1987 Jeanneau Sun Legende 41
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Brunswick, GA
- Hull Material:
- Last Listed Price:
- US$ 25,000
I GIVE UP!!!!
"SELL HER FOR $25,000 - AS IS, WHERE IS!"
SOMEONE IS GOING TO GET A GREAT DEAL - IS IT GOING TO BE YOU?
"New Life" is being offered at a fraction of her value for a QUICK SALE as the owner is returning to the UK due to unforseen circumstances. The New Owner should be prepared to spend some time and money updating and upgrading some parts of the boats equipment. This has been anticipated in the EXCEPTIONALLY LOW asking price of New Life.
Welcome to NEW LIFE which has spent almost all her sailing life cruising the East Coast of USA and Canada from the northernmost windswept and fogbound capes and islands of Nova Scotia to the balmy Florida bays and inlets. She is very familiar with the ICW which has been navigated very successfully from a base in New York. NEW LIFE is the OWNERS version of the SL41 with three cabins and two washrooms/heads.
Fellow sailors will appreciate that the Sun Legende 41(SL41) is a powerful and elegant Blue Water capable sloop. Designed by the World renowned sailboat architect Douglas Peterson, the SL41 is fast and powerful with elegant lines. It handles well in all sea and weather conditions. The lead fin keel assists the performance to windward. The combination of the best deck equipment and stainless steel fittings (a Jeanneau specialty) promises strength and durability. The SL41 has a Kevlar strengthened hull,(developed by Jeanneau and Dupont known as Aramat K of combined glass fibre/Kevlar) which is recognized as being stronger than steel on a strength/weight ratio basis. The vessels hull below the waterline was completely renewed in 2014 with new gelcoat and top finishing. The vessel was originally purchased by the owner at the end of 1998 and the vessel was constructed in 1987.
The SL41 has an enormous cockpit and generous lockers. The hull is constructed entirely in hand laid layers with an original teak deck. On NEW LIFE the deck has been recently covered with Treadmaster to improve operational deck performance and holding underfoot and to promote heat reflection and insulation in hot tropical conditions. The ventilation system of the SL41 caters to sailing in every latitude with nine portholes which ideally regulate air circulation and in addition there are three fitted ventilators.
The interior salon has horizontal beaming with a separate galley and navigation/chart table area. The teak woodwork attains the element of refinement associated with quality products.
Don't let NEW LIFE'S exceptionally low asking price concern you. She is well found and needs only organizing and detailing to be ready for her next offshore adventure.
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com CELL PHONES: Gary at 727-403-5456 or Preston at 941-400-0050 We realize your time is important and you may drive a long distance so please call in advance to schedule an appointment.
Listed by a CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL YACHT BROKER
Please contact Gary Monnell at 727-403-5456 or Preston at 941-400-0050
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Doug Peterson
LOA: 40 ft 10 in
Beam: 12 ft 11 in
LWL: 32 ft 9 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 4 in
Displacement: 16094 lbs
Ballast: 6834 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 56 ft 0 in
Headroom: 6 ft 3 in
Total Power: 51 HP
Engine Brand: Perkins
Year Built: 2005
Engine Model: 4-108
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 100
Engine Power: 51 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (95 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (40 Gallons)
Master Stateroom: Privacy door with V-berth, storage shelves surrounding the berth, overhead hatch and two opening ports, ensuite sink and mirrored vanity. Separate head is currently being used for storage.
Salon: Double leaf dining table to port with U-shaped settee surrounding. Wine locker and storage compartments outboard. Household companionway air conditioner is stored here. Storage behind and under settee. 6'6" starboard settee has storage behind and fiddled storage outboard.
Nav Station: Aft to starboard is the nav station with dedicated seat, flip top chart table and cabinetry.
Galley: Across to port of the nav is the galley (see below)
Aft Head: Directly aft of the galley is the private, spacious head with mirrored vanity, sink and shower.
