1987 Mystic 60
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Lymington, Hampshire, United Kingdom
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- £ 199,950 Tax Paid (US$ 251,777)
From the board of German Frers, with stunning good looks and sparkling sailing. This Mystic 60 is perfect for bluewater. Her sailing abilities make her a great option for family regatta sailing too. Originally hatched in 1987 at Ta Shing, she had a total rebuild in 2001 at Berthon Boat Company including the replacement of refurbishment of all major systems, new paint and new decks. In her last two ownerships, she has been skipper maintained and this ownership has seen plenty of investment to make her a thoroughly 21st century yacht.
For more information on this vessel, please contact Sue Grant at our Lymington office on the numbers below.
Please contact Sue Grant at +44 (0)1590 679222
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Ta Shing Yacht Building Co.
Designer: German Frers
LOA: 60 ft 0 in
Beam: 16 ft 3 in
Minimum Draft: 8 ft 6 in
Displacement: 25129 kgs
Ballast: 10432 kgs
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 4LHA DTE
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Number of single berths: 8
Number of cabins: 4
Number of heads: 3
RCD Status: Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from the essential safety requirements of the Recreational Craft Directive as she was built and placed into use within the EU prior to 1998.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Foam sandwich construction with solid laminate below waterline.
- Hull and superstructure repainted Matterhorn White Awlgrip with green superstructure, cavita and bootop lines.
- Deck - foam sandwich construction overlaid with teak.
- Teak deck replaced with new 12mm teak 2001 including cockpit area.
Keel & Rudder:
- Ballast - the ballast keel is cast to high accuracy in lead with added antimony, through bolted to the hull with cast-in stainless steel bolts which are readily accessed.
- Rudder - the cantilevered balanced spade rudder is mounted on a small skeg for additional protection.
- The rudder is moulded from glass fibre on a stainless steel frame and rudder stock.
- The stock passes through massive bronze bearings and a stuffing box strongly bonded into the hull.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Yanmar 4LHA DTE, 4 cylinder diesel engine, 2001 including gearbox.
- Engine instrument panel is fitted at the pedestal, with single lever throttle/gear control and ventilation for engine and bilge.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine hours – approximately 1,269.3 as of March 2020
- Engine last serviced: Nov 2019.
- Cruising speed – approx 7 knots @ 1900rpm.
- Maximum speed – approx 9 knots @ 2500rpm.
- Fuel consumption at cruising speed – 7lts approx litres per hour.
- Range @ cruising speed – 6 tanks with total of 1,106 lts 150nm approx.
- Engine control and lever replaced (2018).
- All engine belts replaced (2017).
Propulsion & Steering:
- Vario-prop propeller.
- Large 'destroyer' type stainless steel wheel with teak rim, mounted on a custom pedestal, connected to the stainless steel quadrant by cable and protected Harken sheaves, rebuilt 2001, including new rudder fairings and rebuild of emergency tiller system.
- Steering wires replaced (2020).
- Cog for steering chain replaced (2020).
- Bow thruster drive leg replaced (2017).
- New cutlass bearing (2014).
- 12vDC/24vDC domestic system with 220v ring main from generator and/or shorepower.
- 24vDC Service batteries replaced (2017).
- 12vDC Sailing batteries replaced (2019).
- 2x 110Ah 12vDC engine start battery(ies) PowerMax
- 8x lead acid 500Ah.
- Engine batteries replaced (2018).
- 2x Rolls lead acid 350AH.
- Victron Energy multiplus 24v 3000Ah 70amp.
- Victron Blue smart charger 12v 20amp.
- Leech-Neville 175amp 24v.
- Kohler 10 kw generator with acoustic hood.
- Generator hours – approximately 562.3 as at March 2020
- Generator last serviced: Nov 2019.
- 220v shore power connection with 220v ring main.
- Pressurised hot and cold water throughout.
- Water heated by calorifier and 240v immersion heater.
- Deck wash system.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- 2x Jabsco Water system.
- Sea water deck wash.
- Sea Fresh H204AS 72 litres per hour.
- Jabsco 1950 submersible bilge pump.
- Henderson Mk V pump.
- Total capacity of 1,106 litres (243.28 gallons).
- 6 x Fuel tanks.
- All fuel tanks cleaned, refurbished and pressure tested in 2014
- Starboard forward tank 150 litres – 33 gallons.
- Starboard aft tank 150 litres - 33 gallons.
- Centre forward tank 220 litres – 48.39 gallons.
- Centre Aft (day tank) 208 litres – 45.75 gallons.
- Port forward tank 189 litres – 41.57 gallons.
- Port aft tank 189 litres - 41.57 gallons.
- Total capacity of 400 litres (87.99 gallons).
- 2 x 200 litres – 43.99 gallons.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- New grey water tank and piping 2001, all UVC piping was replaced in 2007 and 2 blue block systems were added.
