1986 Shannon 43 K/CB Ketch
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Eliot, ME
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 139,500
SONATA is one of the popular Shannon 43 keel-centerboard, double headsail ketches, built to the highest standards for offshore sailing. SONATA has been out of the water for three seasons and is now offered for sale at an extremely attractive price. She is equipped with a bow thruster, a 5kw generator, decent electronics, a good sail inventory including a spinnaker with sock, and an Ideal electric windlass. Here is an opportunity to own one of the top American-made cruisers. We thank you for your interest.
Annie Gray is a longstanding YBAA member, offering 45 years of experience in assisting clients in the purchase or sale of high quality yachts of distinction.
Please call Annie at 207-363-7997 or on her cell at 603-498-3450.
Please contact Annie Gray at 207-363-7997
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Shannon Boat Company; Tiverton, RI
Designer: Walter Schultz
LOA: 47 ft 0 in
Beam: 13 ft 5 in
LWL: 36 ft 7 in
Minimum Draft: 4 ft 9 in
Maximum Draft: 8 ft 7 in
Displacement: 27500 lbs
Total Power: 65 HP
Engine Brand: Nanni Mercedes
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 65 HP
Number of heads: 2
HULL & DECK:
- Hand laid up molded fiberglass hull with white gelcoat, biaxial laminates, vinylester gelcoat and closed cell PVX Airex linear foam core.
- Raised teak toerail with S/S striker; exterior teak finished in Cetol.
- Teak rubrail with S/S rubrail.
- Hand laid up molded fiberglass deck – white gelcoat, biaxial laminates, Divinycell cross-linked PVC foam core (no balsa) with contrasting tan diamond-pattern nonskid.
- Deck is adhered to the hull with Sikaflex and mechanical fastened with thru bolts to hull flange.
- Modified performance cruising hull design keel (cutaway forefoot and cutaway in front of the rudder skeg) with encapsulated solid lead internal ballast (no keel bolts).
- Centerboard cavity in keel; 2007 new centerboard cable.
- Skeg hung rudder.
- Edson pedestal mounted wheel steering with cable and quadrant and emergency tiller.
- Keel stepped mainmast.
- Mizzen stepped in cockpit with compression bridge.
- Teak bow flatform with dual S/S anchor rollers.
- Twin anchor rode deck pipes.
- Two large foredeck cleats with chocks.
- S/S bow and stern double rail pulpits.
- Stern boarding gate with fold down boarding ladder on transom.
- Twin amidship cleats port and starboard with toerail chocks.
- S/S stanchions with boarding gates to port and starboard.
- Double lifelines.
- Teak handrails on cabin top.
- Four chrome cowl vents with dorade boxes.
- S/S folding side boarding ladder.
- Dunnage box on cabin top.
- Dinghy chocks.
- Full length seats port and starboard with lockers below.
- T-shaped helm section in stern.
- Helm seat with propane storage beneath – 2 tanks.
- Helm step platform.
- Bridge deck forward.
- Pedestal mounted wheel steering.
- Teak capped cockpit coamings with cubby storage.
- Dodger and bimini with connector and clear panel full enclosure.
- Sliding companionway hatch and sea hood.
- Teak companionway drop boards with convenient storage rack.
- Companionway louvered screen doors.
- Companionway screen.
- Teak grate with life raft storage compartment below.
- Folding teak cockpit table with drink and binoculars holder.
- Cockpit cushion.
- 2007 installed two new deck hatches.
Fuel: 100 gallons in three aluminum tanks, replaced new in 2003.
Water: 200 gallons in three S/S tanks (in 2004 70 gallon water tank under sole was new).
Holding: 35 gallons in 2 tanks; one S/S aft and one poly tank forward with deck pumpout and y-valves for overboard discharge with manual overboard pumps for both holding tanks).
ENGINE & MECHANICAL:
- Nanni/Mercedes 65 hp diesel, 4 cylinder, FWC.
- 16” Aquamet 1 ¼” S/S shaft.
- Three blade fixed bronze prop, 18 x 14, with line cutters.
- Racor dual primary fuel filters.
- Morse controls at pedestal.
- Hurth transmission HBW250, 2.74:1 reduction gear.
- Bronze stuffing box.
- 2007Sidepower 12V 8 hp bow thruster with designated batteries for thruster and windlass.
- Racor fuel filter.
- Oil change hose.
- Approximately 4500 hours.
- Cruising speed: 6-6.5 knots.
- 120V AC shore power and 12V DC systems.
- Bass distribution panel with master and individual breakers.
- 30 amp shore power cord.
- Xantrex True Charge 40 amp charger in starboard cockpit locker.
- Smart regulator.
- Westerbeke 5kw 3 cylinder diesel generator, located under port cockpit seat (hours unknown).
- 2007 S/S 10 gallon hot water heater with engine heat exchange system and 110V
- 2007 Powermax 125 amp engine alternator with new Link 20 battery monitor.
- Battery selector switch.
- Alternator control.
- 12V DC navigation and running lights.
- 12V DC interior lighting.
- Red/white lights in galley and aft head.
- 110V DC GFI outlets.
- Batteries need replacing: One bank of two Group 31’s for house; one Group 27 for engine start.
- Forward cabin sleeps two in double with filler.
- Private entrance to forward head.
- Settees in main salon sleeps three.
- L-shaped settee to starboard converts to double berth.
- Straight settee to port sleeps one.
- Private aft cabin to port sleeps two in double berth.
- Private entrance to aft head.
- Double vee berth with filler sleeps two.
- Storage and holding tank beneath.
- Shelving and custom cabinetry above port and starboard.
- Several lockers.
- White fiberglass headliner.
- Overhead hatch.
- Two opening ports.
- Separate entrance to forward head.
- Aqua color tweed cushions.