Guest cabin: Full aft to starboard is the guest cabin w/ queen berth, full length shelves outboard and an ensuite mirrored vanity with sink and a hanging locker
- All kitchen equipment conveys
- 12V Refrigeration and freezer (needs new compressor and evaporator plate)
- Eno 2-burner propane stove w/ oven
- Stove top cover
- Stainless double sink
- Manual pressure water w/ salt or fresh at galley
- Seven lockers
- Five drawers
- Wine glass rack
- Raymarine 6000 autopilot w/ remote (needs calibration)
- Raymarine ST60 depth, wind speed & direction
- Raymarine Tri-Data at nav station
- Garmin 3010C at nav, Garmin 3006C at helm (currently stored)
- Garmin integrated chartplotter network with built-in WAAS receivers. The network includes GDS20 for sonar integration and GDL for weather
- Garmin GMR20 radar linked to chartplotter
- Hand-Held Sonar
- Danforth 4" compass
- GDL 30/30 weather data receiver
- Standard Horizon VHF w/ DSC
- Ram mic at helm
- ACR AquaFix 4061 EPIRB (in storage)
- Flatscreen TV
- Sony stereo
- Perkins 4-108 diesel engine was re-powered in 2005 - Less than 100 hour run time
- Balmar hi-output 110 amp alternator
- (2) Bilge pumps - (1) Automatic, (1) Manual
- Manual head w/ holding tank
- Racor fuel filter
- Fresh water cooling system
- 3-Blade bronze prop w/ prop protector installed
- Spare two-blade Max prop
- BC Fire extinguisher
- Boat tools convey, Good inventory of cruising spares, pumps, belts, filters, Inventory of SS fasteners, rigging spares, turnbuckles and fittings,
- Tons of sailing gear in storage..... Buyer will experience a treasure hunt at closing!
Deck and Cockpit
- Ground Tackle: Delta w/ 50' chain and rode, Claw, Fortress, Fisherman, Danforth
- Lofrans electric windlass
- Bimini and dodger
- Winslow 6-man raft (In storage, needs certification)
- Mercury roll-up dinghy
- Tohatsu 4 stroke 3.5hp OB engine (in storage)
- Rail splash guards
- Pedestal cover
- Treadmaster deck material over teak decks
- Swim platform
- Boarding ladder
- Search & Nav lights
- Lifesling system
- (4) Life jackets
- (1) Group 27 AGM start battery, (1) AGM 4D House
- Guest automatic 30 amp battery charger
- (2) 130 Watt solar panels mounted over bimini
- Air Breeze pole mounted wind generator
- ProMariner battery tester
- 220/120 Volt inverter installed
- 1200 Watt gas generator (0 Hours) In storage
- West Marine jump start system (in storage)
- 50' Marinco 30 amp shore power cord
- Spare 30 Amp Power Cord
- 50 to 30 power cord adapter
- (2) 30 Amp to 15 Amp Power Cord adapter
Sails and Rigging
- Sail Inventory: Main, 120% genoa, 100% genoa, spinnaker w/ MPS, storm jib, spare main
- Harken genoa furler
- Lewmar winches: (2) 52ST Primary, (4) 43ST Maneuvering, (1) 16R reefing, (2) 40R Halyard
- Mainsail cover
- Adjustable backstay
- France spar mainmast
- Mainsheet traveler
- Whisker pole
Brokers Comments/ Additional Information
Although "New Life" will never win best in show at the Yacht Club she represents one heck of a lotta boat for under 26K! Her needs are mostly cosmetic in nature and she is absolutely ready to get you to the Islands and back both mechanically and electronically. The exceptionally low price reflects the basic cleanup, organizing and cosmetics that must be done but by no means is a reflection of her capability or seaworthiness. Some knowledgable buyer is going to get great value for their investment! Invest a little time in discussing this with us... You will be glad you did.
Owner's personal items not listed here are not a part of the sale. Details of this vessel are offered in good faith but we cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. While efforts are made to keep this listing up to date, information provided at the time of listing is subject to change if the vessel is on the market for an extended time. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Whiteaker Yacht Sales
45 Sun Odyssey
Sarasota, FL, United States