1985 Morris 28 Linda
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Mount Desert, ME
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 60,000
This wonderful Morris Linda 28 has been used lightly during the summers in Maine, stored inside and cared for by high quality service yards since 2011. The Linda's sailing characteristics are continually praised by their owners. A full keel with cutaway forefoot gives both a stable ride and great maneuverability. The surprisingly large cabin sleeps 3-4 in comfort with a small galley and full head. As hull #1 in the Linda line, Rising Star was prominently featured in the September 1985 edition of Sailing Magazine; in Ferenc Mate's 1986 book "The World's Best Sailboats"; and in Chuck Paine's 2010 book "My Yacht Designs".
Specializing in Morris/Hinckley Boat Sales, please call me, WYTHE INGEBRITSON: Cell: 207-664-8111 Office: 207-401-2802 or E-mail: email@example.com for more information on Morris new and used sailboats and brokerage Hinckley power or sailboats.
For more information on RISING STAR, or any other Morris Yachts listings, please contact Sales & Brokerage Director Wythe Ingebritson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (207) 664-8111.
Please contact Wythe Ingebritson at 207-664-8111 or 207-401-2802
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Morris Yachts
Designer: Chuck Paine
Flag of Registry: United States
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 28 ft 1 in
Beam: 9 ft 2 in
LWL: 23 ft 2 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 4 in
Displacement: 8300 lbs
Ballast: 3900 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 0 in
Total Power: 13 HP
Engine Brand: Westerbeke
Engine Model: W13C40S
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 358
Propeller: 2 blade propeller
Engine Power: 13 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 (50 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 Aluminum (18 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 Plastic
Number of heads: 1
- Solid fiberglass hull with all hand laminated glass.
- Black Awlgrip with gold cove stripe.
- Teak decks caulked over mahogany plywood on painted beams.
- Exterior trim is Cetolled teak.
- Housetop is mahogany plywood finished with epoxy and painted with Awlgrip over laminated teak beams.
- Gimbaled Kenyon two burner propane stove with cover.
- Margas propane monitor system.
- 12v refrigeration system (new 2017).
- Stainless steel sink with hand pump.
- Pressurized hot/cold water.
- Built-in dish rack.
Moving from aft forward there is a quarter-berth located to port and the galley to starboard. The main salon has settees to port and starboard with a folding, bulkhead-mounted table between. The head is next forward to port with a Raritan Compact II head and a holding tank. Opposite the head is a hanging locker. Forward is a large V-berth with a deck prism overhead for natural light. The interior is finished with teak bulkheads, pine sheathed hull, white berth faces and cabin top. There is varnished teak trim throughout and varnished laminated beams on the coach roof. The interior is very traditional, warm and well maintained.
- Westerbeke 13 hp fresh water cooled diesel engine (Model W13C40S)
- Pressurized water system.
- Hot/cold water.
- Shower outlet in head.
- 12v automatic bilge pump (new 2017)
- Water tanks replaced 2016
- Three 12 volt marine batteries (new 2017).
- 55 amp Alternator.
- Circuit breaker panel.
- Master battery switch.
- 110v shore power system with Xantrex Freedom inverter charger (new 2017)
Electronics and Navigation
- Raymarine C80 Chartplotter and Radar.
- Cybernet CTX 5000 VHF.
- Autohelm ST50 Tridata (depth, speed, and log).
- Raytheon ST60 Wind speed/direction.
- Autohelm 2000 Tiller Pilot.
- Maxxima am/fm cassette stereo.
- Mobi radar reflector.
- Silva 1000 bulkhead mounted compass.
- Watrous barometer.
- Main with one reef - St. Michaels Sails. (2001)
- Jib for roller furling - St. Michaels Sails (2001)
- .6oz spinnaker - North Sails. (2002)
- 98% Mylar blade - North Sails
- MPS with sock.
(2) Barlow #25 Primaries.
(2) Barlow #23 halyard winches.
- 1x19 stainless steel rigging with Sta-Lok terminals.
- Custom tapered tall rig Hall spar with white awlgrip finish. (repainted 1999)
- Navtec hydraulic backstay adjuster.
- All halyards led aft to cockpit.
- Harken roller-furling headstay.
- Lazy jacks.
- Spinnaker pole on mast track.
- Starboard spreader halyard.
- Harken traveler system.
- Blue dodger and frame. (New 2008)
- (2) Chrome dorade vents.
- Canvas drop board bag.
- 20# HT anchor with rode.
- 10kg Bruce anchor with chain and rode.
- Lofrans manual windlass. (New 2008)
- Teak companionway screens.
- Hatch screens.
- Ensign and staff.
- Deck prism.
- Bosun chair.
- Outboard motor stern rail mount.
- Cockpit cushions.
- Boat hook.
- Inflatable dingy (soft bottom).
- Honda 2hp outboard.
- Fire extinguishers.
- Whale manual bilge pump.
- Par electric bilge pump with auto float switch.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Hinckley Yacht Brokerage
Brooklin, ME, United States
Southwest Harbor, ME, United States
Bourne, MA, United States
OCEAN SERIES 46
Bradenton, FL, United States
Ocean Series 38
Portsmouth, RI, United States
Tampa, FL, United States