1987 Nonsuch Ultra
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Vancouver, BC
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- Can$ 74,500 (US$ 54,966)
- Sale Pending
One of the most comfortable cruisers for the Pacific Northwest!
Nonsuch boats are fast, comfortable, safe and easily handled. Huge interior volume provides comfortable accommodation and the cat rig and long waterline afford remarkable performance under sail or power.
Contact Paul Shield at 604-240-7310 to arrange to see this vessel and learn more about Nonsuch boats.
Please contact Paul Shield at 604-240-7310
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Hinterhoeller Yachts
Designer: Mark Ellis
Flag of Registry: Canada
Hull Shape: Displacement
LOA: 34 ft 0 in
Beam: 11 ft 10 in
LWL: 28 ft 9 in
Length on Deck: 30 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 0 in
Displacement: 11500 lbs Half Load
Ballast: 4500 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 3 in
Total Power: 31 HP
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Year Built: 2004
Engine Model: W35D - Three
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 2200
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: V Drive
Engine Power: 31 HP
Cruising Speed: 6 knots @ 2000 RPM
Maximum Speed: 7 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: Plastic (86 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 Aluminum (30 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 Plastic (24 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 1
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 1
LOA including pulpit and swim grid: 34'
Ballast: 4500 lbs
Displacement: 11500 lbs
Westerbeke W36D - 31 hp, 3 cylinder, FWC diesel with approximately 2200 hours installed in 2004.
Cruising Speed: 6.0 knots.
Max Speed: 7.5 knots.
- ZF Marine gearbox - new 2017.
- Racor 500FG Series 10 micron primary fuel filter.
- ARG Series raw water intake strainer.
- PSS shaft seal replaced and upgraded to new version with water feed tube - 2006.
- New propeller shaft - 2017.
- AutoProp 3 blade bronze self-feathering propeller.
- Stainless steel exhaust elbow and all new hoses installed 2017.
Fuel: 30 US gallons - new tank 2020.
Fresh Water: 86 US gallons. New poly tanks in 2006.
Waste: 24 US gallons. New poly tank in 2006. Manual toilet pumps to holding tank. Holding tank can be pumped out through deck fitting to dockside sewage system or overboard via macerator pump.
The Ultra layout has a double berth cabin forward with an offset double berth to port and hanging locker and vanity to starboard.
The galley is in the port forward corner of the main salon area and features a stove with oven, icebox with refrigeration system, sink with hot/cold pressure water and cutlery, dish and pantry storage.
The head is opposite the galley to starboard with a separate stall shower. This well thought out arrangement enables separate head access at night from either the forward cabin or the main salon.
The main salon features an L-shaped settee with fixed table on the starboard side and a straight settee on the port side. The table can fold out to enable dinner seating on both sides of the salon.
The companionway to the cockpit is on centerline and leads to a large cockpit with high combings. On deck there are wide uncluttered side decks with boarding access gates on both sides.
Very comfortable accommodation for extended cruising in the Pacific Northwest.
- Gimbaled 2 burner Force 10 propane stove with oven.
- Icebox with 12 volt refrigeration system (custom-build - new in 2015).
- Stainless steel sink with pressure hot/cold water system.
- Isotherm hot water heating system - new in 2017. Heats off 120 VAC dockside power or engine cooling system manifold.
- Cutlery, dish and pantry storage.
- 12 volt DC ships service electrical system with master vapour proof switch and NOVA distribution panel with tabulated and fused breaker switches.
- 2 X 100 amp deep cycle AGM batteries - new 2015.
- 1 X 100 amp starting battery - new 2015.
- 54 amp alternator.
- 120 Volt AC dockside electrical power system with power cord, galvanic isolator, master breaker and tabulated and fused distribution panel.
- Xantrex TrueCharge 20+/40+Amp multistage battery charger with Victron Energy 602S battery monitor.
- 2 X 100 watt flexible solar panels mounted on top of dodger with Intelligent Solar Charge controller.
- Eliminator 1000W pure sine wave digital inverter.
- Garmin GPS 1024XSV chart plotter with BlueChart G2 and digital radar - new 2017/18.