- New forward grey tank sender and pump control 2020.
- Forward head inlet and outlet piping replaced (2020).
- B&G navigation instruments & 4G radar new 2014.
- 1 x B&G Triton T12 touch display.
- Throne & Throne Mini Satellite Phone.
- ICOM SSB ic-m710 GMDSS.
- B&G V50 VHF.
- Navtex NX-300.
- 3G speedroute WiFi.
- Constellation compass is fitted to the binnacle above engine instruments.
- 1 x B&G Triton T7 touch display.
- 4 x B&G Triton displays. one on helm in swivel pod.
- B&G wireless VHF Hand set and cradle charger.
- B&G auto pilot controls.
- Stereo control at helm.
- Force 10 Cooker (2017), within insulated, stainless steel sheathed space.
- The whole gas installation including gas bottle storage replaced to Corgi requirements; it was checked and certified 2007 with yearly inspection thereafter to present date.
- Stainless steel crash bar in front of stove.
- Panasonic microwave and grill.
- Plentiful dish and food stowage is provided on both sides of the galley and there are further lockers and drawers for cutlery, saucepans etc.
- 2 Stainless steel sinks, aft at end of U section, with single lever mixing tap and pressure hot and cold water, with back up fresh and salt water by foot pump.
- Removable rubbish container.
- Spice rack.
- Counter tops and work surfaces, which are Corian.
- Access to engine space from removable panels at inboard working surface.
- Fridge/freezer systems renewed (2014).
- Double front opening fridge above top opening deep freeze, both are approximately 8 cubic feet with a further drinks fridge forward of galley under mid table seating.
- An AC driven icemaker is fitted below the chart table.
- 3 electric Jabsco WCs and 3 showers in 3 heads compartments.
Heating & Ventilation:
- G&M Power reverse cycle air conditioning in the owners’ cabin (2001)
- Cruisair reverse cycle air condition in the main saloon (2007)
- Clarion M303 radio, CD, Blue tooth with helm control.
- Part LED.
Summary of Accommodation:
- For 8 people in 4 separate double cabins.
- The 2 forward cabins each have their own heads/shower compartments en-suite, rebuilt 2001 with Jabsco electric WCs.
- The forward bow cabin was re-modelled in 2018 to increase the space in it.
- The aft section of the yacht was rebuilt to accommodate a new layout with a spacious owner’s cabin in 2001. This also has an en-suite heads compartment
- The crew cabin forward has a Jack and Jill head and separate shower.
- Large comfortable saloon area with a dining area to seat 8 in comfort.
- The interior is executed in attractive ash veneer with rosewood inlays. This has all been restored. The main saloon was refinished 2003 using a white matt finish on the main bulkheads giving the yacht a light, spacious, airy feel.
- Cutter headed sloop rig with fully battened mainsail
- Proctor triple spreader stepped below deck.
- Standing rigging replaced (2020).
- New staysail furler (2018).
- New reefing lines (2018).
- Staysail cars refurbished (2018).
- Yankee cars and stoppers refurbished (2018).
- Chainplates were removed and renewed above decks 2007.
- Spinlock jammers were fitted to the mast.
- Running rigging replaced 2001.
- All winches and deck gear serviced (2020).
- 2 x Lewmar 50 winches; at mast – halyard control line.
- 1 x Lewmar 54 winch; at mast – halyard control line.
- 1 x Electric Andersen 52ST winch; at mast – halyard control line. new motor 2019
- 2 x Lewmar 44 winches; cockpit sheet.
- 2 x Barient 37 (electric) winches; Yankee sheets.
- 1 x Barient 28T winch; main sheet.
- 2 x Barient 32 winches; Runners.
- New Doyle Stratus Main sail (2018).
- New Doyle Stratus Yankee sail (2018).
- New Doyle Stratus Staysail (2018).
- Fully battened mainsail complete with 3 x reefs and Fredericksen car system.
- Staysail complete with painted sunstrip and luff padding.
- Staysail tracks refurbished (2020).
- Yankee complete with painted sunstrip and luff padding.
- Storm jib, orange Dacron with parrel beads.
- Cruising chute complete with new snuffer (2018).
- Pulpit, pushpit, stanchions and boarding gates.
- Lewmar roll stop hatches, all replaced with new perspex (2019).
- Pushpit folding seating
- Cockpit table in teak.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- 1 x 60lb CQR anchors 60m anchor chain (2016).
- 1 x Danforth anchor.
- Mooring warps.
- Electric windlass.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Cockpit cushions seating
- Helm cover
Tender & Outboard:
- Simpson stainless steel davits.
- New davit bases (2014).
- 1x 8 man liferaft (2017) serviced 2020.
Items excluded from the sale:
- All personal belongings and all other items not expressly listed in the above inventory.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Mystic 60, MATTERHORN @ Berthon.co.uk