1989 Hallberg-Rassy 94 Kutter
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Barcaldine, Argyll & Bute, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 44,950 (US$ 57,621)
Built by Hallberg Rassy in 1989, "NORDIC TERN' is a later example of this popular motor sailor which has proven to be every bit as capable as her larger stablemates.
The Kutter 94 offers the best of both worlds combining a powerful 43hp Volvo turbo diesel with good sailing performance while offering the kind of build quality one has come to expect from Hallberg Rassy. With a partially enclosed wheel house and long keel design the boats are perfectly suited to sailing on the West Coast of Scotland. Inventory highlights include:
- Raymarine Plotter and Radar.
- Raymarine Navigation Instruments.
- Professionally painted topsides and sheerband.
- Fully restored teak deck, recaulked and sanded 2017/18.
Wintering ashore she is ready to be re-commissioned and launched for the 2019 season. Lying North Argyll.
Please contact Mark Cameron at +44 (0)7988763254
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Olle Enderlein / Christoph Rassy
LOA: 9.40 m
Beam: 3.25 m
LWL: 8.55 m
Minimum Draft: 1.15 m
Maximum Draft: 1.15 m
Displacement: 5200 kgs
Ballast: 1800 kgs
Bridge Clearance: 12.22 m
Total Power: 43 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo Penta
Year Built: 1989
Engine Model: 2003T
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 2630
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 43 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 1 Stainless steel (250 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: 2 Stainless steel (250 Liters)
Holding Tanks: 1
Number of heads: 1
Electrical Circuit: 12V
What The Builders Said....
Hallberg-Rassy 94 Kutter was built during 1981 - 1994. A total of 195 hulls were built. The Hallberg-Rassy 94 Kutter is a charming motor sailor and a departure from the range of other Hallberg-Rassy yachts. The hull reminds of the beautiful lines of a traditional Swedish fishing boat, but has a more pronounced keel. The 94 has a fuller hull than other Hallberg-Rassy designs from this era and a canoe stern and a full keel.SAILS SURPRISINGLY WELL FOR HER TYPE
The cockpit has a steering house, which has been available in two different versions with different angling of the windscreen. The sail area is rather moderate for a 31 footer but she sails surprisingly well for her type. She tacks well even in a light breeze without help of the engine. There are Hallberg-Rassy 94s who have crossed the Atlantic. The Volvo Penta engine is generous. The interior has four very good berths and ample stowage.'
Although regarded as the baby of the fleet the Hallberg-Rassy 94 Kutter still boasted the build quality and attention to detail for which the Swedish builders are renowned.
- Single piece GRP moulded hull, hand consolidated solid GRP.
- Moulded full-length keel with encapsulated ballast.
- Skeg hung, full depth rudder.
- Moulded rubbing strake with brass coping.
- Hull finished in two-pack paint with iconic blue sheerband.
- Painted with blue antifouling below the waterline.
- Single piece GRP moulding with integrated cockpit and doghouse.
- Sandwich construction with 25mm polyvinyl foam core.
- Traditional Bangkok Teak laid decks on side decks, cockpit sole and seating.
- Decks full re-furbished and re-caulked 2017/18.
- Deck stiffened in way of mast-step.
- Mouldings finished in original off-white gelcoat.
Spars and Rigging
- Deck-stepped, masthead sloop rig.
- Selden single spreader, silver anodised alloy mast.
- Standing rigging of stainless steel 1x19 wire with chromed bronze bottle screws. Standing rigging replaced completely in 2008.
- Furlex roller reefing system on forestay for the genoa.
- Slab reefing mainsail, lazy jacks fitted for stowing sail.
- All halyards and reefing lines handled at the mast.
- Block and tackle type kicker.
- Running rigging all replaced 2011, halyards replaced in 2018.
- Mast mounted Firdell 'Blipper' radar reflector.
- Mast mounted 2kw Raymarine Radome.
- Fully rigged for a spinnaker.
- LED Navigation lights.
- Primary Winches - 2x Lewmar 30, two speed, self-tailing.
- Mast Mounted Halyard Winches - 2x Lewmar 16, single speed.
- Mast Mounted Reefing Winch - 1x Lewmar 8, single speed.
- Mainsail - White Dacron. Fully battened, slab reefing, two reefs.
- Genoa - White Dacron with blue UV Strip. Roller reefing. (2015)
- Spinnaker - Symmetrical spinnaker.
- Storm Jib - Orange heavy weight fabric. Never used.
- Cockpit Cover - Blue canvas with stainless steel hoop aft.
Mooring and Ground Tackle
- Bower Anchor - CQR Plough anchor on 50m chain rode. Additional 10m extension fitted with stainless steel joining link.
- Electric Anchor Windlass - Lofrans electric windlass with foot button controls. Windlass stripped down and fully serviced 2018.
- Mooring Warps - Selection
- Fenders - Selection
- Boat Hook
- Stainless steel pulpit and pushpit rails.
- Toerail mounted stainless steel stanchions supporting plastic coated guardwires.
- Laid teak decks with moulded toerail running the length of the deck outboard.
- Solid teak capping rail.
- Double bow roller with anchor self-stowing in the roller to starboard.
- Deck mounted alloy mooring cleats forward and aft.
- Panama style fairleads forward.
- Teak grab rail running the length of the coachroof.
- Stainless steel swan neck fitting for leading mast wiring below decks.
- GRP moulded doghouse with glass windows. Central window opening.
