1985 Koopmans steel cutter
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Olympia, WA
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 76,900
A true custom built steel world-class cruiser refitted in 2013. Koopmans is a dutch design by Dick Koopmans, Sr., and was built in Sappermeer, Holland. It was built for a couple to go sailing in Antarctica thus the name PENGUIN. Being made of steel, she is stout to shout. Yet she has sweet lines and a beautiful navy blue hull. Teak interior throughout in the traditional layout below. During the refit, a new Yanmar diesel engine, new wiring, many new electronic instruments, and other equipment was installed. Her rig has been inspected and updated. if you are in the market for a small world-class cruiser easily handled by one or two persons, you should look at this one.
Please contact at 360-352-2007
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Jachtbouw Klein, Holland
Designer: S. Koopman Sr
LOA: 36 ft 0 in
Beam: 11 ft 3 in
LWL: 28 ft 10 in
Length on Deck: 34 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 3 in
Displacement: 26000 lbs Full Load
Ballast: 10000 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 3 in
Total Power: 39 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 3JH5E
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 240
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 39 HP
Cruising Speed: 6 knots @ 2200 RPM
Fresh Water Tanks: (110 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (55 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (15 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 2
Number of double berths: 1
Number of heads: 1
- LOA 36', on deck 34', LWL 28'10"
- beam 11'3", draft 6'3"
- displacement 26,000#, ballast 10,000# lead.
- hull and deck are steel, absolutely no deck leaks with this construction.
- Steel schedule on thickness: hull to top of keel 1/8", keel sides 1/4", keel bottom 1/2", deck and cabin 1/8 to 1/4" depending on stress areas.
- total boat ultrasounded for problems in 2000 and 2006. none found.
- full keel boat
- interior (hull and deck) is fully insulated so no condensation.
- Built by Jachtbuow Klein in Holland as a custom boat designed by Dick Koopmans
- entire boat painted wth Awlgrip in 2012-2013 refit.
- new custom hatches during refit
Engine - Mechanical - Electrical
- Yanmar diesel 39hp, 230 hours, new in 2012
- 55 gal fuel tank (steel)
- cruise 6.5k @2200 rpm, .6gph
- 5 batteries(AGM), 4-6volt plus 1 grp 27 starting battery.
- House batteries total 440 amp hrs
- 20amp battery charger (Guest)
- new PSS dripless shaft seal, new cutless bearing 2017
- new ss shaft and shaft tube, new prop, all with new engine 2012
- new distribution panel with all wiring replaced except interior lighting 2012.
- new navigation lights, VHF antenna and wiring on mast 2013
- new LED cabin lighting
- 2 burner with grille stove with oven-propane
- Force 10 propane cabin heat on bulkhead
- pressure water
- 15 gal holding tank
- 110 gal water in 2 tanks for long passages located in keel
- beautiful teak interior
- 6'3" headroom
- sleeps 4 in one double and two singles
Navigation - Communication
- VHF Standard Horizon
- Depth, speed, wind speed - Raymarine ST60 (new 2012) with new transducers
- Ritchie compass
- Autohelm ST 2000
- Garmin GPS/Chartplotter 176C
- backstay insulated for SSB antenna
- SS bow and stern rails
- new 2012 double ss lifelines
- 2 extinguishers
- smoke and CO fume detectors
- Trident Marinepropane detection system with automatic shutdown capability
- flare kit
- radar reflector
- 6 life jackets
- boarding ladder on stern, lifesling
- 1 manual and one electric (new) bilge pump
Sails, Deck, Anchor and Rode
- Aluminum spar, ss rigging. Spar and rigging unstepped and inspected during refit December 2012. Repaired and replaced as necessary by Port Townsend Rigging.
- new Schaeffer furler installed 2012
- 2 Lewmar 40 winches, 2 Lewmar 30;s, 4 Lewmar 6's
- Mainsail , genoa (120), yankee, staysail, storm staysail. Main and genoa are serviceable, yankee and staysail are in very good condition, storm staysail is in excellent condition.
- Aires wind vane for auto wind steering
- Autohelm ST 2000 for electric steering
- newer electric Lewmar windlass with foot switches plus chain counter and switch in cockpit
- Anchors - 45# CQR, 33# Bruce,
- Rode/chain - 165' 3/8" chain, 30' chain and 200' nylon rode
Comments - Additional Equipment
- last haulout August 2019 with new bottom paint and zincs
- Hull and topsides painted 2012 with Awlgrip paint
- Double layer epoxy barrier coat on the hull and keel
- Nordic InflateableDinghy and 2.5hp 4stroke outboard available separately
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.