1988 Custom Echo 38 Tug
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Wilmington, NC
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 82,000
PRICED TO SELL
(LOCATION: Wilmington NC) This Echo 38 Tug / Trawler features unusual style, unique space, and un-compromised stability. CHUG is based upon a commercial steel tugboat but serves well as a private yacht. Her steel hull and deck and aluminum pilothouse enclose a wood finished interior. Never judge a book by its cover.
On deck we have all the appearances of a commercial tug. Forward we have a walk around main deck. Moving back we feature the pilothouse, salon, and covered aft deck. There is ample deck space for fishing, relaxing, or entertaining.
The pilothouse is the focal point of this yacht. Large windows provide forward and side views. The helm station has a classic wood wheel surrounded by modern electronics. There is a long settee for guest seating. Side doors provide deck access. Down and forward is a comfortable stateroom with V-berth, ample storage, and head with vanity and shower. Down and aft is a roomy salon with with full galley, twin settees/berths, drop leaf table, and access to a covered aft deck.
CHUG is equipped with a Super 135 Lehman diesel engine for long-lasting dependable power with a trawler-like economy. Mechanical features include a Westerbeke 4.4 diesel generator, Domestic Air reverse cycle HVAC, and a Vetus bow thruster. Foredeck features include bow pulpit, two plow anchors, and power windlass. This tug/yacht has a unique style, is well equipped, has been well maintained, and is ready to cruise. Call now for more information and to schedule a showing of this custom Echo 38 Steel Tug.
PREMIUM LISTINGS NEEDED FOR QUALIFIED BUYERS.
Contact Dave at the number below.
If you would like more information
or to schedule a showing of this vessel
Please call or e-mail
Captain Dave Werning
Let me help sell your boat or find your dream boat.
HAVE YOU EVER CONSIDERED A CAREER IN YACHT SALES?
To discuss a position with a premier broker, speak with Peter today at 866-375-7281.
Please contact Captain Dave Werning at 877-901-BOAT
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Howard Bailey Yacht Works
Designer: Dudley Dix Yacht Design
LOA: 38 ft 1 in
Beam: 12 ft 5 in
Maximum Draft: 3 ft 6 in
Displacement: 26800 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 15 ft 6 in
Total Power: 135 HP
Engine Brand: Ford Lehman
Engine Model: Super 135
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 2500
Engine Power: 135 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (140 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (350 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (54 Gallons)
Number of heads: 1
- New fire extinguishers
- New bilge pumps, switches and wiring
- Air horns w/ compressor
- Engine room insulation/sound deadening
- New salon mattresses (2 twins)
- Davit post installed (no pole or arm)
- Garmin 4012, 18' color radar, 600w transducer, engine room camera VHF
- Search light w/ remote
- Dickinson “Newport” Cabin heater (LP)
- Salon radiant heat system (engine coolant water) with 3 speed blower
- AM/FM/CD w/ bridge speakers
- Swim platform w/ folding 3 step ladder
Electrical & Mechanical
- Powered by one (1) Lehman SP-135 (Super 135) 390 cubic inch ford industrial diesel 6 cylinder
- Enclosed cooling system w/ New heat exchangers (3) Coolant, Oil, Transmission
- Borg Warner Model 10 Velvet Drive transmission
- Domestic Marine Air Systems 16k btu HVAC w/ Smart Start capacitor
- Westerbeke 4.4bcd diesel generator
- Dedicated DeepCycle starting battery
- Fuel Polishing system: Reverso FPS-90
- Bow thruster: Vetus model 6012D 185mm w/ 2 dedicated DeepCycle batteries
- Windlass w/ foot switch and dedicated DeepCycle battery
- Batteries charged by main engine isolator
Main starting, house (2), generator starting, windlass
- Batteries charged w/ 110v
Main starting bow thruster, house (2), generator starting
- All batteries trickle charged by Pro Mariner Pro Sport 20 2 & 3 Bank chargers
- Microwave (110V)
- 3 burner stove/ oven (LP gas)
- Refrigerator (12/120v)
- Fume detector w/ LP shutoff solenoid valve
- Hot water heater (110v) ~12 gal
- Counter top – solid surface w/ new sink & faucet
New / rebuilt / repaired
New / rebuilt/ repaired 04/17 :
- Shaft cutlass bearings (2) & pillow block bearing (all new)
- PSS dripless shaft seal (new)
- Prop- straightened, trued and balanced
- Shaft- trued and balanced
- All hull & rudder zincs replaced
- Hull blasted to bare 04/17
- InterProtect 2000E Epoxy primer 2+ coats (Interlux)
- Micron 66 Anti fouling paint 2+ coats (Interlux)
- Ultrasonic testing of hull (results attached) 04/17
- Repairs made to the 3 areas of concern- Port side day tank, Keel at aft fuel tank, Hull at transducer No other problem areas identified.
- Rudder shaft seal packing replaced and stuffing box housing replaced
- Electrical - Most 12v & 120v distribution wire replaced w/ Ancor tinned wiring.
- Access to remove main engine or generator easily w/o any damage to hull or structure.
- Spares on board- Water pump(s), filters, gaskets, fuel lines, water & fuel hoses (Caribbean Cruising)
- Anchors (2) 22 kilo plow anchors each w/ 300'+ line (3/4” & 5/8”)
- Full assortment of large fenders ample dock/ mooring lines (1”)
- Was scheduled for waterline up painting in 2018 but did not happen due to Hurricane Florence.
- 2014 some repairs to the steel, a survey & ultrasonic test from 10/2019 indicates everything is within specs.
- Test & survey done in 10/19
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from World Class Yacht Sales, Inc.
Puerto Penasco, Mexico