1986 Tayana MK I Cutter
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Southport, ME
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 55,500
THISTLE is a Robert Perry designed double-ended Cutter which has only had one owner and is in above average condition. She is well-equipped and ready to set sail for distant shores. Please review this listing carefully, and understand that she is priced well below market for a prompt sale. Her teak decks are in very good condition. A 2019 survey is available indicating this 1986 vessel is in sound condition. Highly recommended and we thank you for your interest.
Annie Gray is a longstanding YBAA member, offering 45 years of experience in assisting clients in the purchase or sale of high quality yachts of distinction.
Please call Annie at 207-363-7997 or on her cell at 603-498-3450.
Please contact Annie Gray at 207-363-7997
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Ta Yang Yacht Building, Taiwan
Designer: Robert Perry
LOA: 42 ft 2 in
Beam: 11 ft 6 in
LWL: 30 ft 10 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 8 in
Displacement: 22500 lbs
Ballast: 7340 lbs
Total Power: 33 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 3QM30F
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Power: 33 HP
Number of heads: 1
- Hand laid up solid fiberglass hull.
- White hull, blue boot top, blue bottom.
- Full keel with attached rudder and protected prop in aperture.
- Wheel steering with S/S and teak rimmed wheel, with brake, guard controls.
- Teak cockpit grate.
- Self-bailing cockpit.
- Laid and caulked teak decks over fiberglass on side decks (in very good condition).
- Double lifelines; bow and stern rails.
- S/S and bronze deck hardware; dual bow rollers; dual Sampson posts.
- Outboard bracket.
- All exterior teak is natural finish including rubrail, bulwarks, caprails, bowsprit, handrails, etc.
- 4 teak Dorade boxes with PVC vents; 3 deck prisms.
- Ventilation is provided by 11 bronze opening ports with screens, and 2 Bomar hatches with screens, and one skylight hatch.
- Teak louvered companionway doors.
- Dodger with S/S frame (old).
Fuel: 100 gallons in steel tank.
Water: 100 gallons in S/S tank.
Holding: 20 gallons in fiberglass tanks with y-valve to holding tank and deck pumpout.
- Single Yanmar 3QM30F, 33 hp diesel, FWC.
- Engine repainted Fall 2019.
- 2019 new engine beds and mounts installed.
- Racor fuel filter.
- 3 bladed Max prop; S/S shaft.
- Engine hours unknown.
- 12V (DC) and 110V (AC) electrical systems.
- Circuit breaker panels.
- 10 gallon hot water heater.
- 1-4D battery; 1 Group 31 engine start.
- Two master battery switches in parallel.
- For six in an attractive varnished teak interior.
- Chain locker forward followed aft by vee berths with filler piece.
- There are numerous storage lockers, shelves, and a hanging locker in this cabin.
- Next aft to port is an enclosed head with separate stall shower, a sink, a new manual Jabsco W.C. with holding tank and y-valve.
- Opposite the head is a second hanging locker.
- The main salon has a U-shaped convertible dinette to port and a single settee opposite with bookshelves and storage lockers outboard.
- Next aft to starboard is a Navigation table and single quarter berth.
- To port is a L-shaped galley which includes double S/S sinks, hot and cold pressure water, fresh water foot pump, and a Force 10 S/S propane 3 burner stove with oven and icebox. There are numerous galley lockers for stores, plates, dishes, etc.
- Located over the galley sinks is a shelf for a microwave (none provided).
- Access to the engine is under the companionway stairs and provides ample room for working on engine.
- The interior is finished to very high standards in varnished teak with a mahogany sole.
- Raymarine C90 Radar-GPS Plotter, mounted in Nav Pod at helm.
- Simrad AP28 autopilot.
- Northstar 952X GPS-Chartplotter
- ICOM M304 VHF mounted at nav table.
- Brookes & Gatehouse wind, speed and depth in cockpit with repeaters below at nav table.
- Ritchie compass.
- 864 sq. ft. sail area; single-spreader mast stepped on deck; aluminum mast and boom (mast needs repainting).
- Mast height: 53’.
- North mainsail with Harken batt cars; blue mainsail cover.
- North genoa on roller furler with blue Sunshield.
- North staysail mounted on inner stay.
- White Sunshield on staysail.
- Genoa with blue sunshield.
- 2 Barlow #25 S.T. winches for genoa.
- 1 Barlow #23 S.T. winch.
- 1 Barlow #19 S.T. winch.
- Norseman terminals on S/S standing rigging.
- Dacron running rigging (some halyards need replacement).
- Boom vang.
- Mainsheet Traveller.
- Boom gallows.
- 2 Harken roller furlers; hydraulic backstay with insulation.
- Three # 30 S.T. halyard winches.
- Horseshoe lifering.
- 2 aluminum 10 lb LPG bottles, filled 2018.
- A&C shower in cockpit.
- Blue Dodger - old.
- Blue sailcover.
- Radar reflector.
- Givens 4 man liferaft – needs certification.
- 3 fenders; numerous docklines.
- 12V Muir anchor windlass.
- 12V bilge pump; manual bilge pump.
- Brass reading lights.
- AM/FM stereo.
- Emergency tiller.
- Teak swim ladder.
- Life jackets.
- Cockpit cushions.
- Propane sniffer.
- 35 lb CQR Plow anchor on bow roller.
- Second plow-type anchor.
- Holding tank gauge.
- Two aluminum 10 lb bottles.
- Radar reflector.
- Two Hawse pipes.
COMMENTS: THISTLE is a Robert Perry designed double-ended Cutter which has only had one owner and is in above average condition. She is well-equipped and ready to set sail for distant shores. Please review this listing carefully, and understand that she is priced well below market for a prompt sale. Her teak decks are in very good condition. A 2019 survey is available indicating this 1986 vessel is in sound condition. Highly recommended and we thank you for your interest.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this specification sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be correct but cannot be guaranteed. Specifications are provided for information purposes. Data was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, consumptions, capacities and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided, and agrees to instruct his surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel subject to sale, price and inventory changes, and withdrawal from market without notice.