Hall, MD
- Hull Material:
- Last Listed Price:
- US$ 79,900
This Island Packet 35 has been well cared for and maintained. She is equipped for offshore and pleasure cruising. Her owner has thoughtfully taken care of her interior and exterior features and equipment.
A very clean vessel with nice fabrics, cushions, canvas and covers. Her interior and exterior woodwork and teak is in great condition.
Kindred Spirits interior plan is conducive to extended cruising, living and entertaining with a large galley, spacious head and roomy cabins.
Kindred Spirits can be easily sailed and single handed. Her cutter rig offers a variety of sail use and management with all her lines led aft to the cockpit.
She is seaworthy, comfortable, accommodating and offers plenty of storage throughout.
Her impressive logs prove her to be a worthy cruise vessel with a fine pedigree, good care and a multitude of capabilities.
TEAK REFINISHED OCTOBER 2018!
Contact Ed Kurowski
Cell Phone : 443-480-3616 or EMail: email@example.com
About Ed Kurowski : I have worked in the yacht sales industry for 35 years and have handled national and international transactions for new builds, imports, new and brokerage vessels while leading an award winning sales and service team. My years and experiences have provided me with a solid background in negotiations, customer service, technical advice, outfitting solutions, financial recommendations and insurance referrals with a life long commitment to my customers.
My enthusiasm for yachting aboard quality cruising boats and logging over 40,000 sea miles translates into an approach that will help you select and equip your boat for comfortable and safe ownership and voyages.
I have the ability to perform for my clients who share the same high standards and desires that I do. I treat you, your vessel and transaction in the way that you deserve in a timely, conscientious, consistent and exacting manner.
Please contact Ed & Robin Kurowski at 443 480-3616
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 38 ft 0 in
Beam: 12 ft 0 in
LWL: 30 ft 0 in
Length on Deck: 35 ft 4 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 6 in
Displacement: 17500 lbs
Ballast: 8000 lbs
Total Power: 35 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 3HM35F
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 720
Engine Power: 35 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (90 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (48 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (15 Gallons)
The Island Packet 35 provides exceptional cruising and livability in 35 feet. Belowdecks a tri-cabin layout is suited for extended periods and any float plans.
A spacious forward stateroom contains a large V-berth, ample storage and a large cedar lined hanging locker with separate access to the head compartment.
The head has a separate shower stall with a teak seat, shower curtain and mounted shower unit. Deluxe vanity with stainless steel sink, abundant lighting and good ventilation.
The large main salon includes facing settees, a fold down bulkhead table with bottle and storage rack behind. The port settee pulls out to provide a double berth. The adjacent full size nav station faces aft for easy communication. There are large storage drawers for charts and accessories.
The wrap around U-shaped galley with ample storage and counter space, is spot on for the casual, gourmet and cruising chefs.
Topside, the 35 is Island Packet traditional with large unobstructed decks, wide recessed bulkwarks, hand rails and safety features. She's an able cutter rig with an easily handled sail plan and handsome stable bowsprit and platform. All control lines are led to the cockpit for ease of use and safety.
The cockpit is large enough to provide comfortable and rigorous cruising, sailing or sleeping. The rack and pinion steering is noted for sensitivity, smooth control and exceptional reliability. Cavernous lockers and an insulated ice box are within easy reach.
A cockpit shower and folding swim ladder are both convenient and pleasurable.
Yanmar 3HM35F, fresh water cooled.
Engine hours are 719.75 on a completely rebuilt engine.
