1988 Freedom Yachts Sloop
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Kennebunkport, ME
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 17,500
VESSEL MUST BE SOLD
This Freedom 28 is a very clean, easy to sail sloop, built in 1988. Extras include an autopilot, a handheld GPS map, Dodger, sail covers and bimini, self-tailing winches, and much more. Call for full details and for an inspection of this very well maintained sloop.
Annie Gray is a longstanding YBAA member, offering 43 years of experience in assisting clients in the purchase or sale of high quality yachts of distinction.
Please call Annie at 207-363-7997 or on her cell at 603-498-3450.
Please contact Annie Gray at 207-363-7997
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Freedom Yachts
Designer: Freedom Yachts
LOA: 28 ft 0 in
Beam: 10 ft 3 in
LWL: 23 ft 4 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 6 in
Displacement: 6370 lbs
Ballast: 2450 lbs
Total Power: 18 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar diesel
Engine Model: 2GM
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 18 HP
Fuel Tanks: (17 Gallons)
HULL & DECK:
• White hull, blue boottop, green bottom; deck is white with light gray non-skid.
ENGINE: Yanmar 2GM 18 hp diesel, FWC.
Fuel: 17 gallons.
Water: 40 gallons in 2 tanks.
Holding: Approximately 16 gallons.
ACCOMMODATIONS: This interior is finished traditionally in oiled teak with ash ceiling battens. The layout sleeps five with a vee berth forward, a quarter berth aft to port and settee berths in the main salon. A head/shower is located to port aft of the forward cabin. A bulkhead mounted two leaf table folds up out of the way or down to seat 5 for dinner. A navigator’s table is located between the quarter berth and the port settee, and also can be folded out of the way for extended sleeping. A galley is located to starboard adjacent to the companionway. Numerous opening portlights and 3 deck hatches provide excellent light and ventilation down below. Galley includes a two burner propane stove with oven, a deep stainless steel sink, hot and cold pressure water from two water tanks, a water heater that works from 110 AC and engine heat exchanger, and a 5 cu. ft. icebox. A unique spring loaded trap door in the bulkhead accesses a waste basket out in the cockpit.
• 12V DC and 110V AC systems on board controlled by custom electric breaker panel located at navigation station.
• Battery selector switch.
• 2 batteries.
• Bonding system.
• Macerator pump for holding tank discharge.
• Overboard Y-valve for manual head.
• VHF radio-Horizon Standard.
• Compass at helm.
• 2002 Simrad autopilot with remote,
• GPS Garmin 175 Map.
Continued on page 2
PEA GREEN 28´ Freedom Sloop Page 2
SAILS & RIGGING:
• Free Standing carbon fiber mast with fully battened mainsail and a self tending, self tacking camberspar jib. This boat is fast yet very easy to sail as all sail controls lead back to the cockpit.
• Reefing is single line and done completely from the safety of the cockpit.
• Main with full battened sails.
• Camberspar self-tending jib.
• Two Barient self-tailing winches.
• Coast Guard safety package.
• Fenders and docklines.
• 2 anchors with rodes.
• Teak cockpit table.
• 2002 waste hoses with Jabsco macerator and y-valve.
• Auto bilge pump.
• Wheel steering.
• Navy blue sail covers.
• Navy blue dodger.
• Navy blue bimini.
• Navy blue canvas wheel cover.
• Bow rail, stern rail and double lifelines with gates to port and starboard.
• Swim ladder on transom.
• Companionway hatch screens.
• Raw water strainer for engine.
COMMENTS: This Freedom 28 is a very clean, easy to sail sloop, built in 1988. Extras include a autopilot, a handheld GPS map, Dodger, sail covers and bimini, self-tailing winches, and much more. Call for full details and for an inspection of this very well maintained sloop.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.