1984 Sigma 41
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Villanova, Spain
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- EUR 68,500 Tax Paid (US$ 80,453)
Engine rebuilt in 2016 - 417 hours since rebuild
A lovingly cared for, David Thomas designed, Sigma 41.
This Sigma 41 is a very good example of this sought after ocean cruiser with many upgraded features - bow thruster, electric primary winches, AIS, radar, max prop 2 blade feathering prop and rope cutter to name just a few items.
2017 Survey available upon request.
As you know INTRIGUE is a good solid boat in, I believe, excellent condition, (can still see the water reflections in the pic !!) and a great sea boat. We are lucky having Benito in Vilanova who treats it as his own and does all the jobs we want and sometimes things he thinks should be done !!
We’ve had her in a F9 on the quarter in Biscay going to Brittany and an F8 on the nose coming back – rarely dipped her lee rail under in those conditions – and the autopilot managed effortlessly.
Intrigue is a Sigma 41, good solid sea boat, in excellent condition, with many recent upgrades.
Tim Brouardstarted his career working for a yacht brokerage commissioning new boats and managing brokerage boats. He then set up his own yacht management company on the Hamble before joining Nicolle Associates.
Tim is an experienced private skipper where in addition to cruising he has introduced owners and clients to the racing circuit with an impressive second in the Round The Island Race.
Tim is a qualified Yachtmaster Offshore and an active member of the Royal Thames Yacht club.
Contact Tim Brouard by email using the link below, or at DDI +44 (0)23 8115 7021, M +44 (0)78 6736 2107 for more details.
Please contact Tim Brouard at +44 (0)23 8115 7021
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Marine Projects Ltd
Designer: David Thomas
Flag of Registry: Ireland
LOA: 41 ft 0 in
Beam: 12 ft 11 in
Maximum Draft: 7 ft 10 in
Total Power: 36 HP
Engine Brand: Bukh
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 2 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 36 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (322 Liters)
Fuel Tanks: (132 Liters)
Number of single berths: 5
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
• Hull Gelshielded
• Bow thruster, with remote (Side Power SP75Ti)
• Electric windlass, with remote (Quick Horizontal 1000W)
• Electric Primary winches
• New decks and cockpit
• AIS – receive + transmit (DIgital Yacht)
• Radar (JRC)
• 2 x Standalone Plotters (Navionics in Cockpit and Sienna Explorer 3 at Chart table)
• Folding Davits + Folding passerelle
• Hatch and portlight glass and rubber seals replaced
• Folding Max 2 blade Prop with rope cutter
• Upgraded fridge insulation with keel cooling (Waeco compresser)
• New Spray Dodger and Complete cockpit bimini
• Bukh Engine - total re-build 2016
VHF - Vertex Standard VM-3500 E with DSC
NAVTEX - Clipper Navtex
GPS mobile - Navionics dragonfly
Sounder / Log - Nasa
GPS/PLOTTER Siena explorer3 with TFT screen
Wind equipment - Nasa
Club identifications – Irish Cruising Club (ICC) and OCC - on the transom will be removed.
- Full overall Winter cover
- SeaMe Radar Transponder
- Fresh water shower on transom
- Anchor and Chain.
- 4 mooring lines
- 2 big and 2 small fenders
- 1 x Danbuoy
- 2 x Horse Shoe lifebelts
- Manuals for virtually all the kit on board
- Pyro technic flares (mostly out of date)
- 4 person liferaft – needs service.
- All sheets and blocks for the sails.
- Boom bag for mainsail
- Gas bottle(s)
- Spare (empty) Fuel containers,
- 1 Plastic (empty) Water container
- 2 Winch Handles
- 2 Snatch blocks
- 1 Shore Power connection cable
- 2 x Runners + blocks (currently not in use and stored under aft bunk)
- Deck brush
- Spare 2 bladed fixed propeller
- Bunks and seats have a mesh material to aid air circulation and minimise any damp
- Cockpit cushions
- Rope cutter on the prop
- Sundry phone charging outlets – 3 at Nav and 1 forward cabin.
Sails and Rigging
Main and Genoa are North. ±10 years and in very good condition (the local sailmaker keeps them for 9+ months of the years, checks and makes any repairs. Stored in optimal conditions.
Genoa on a Furlex roller:
Main plastic sliders removed (±2017) and replaced by Ronstan Ball Bearing system
Spinnaker, cut down to genneker, but we have never used.
More sails stored in Ireland.
Standing rigging - Age Unknown - The boat was surveyed 2013 and 2017 AND the yard checks them every autumn when boat being laid up. No issues.
Nicolle Associates offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- This vessel is EU VAT paid.
- As always photographs do not do justice so a viewing is highly recommended.
- This boat is lying in Villanova, Spain.
- © 2020 Nicolle Associates