- Located to starboard immediately aft of forward cabin.
- 2007 Wilcox Crittenden "Skipper" W.C. and new hose.
- Double entrance.
- Single S/S sink with vanity, storage beneath.
- Separate stand-up shower stall with hand-held shower and teak grate.
- Shower sump discharges overboard.
- Holding tank plus y-valve for overboard discharge.
- Deck pumpout.
- Full length mirror; linen locker.
- Tall cedar-lined hanging locker in passageway, drawer bank with locker.
- Mast enclosure.
- L-shaped settee to starboard, converts to double berth.
- Pull-out single settee to port.
- Storage compartments behind both settees.
- Shelves and lockers outboard of both settees.
- Three drawers beneath port settee.
- 50 gallon water tank beneath starboard settee.
- Fixed centerline double-leaf dinette table with center storage.
- White fiberglass headliner.
- Two overhead hatches with screens.
- Overhead handrails.
- Seven bronze Spartan opening ports with screens.
- U-shaped, located to starboard, forward of companionway.
- Double S/S sink.
- Moen telescope mixing faucet.
- Manual separate fresh water spigot with Seagull filter.
- Accumulator tank.
- Manual fresh water foot pump.
- Raw water pump with separate spigot.
- Three burner propane Tasco stove and oven – two new 2007 10 lb tanks (new lines and regulators).
- Top and side loading icebox with Sea Frost dual holding plate.
- 110V and engine driven refrigeration/freezer – drains with manual pump to sinks.
- Four drawer storage bureau; storage drawer beneath oven.
- Cabinets above and outboard.
- Butcher block Formica countertops.
- Opening port.
- Located to starboard immediately aft of galley.
- Swivel seat with backrest.
- Lift-top chart table.
- Instrument array panel.
- AC-DC panel.
- Laptop shelf.
- Two drawers, locker with shelves.
- Clock and barometer.
- Pantry locker.
- Located to port at companionway.
- 2007 "Skipper" W.C. installed.
- Two door entrance – from main salon and aft cabin.
- Single S/S sink with hot and cold pressure water.
- Vanity with storage beneath sink.
- Full length mirror.
- Separate stand-up shower stall with handheld shower head and teak grate.
- Holding tank with y-valve for direct overboard discharge.
- Deck pumpout.
- Opening port.
PRIVATE AFT CABIN:
- Located to port.
- Separate entrance to aft head.
- Double berth with insert.
- Four drawer bank.
- Cedar-lined hanging locker.
- Opening port.
- Overhead hatch.
- Small storage area and 100 gallon water tank under berth.
- Access panel aft for generator.
- Satin varnished teak joinery throughout.
- Solid teak and holly cabin sole with large access hatches.
- TV & AM/FM/CD stereo.
- Two oil lamps.
- Espar 12V DC forced air diesel heater ducted to all cabins.
- Ritchie 6” pedestal mounted compass.
- ICOM MC-502 VHF at nav station with control mic in cockpit.
- ICOM IC Ham/SSB with insulated mizzen stay antenna.
- 2007 Raymarine E80 and E120 plotter/radar/GPS.
- 2007Raymarine ST6002 autopilot with Lewmar electric drive wireless control.
- 2007 Raymarine ST60 knotmeter-distance log-depthsounder.
- Wind speed and direction.
SAILS & RIGGING:
- Double headsail ketch rig.
- 970 sq. ft sail area.
- Awlgripped aluminum spars.
- Main is keel stepped; mizzen is stepped in cockpit on reinforced bridge.
- Navtec S/ST rod rigging.
- 2 Harken roller furling for headsails.
- Harken adjustable mainsheet traveler on cabin top.
- Quick release inner forestay.
- Club boom for hank on staysail.
- Boom crutch for main.
- Separate storm jib track.
- Running backstays for mizzen.
- Main with Dutchman.
- Mizzen with Dutchman.
- 140% genoa.
- 100% tri-radial Mylar composite jib.
- Yankee working jib.
- Club staysail.
- Storm jib.
- Storm trysail.
- Mizzen mainsail.
- Asymmetrical spinnaker with ATN sock.
- Two 55 CST two speed primary winches.
- One 43 CST two speed secondary winch and one 46 CST two speed winch for mainsheet.
- Two single speed 6C traveler winches on cabin top.
- Mainmast winches include: two 30 CST, one 16C and one 24C two speed halyard winches; one 8C on main boom; two 8C on mizzen mast and one 6C on mizzen boom.
- Emergency tiller.
- Assorted life jackets.
- Docklines; fenders.
- Extensive spare parts.
- Safety equipment.
- 2 boarding ladders.
- Screens for all ports and hatches.
- Emergency tiller.
- Fire extinguishers.
- 20 lb steel LPG tank.
- 45 lb CQR anchor with 150’ 3/8” chain and 100’ 5/8” nylon rode.
- Fortress FX 37 anchor with 20’ 3/8” chain and 300’ 5/8” nylon rode.
- 85 lb Paul Luke 3-piece fisherman anchor with 20’ chain and 300’ nylon rode.
- Ideal 12V DC ACHW electric windlass (rebuilt in 2007), with chain and rope gypsies.
- Bronze hawse pipes.
COMMENTS: SONATA is one of the popular Shannon 43 keel-centerboard, double headsail ketches, built to the highest standards for offshore sailing. SONATA has been out of the water for three seasons and is now offered for sale at an extremely attractive price. She is equipped with a bow thruster, a 5kw generator, decent electronics, a good sail inventory including a spinnaker with sock, and an Ideal electric windlass. Here is an opportunity to own one of the top American-made cruisers. We thank you for your interest.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.
Other Boats from Gray & Gray Yacht Brokers, Inc.
Cutter (Hull #4)
Yarmouth, ME, United States