- Garmin GMI20 speed/depth/wind system - new 2017/18.
- Garmin GHC20 autopilot with below deck quadrant drive unit - new 2017/18.
- AIT2000 Class B AIS transponder - new 2017/18.
- All systems integrated with NMEA 2000 network.
- Standard Horizon GX1256S VHF radio with cockpit RAM microphone/controller - new 2008.
- Ritchie binnacle compass.
- Jensen AM/FM/CD stereo with fader controlled cabin and cockpit speakers.
- Coastal Marine WiFi and Cell antennae with boosters, coupled to a WiFi router in the boat. Provides excellent internet service where available on BC coast.
- Electro Systems propane solenoid system with fume detector. Sensor mounted in bilge.
- 5 X 12 volt DC power points installed around interior.
Free standing spun tapered aluminum mast with wishbone boom. Mast was pulled in 2017 and carefully inspected by Blackline Marine.
- Added Tides Marine PVC sail track for reduced friction in raising and lowering mainsail - 2010.
- New main halyard, R/G mast light, new wishbone hangers and new mast boot - 2017.
- Replaced all wiring in mast and installed a terminal block at base for ease of servicing - 2017.
- Replaced reef lines.
- Mast tie-down strap.
- Installed new plastic mast wedges - 2015.
- Foot switch operated electric main halyard winch. 2 speed manual self-tailing halyard winch and halyard clutch allows use of electric or manual winch and safe and easy transition between them.
- Free standing spun tapered aluminum mast with wishbone boom.
- Lazy jack system on custom stackpack style mainsail system by Leitch & McBride Sails. Sail falls into cover and can be zipped up without sail ties. Sail and stackpack new 2018.
- Stainless steel pulpit, pushpit, stanchions and lifeline system.
- Upper and lower stainless steel wire lifelines - replaced in 2018 with larger wire (no vinyl cover) and includes two opening boarding sections on each side.
- Stainless steel bow sprit with anchor rollers.
- 12 kg Vulcan anchor with 70' of 4G 5/16" chain and 400' of 3/8" nylon line rode.
- 12 Kg Bruce spare anchor with 150' of nylon rode.
- Lofrans X2 - 1000 watt anchor windlass with foredeck foot switches and cockpit remote control - new 2016.
- Dodger with window masks. Full cockpit enclosure attaches to bimini and includes side and aft curtains. The enclosure adds wonderful cockpit living space for year 'round use. The enclosure can be removed easily and stored for sailing.
- Winter cover in sunbrella material that covers the cabin and outward toward deck edge.
- Custom stainless steel and star board swim grid with integral swim ladder and dinghy bracket system.
- 8' Walker Bay PVC dinghy. Attaches to swim grid brackets with weaver davit system and is hoisted to vertical position for travelling.
- Teak cockpit table and drink holders.
- Cockpit cushions from Bottomsider with removable Sunbrella covers.
- Edson wheel steering with quadrant and wire assembly. Binnacle with stainless steel guard, navpod for Garmin electronics system, wheel brake and stainless steel destroyer style steering wheel.
- Emergency tiller.
- Espar diesel forced air furnace with cabin outlet - new 2010.
- Water tanks and holding tank replaced with new PVC tanks from INA supplier in 2006.
- All interior reading lights (6) replaced with LED lights in 2016. Warm white lights with very low amperage draw.
- Bottom antifouled - 2020.
- Shaft Shark line cutter installed.
- Dark blue AwlGrip painted hull. Professionally buffed and in excellent condition. Gold trim stripes.
- Sea water/icebox drain foot pump at galley.
- Manual and electric bilge pumps.
- Hot and cold fresh water shower at stern.
- Hot water shower in head shower stall.
- Manual toilet pumps to holding tank. Holding tank can be pumped out through deck fitting to dockside sewage system or overboard via macerator pump.
- Hatch screens and opening port screens.
- Sea-B-Que propane barbeque.
- Two 10 lb fiberglass propane tanks with pressure gauge and solenoid system. Tanks new - 2018.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
International Nonsuch Association