The engine was removed and rebuilt in 2009. The 2009 rebuild included:
- Fuel management system with dual filters
- New pistons
- New sleeves
- New injector pump
- New injectors
- New water pump
- New fuel pump
- New oil pump
- Fuel : 1 X 48 gallons
- Holding : 1 X 15 gallons (Replaced in 2016)
- Freshwater : 1 x 90 gallons
Hull, Deck & Cockpit
- Max-Prop feathering prop
- Hull was sand blasted and 5 coats of Interlux 2000 E barrier coat applied (2013)
- Lifelines replaced (2013)
- Kato Davits
- Kato engine hoist system for outboard
- Caribe 9' rib dinghy (2005)
- Mercury 4 HP 4-stroke outboard (2016)
- Leather covered steering wheel
- Teak cockpit grate
- Handheld, cordless, rechargeable spot light
- LED cockpit light
- Collapsible anchoring ball
- Collapsible motoring cone
- Stainless BBQ grill
- (4) large fenders
- (1) round fender
- 35 LB CQR anchor
- 22 LB Danforth anchor
- 10 LB Danforth anchor aft
- Rode material : 70' of 5/16 chain, 1/2 inch nylon, 150' on bow, 20' chain and rode for secondary anchor and 10' chain and rode for aft anchor
- Dual anchor rollers with chain locks
Canvas, Sails & Rigging
- Isomat anodized mast, boom and staysail club boom
- Staysail is self-tending
- Whisker pole mounted on mast car
- Oversized Lewmar winches with 3 winch handles
- Gaurhauer rigid vang
- Preventor with jam cleat
- Profurl furling on jib and staysail
- Radar reflector
- Loos rigging gauge
- New England Ropes slicing kit
- (3) Wind scoops
- Dodger and bimini with connecting panel
- (2) Winch covers
- Screens for ports and hatches
- 150 North genoa
- Sobstad full batten main with 3 sets of reefs
- Sobstad staysail
- Lazy jacks
- Spare set of sails (main and 130% genoa)
- Gennaker with sock and ATN Tacker
- Winter cover with sand bag weights (Sunbrella tan)
Electronics, Audio, Communications & Navigation
- Binoculars with compass
- Autohelm ST50 speed and depth
- Radar reflector
- Raytheon 6000+ below deck autopilot with rotary drive
- Raytheon Tridata repeater and remote for autopilot
- VHF radio
- Kenwood AM/FM, CD, USB, with Aux input
- Bose powered main salon speakers
- Island Packet Ritchie Globemaster cockpit compass
- Bilge alarm
- Holding tank monitor
- 120 Amp Power Max high output alternator with custom belt tensioning system
- 2 Battery banks : #1 (2) 4D gel cell house batteries #2 (1) Group 31 deep discharge
- Honda 1000 AC generator (2016)
- Kisae 2000 watt pure sign wave inverter (2014)
- 15 gallon holding tank (Replaced 2016)
- Espar Airtonic D4 diesel heater, provides forced air ducted heat to all 3 cabins and head (2016)
- 50' 30 AMP shore power cable
- SeaWard Galley Stove (3 burners and oven/broiler)
- Crosby refrigeration (compressor and new motor 2016)
- Adler/Barbour cold plate/freezer
- Double sink
- Culligan house water system filter
- (2) Aluminum propane tanks in external deck compartment
- Jacklines : (2) harnesses and tethers
- 6 PFDs
- 1 throwable life ring
- First Aid kit
- Flare gun and flares
- Emergency flag
- (2) Fire extinguishers
- Manual bilge pump
- Automatic bilge pump
- Shower/bilge pump
- High water bilge alarm
Ships Spares, Books and Guides
- 3 injectors (rebuilt)
- Fresh water pump
- Fuel pump
- Impellers for salt water pump
- Gasket set for 3HM35 engine
- Belts for alternator and refrigeration
- Edson bronze steering quadrant and bracket
- Dahl and Yanmar fuel filters
- 4 motor mounts
- Engine hoses
- Prop puller
- Max Prop grease kit
- Staysail stay
Books & Guides
- Complete set of Island Packet owners manuals, guides and systems documentation
- Yanmar operating, service and parts manuals
- Exceptional collection of documentation for all optional equipment
- Detailed maintenance log and receipts for all major work
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from S&J Yachts
Fort Pierce, FL, United States
Baltimore, MD, United States
Annapolis, MD, United States
Newport, RI, United States
Palmetto, FL, United States
Rock Hall, MD, United States