- Deep, self-draining cockpit, open at the aft end.
- Coaming mounted primary winches.
- Helm station forward to starboard with helmsman's seat.
- Cockpit lockers beneath cockpit seating, port and starboard.
- Depth Sounder - Raymarine ST60+
- Log - Raymarine ST60+
- Wind Instrument - Raymarine ST60+
- Plotter - Raymarine C80 Classic MFD with plotter and radar functionality.
- Radar - Raymarine 2kw, mast mounted radome.
- GPS - Raymarine Raystar 125 active GPS antenna.
- VHF - Icom M411 DSCVHF
- Hand Held VHF - Standard Horizon HX870
- Magnetic Compass
- Freshwater System - Full pressurised hot and cold water system. New water pump fitted 2018. Faucets in galley and heads with shower in heads also. Hot water provided from stainless steel engine heated calorifier, with 240v immersion heater.Twin stainless steel water tanks providing combined capacity of 300ltrs.
- Manual Freshwater Faucet - Manually pumped freshwater faucet at galley sink.
- Galley Stove - Optimus, 2 burner and oven gas cooker.
- Refrigerator - Top loading fridge below galley worktop with ice box. Air cooled compressor.
- Heating - Eberspacher 3D. Diesel fired, blown air system.
- Heads - Jabsco 'twist & lock' manual marine toilet. (2018) currently plumbed to discharge overboard only.
- Shore Power System - Hardwired, RCD protected system. Ring main, battery charger and immersion heater.
- Lighting - Full LED lighting below decks.
With Hallbery Rassy's reputation for quality "NORDIC TERN" is no exception with a high standard of interior fit out throughout. The use of high-quality solid mahogany, finished in a deep satin varnish creating a very traditional and cosy feel to the living space. Below decks the boat still appears fresh and lightly used.
Forward Cabin - Double V-berth with infill section converting to a full-width double. With the infill removed a clear standing area is provided aft. Storage is provided in shelves running the full length of the berth along the hull side. A large opening deck hatch floods the cabin with natural light. Bin type lockers beneath the bunks.
Heads - Generously proportioned for a boat of this size. Appointed with Jabsco manual marine toilet, discharging overboard only. A holding tank is fitted however not currently in commission. Porcelain wash hand basin and vanity unit. Hot and cold running water and shower head makes life aboard comfortable for crew.
Saloon - Very traditional feeling with lots of satin varnish high-quality joinery work. Light pours in through the portlights creating the illusion of being on a far larger boat. Bench style settees run down either side of the cabin with the drop leaf saloon table being centrally mounted in the cabin. Both seating units convert into generously sized single berths with the seat back lifting up to provide additional width. Both saloon settee berths are fitted with lee cloths and serve as good sea berths when on passage. Storage is provided throughout the saloon with a variety of lockers for necessary provisions.
Galley - Aft of the main saloon to starboard. L-shaped galley with double stainless steel sink, 2 burner gas cooker with oven, top loading fridge and a good assortment of storage lockers.
Nav Station - Opposite galley to port. Chart table outboard, designed for standing at. VHF mounted overhead with Raymarine plotter mounted outboard of working table. Chart storage within table and locker space beneath.
- Battery Charger - Cetrek unit with remote control panel and indicator gauge.
- Manual Bilge Pump - Located in cockpit.
- Electric Bilge Pump - Auto and manual switching.
- Bilge Alarm - Audible buzzer activated when pump automatically switches on.
- Fuel Gauge - Analogue gauge for main tank only.
- Tender - Yam280STI inflatable dinghy
- Outboard - Yamaha 2.5hp four-stroke.
- Windscreen Wipers - Starboard and central doghouse windows.
- Boarding Ladder - Transom mounted, extending below the waterline.
- Bow Boarding Ladder - Stainless steel, HR supplied.
Engine & Systems
The engine is located within a large dedicated machinery space beneath the cockpit sole. Access if provided by lifting the cockpit sole and/or removing the companionway steps.
- Volvo Penta 2003T, 43hp marine diesel engine.
- 3 cylinder, turbo-charged, indirectly cooled.
- Volvo Penta down angle, mechanical gearbox.
- Recorded running hours @March 2019 - 2630hrs
- Engine serviced autumn 2018.
- Exhaust injection elbow replaced 2015, new spare item aboard.
- Duplex fuel filtration system with Racor and CAV type filters.
- Volvo Penta rubber sterngland seal.
- Stainless steel propeller shaft.
- Fixed 3 blade, bronze propeller.
- Rope cutter mounted at prop.
- Twin stainless steel fuel tanks, standard 150ltr tank with an additional 100ltr tank.
- Cable-driven steering system - serviced 2017/18
- Bronze quadrant, stainless steel cables
- Varnished tiller fixed to rudder stock head for emergency steering.
- Engine Battery Bank - 1x 12v, 72Ah lead acid (2018)
- Domestic Battery Bank - 3x 12v 105Ah lead acid (2018)
In this case we are acting as brokers only.
The Owner is not selling in the course of a business. whilst every care has been taken in their preparation, the correctness of these particulars is not guaranteed. The Purchaser is strongly advised to check the particulars and where appropriate at their expense to employ a qualified Marine Surveyor to carry out a survey and/or to have an engine trial conducted which if conducted by us shall not imply any liability for such engine on our part.
This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Mark Cameron Yachts
Ardfern, Argyll & Bute, United Kingdom