1988 Dyer Hard Top
- View Full Specifications
Price just reduced
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Westerly, RI
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 89,500
- Sale Pending
Price reduced to encourage Winter sale! Beautiful boat....available to be seen at your convenience.
"Mischief" has continually been upgraded, virtually the entire yacht has been systematically redone, and most parts have been replaced with new. This rare 1988 Dyer Hardtop Model has been cared for professionally, stored indoors off-season and in the water for only two to three months per year. This boat is in exceptional condition and was previously appraised "better than new". If you are seriously looking for a Dyer 29, a visit to see her would be very worthwhile.
Recent improvements completed during 2018/19 off-season include:
- Dyer replaced both fuel tanks with Luther aluminum tanks (top of the line)
- Engine was removed to replace tanks. Engine motor mounts were replaced and all new insulation was installed in the engine room. She is very quiet.
- Removed and replaced gaskets on thermostat housing
- All engine hoses, wiring and ball valves replaced and upgraded
- Removed and replaced holding tank waste hoses
- Removed plastic thru-hulls - replaced with bronze
- Installed beautiful stern seat with new cushions as well as teak fender holders below
- Replaced auto bilge pumps with 4000 gph Johnson pumps
Also of note, a new bow thruster was installed in 2015 along with many other improvements. Please click on FULL SPECS for additional information and photographs. Available to be seen at your convenience.
Please contact Brigid Rooney Hall, CPYB at (401) 596 8815
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 29 ft 0 in
Beam: 9 ft 5 in
Total Power: 200 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo
Engine Model: TAMD-41
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 2400
Engine Power: 200 HP
Fuel Tanks: 2 Aluminum (65 Gallons)
Number of heads: 1
"Mischief" has received the best of care over the years. Her current owner has made many upgrades during 2018/19 off season including:
- Replaced plastic thru-hulls with bronze thru-hulls.
- Dyer installed beautiful stern seat with new cushions.
- New teak fender racks under stern seat.
- Installed Adirondack style teak backrests.
- New burgee socket installed on pulpit.
- Fuel tanks replaced by Dyer - 65 gallons each, Luther aluminum tanks.
- All new insulation installed in engine room. (she is very quiet)
- Replaced engine mounts.
- Replaced gaskets on thermostat housing.
- Replaced holding tank waste hoses
- V-berth insert replaced
A summary of some of the improvements made previously include:
- New Bow Thruster (2015)
- Raymarine ST40 speed and depth instruments (2009)
- Sony CD player (2009)
- Quick anchor windlass with foot controls on bow.
- New navigation lights.
- New portlights.
- Twin Racor 500 fuel filter manifold.
- Prop reconditioned (2012).
- Raymarine 120 with 4kw Radome (2009).
- Raymarine VHF (2009).
- New exhaust including mufflers (2009)
Interior is off white set off with varnished teak and louvered doors. Teak and holly cain sole. The roomy V-berth receives plenty of light and ventilation provided by a large hatch
and opening portlights (with screens). 6’ 1” headroom in cabin. Cabin lights throughout. Storage space under the berth and outboard shelving. To aft and port is the galley; aft and starboard is an enclosed head with hanging locker. The helm deck in the cockpit under the roof can be fully enclosed with canvas curtains with windows.
Hull is solid hand laid fiberglass, deck is hand laid fiberglass with balsa core. The SS bow rail extends around the teak anchor pulpit which carries the 25 lb CQR plow anchor. The windshield is varnished teak and the opening forward windows were removed and rebedded in 2016. The sliding windshield side glass tracks were replaced in 2016. In 2016 all exterior teak was stripped, sanded, sealed, followed by 8 coats of gloss varnish.
The hull was painted in Awlgrip Forest Green in 2009. Cockpit sole and main deck was painted in 2008 with Awlgrip Moondust. Exterior SS grabrails on hardtop and cabin top. Custom teak swim platform. Fiberglass hardtop.
- Origo 2000 alcohol stove.
- Whale Gusher sink pump.
- Stainless steel sink.
- Isotherm 12V/110 refrigerator.
- Corian counter top.
- Mooring windshield cover.
- Aft of house curtain enclosure with vinyl windows, seat covers, all Sunbrella fabric.
- Stainless steel Destroyer wheel type.
- Pedestal helm and companion seats.
- Morse Command steering cable steering system
- Volvo Penta TAMD41A diesel engine (200HP, fresh water cooled, with MS4A Series 1.93: drive gear).
- Approximately 2,400 hours. Engine survey completed June of 2017 confirmed 2,242 hours and she has seen very light use since
- New engine mounts in 2019
- New engine room insulation 2019 - very quiet running boat
- Stainless steel shaft new in 2012.
- 18×17 Michigan Dyna Quad Prop.
- Fiberglass drip pan under engine, high capacity bilge blower and Morse controls.
- Custom engine enclosure box
- Engine room Halon Automatic Fire Extinguishing system, 2 fire extinguishers
- Two Lifeline 4D gel cell batteries
- Truecharge 20 battery charger
- Selector/isolator battery switch
- Marinetics AC and DC circuit breaker panels
- 30 AMP 110V shore power hook-up
- Navigation lights
- 12v cabin lights
- Three auto bilge pumps with separate on-off-auto switches.
- Hand pump fresh water in galley and head with Stainless Steel sink
- Fresh water tank aprox. 25 gal.
- Manual bilge pump in cockpit
- Electric head with holding tank and discharge (2014).
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Watch Hill Yacht Services, LLC
Watch Hill, RI, United States
Westerly, RI, United States
Westerly, RI, United States
Westerly, RI, United States
Watch Hill 15
Noank, CT, United States