1986 Nor Star Gaff Rigged Sloop
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Seattle, WA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 38,000
October is a boat you can sail into the wooden boat festival and be welcomed without replacing any hull planking ever. October melds the modern fiberglass building technique with her traditional wood deck and doghouse flawlessly and goes on the combine her traditional gaff rig and wire halyards with spectra type standing rigging.
Her build began with the hull in 1981 at Nor'Star Yachts in Santa Barbara and she was decked and fitted out to completion in 1986 by Littin Boat Works in Oregon.
Kept under a full boat cover during the winters and sporting a Yanmar 3qm on centerline with less than 750 hours on her she is ready for some varnish and to go sailing today. 6'3 headroom, refrigeration, diesel heater and more.
Looking for that traditional look and feel without much of the work and worry below the waterline? October is ready for you.
This is a new listing, more information and pictures to come shortly.
email Ben Braden at firstname.lastname@example.org or Bob Ross at email@example.com
Please contact Ben Braden at 206 286 1004
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 32 ft 0 in
Beam: 11 ft 0 in
LWL: 25 ft 6 in
Length on Deck: 39 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 7 in
Displacement: 21111 lbs
Ballast: 6000 lbs
Total Power: 30 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 3QM
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 750
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Engine Power: 30 HP
Number of heads: 1
- Main engine(s): Yanmar
- Model no.: 3QM
- Year: 1986
- Fuel: Diesel
- Rated: 30 HP
- Serial No.: 82807
- Hours shown: Approximately 750 hours
- Naturally aspirated
- Three blade fixed right hand 16 inch prop, 12 pitch
- Recently serviced including new water pump and exhaust manifold.
- Designer: Bruce Bingham
- Hull: Nor'star Yachts, Santa Barbara, CA
- Everything else: Littin Boat Works/Owner, Oregon
Year Built: began in 1981 & completed in 1986
- Displacement: 21,111 lbs
- Ballast: 6000lbs
- Length: 32ft.stem to stern
- Beam: 11ft.
- Draft: 4ft.7in.
- Cruise speed: 6.0kn.(est.)
- Maximum speed: 6.5kn.(est.)
- Plywood bulkheads and platforms, fiberglass transverse members
- Plating: Fiberglass laminate tape
- Decks: Yellow cedar over fir.
- Superstructure: Laminated Port Orford cedar
- Fasteners: Fiberglass laminate tape and stainless steel bolts
- Keel: Full keel with internal encapsulated lead ballast, deep draft.
- Tall Standing headroom throughout - beginning in the bow with a high pullman style double bunk to port. Next aft is a basic head to port with manual toilet, storage to starboard with heater aft then a step up to the salon with a good sized dinette to starboard and U-shaped galley to port. Galley has a 3-burner propane stove w/oven, top loading frig, double basin stainless sink and storage throughout. Next aft is a settee bunk to port and bunk with quarter-berth to starboard. Aft to port is a large storage area and electrical panels.
- Tiller steering with sit in cockpit
- large side decks with tall bulwarks
- Gaff Rigged wood keel stepped spar
- Long wood bowsprit
- Spectra standing rigging
- Mainsail and 2 jibs
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
cheap and easy