1984 Pearson 386
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Northport, NY
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 39,900
In a sea of bright white look-alikes - "Lakota" has an understated but distinctively classic presence with her combination of buff hull and umber sailcover and canvas. While Pearson's are well known for their quality and great sailing ability a boat is still only as good as its maintenance. This boat has been lovingly cared for and upgraded and has an interior that shows beautifully. If you are looking for a quality cruiser in the 38 foot size range, this boat is a must see.
There are few sailor-authors more widely read or respected than John Rousmaniere. In his book "Desirable and Undesirable Characteristics of Offshore Yachts", he recommends five good boats. Among the chosen five is the Pearson 386. But don't take John's word for it - come see it yourself and see why.
This is an opportunity to own an aspirational boat for a very fair price. The horizons beckon. Call to make an appointment to see the boat that will take you there safely and in comfort.
Please contact Peter Atlas at 631-261-5464
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Designer: Bill Shaw
LOA: 38 ft 0 in
Beam: 11 ft 7 in
LWL: 30 ft 0 in
Length on Deck: 38 ft 4 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 6 in
Displacement: 16915 lbs
Ballast: 7000 lbs
Total Power: 45 HP
Engine Brand: Perkins
Year Built: 1984
Engine Model: 4-108
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 2 blade propeller
Drive Type: V Drive
Engine Power: 45 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 (75 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (45 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 (20 Gallons)
Number of heads: 1
Forward is the owner's cabin with large vee-berth and custom mattress that folds. Light and insects are regulated with integrated Oceanaire shade/screens. All cushions have low maintenance Sunbrella covers. There is ample storage provided by hanging lockers, bureau and shelves. To starboard there is a large head with separate shower stall and wet locker and two additional hanging lockers to port.
The spacious main salon features a teak and holly sole and teak centerline dropleaf table which seats six. There are settees port and starboard. There is a teak liquor locker and bureau fwd to port. There is additional storage behind the settes and teak bookshelves and lockers above the settes which compliment the teak bulkheads. Aft to starboard is a large forward facing nav station followed by a true double quarterberth. There is a U-shaped galley to port. Lighting has been recently upgraded to Alpenglo LED fixtures. The boat has abundant ventilation with 6 opening ports and 2 large hatches.
The cockpit is accommodating and the centered wheel is easily at hand from all sides for helming. Seating surfaces have cockpit cushions. There is an Edson cockpit table conveniently connecting to pedestal. A large dodger and Bimini combine to make the cockpit a shaded and protected sanctuary.
A U-shaped galley is to port and includes:
- Front loading 8.5 cu ft icebox with Alder/Barbour Cold Machine
- (3) burner gimballed LPG stove w/oven
- H/C pressure water (5 gallon water heater)
- Ample storage for dihware, pots and dry foods
Electronics & Navigation
- VHF radio
- Autohelm 4000 AP
- Datamarine Depth/Speed/Wind
- Autohelm AWI
- Datamarine Depth
- The 4-50 watt Hamilton Ferris panels keep the house batteries and starter battery fully charged. They also keep the fridge going with very little need to run the engine while at a mooring. This makes for quiet evenings when on a cruise. This is a first class system, esthetically pleasing, and was professionally installed.
- (4) batteries
- Battery charger
- 120V AC Shore Power and Cord
- Simpson-Lawrence electric anchor windlass
- Bow Roller
- 2 Anchors (35# and 25#) w/ 50' chain and 150' nylon rode
- Custom canvas winter cover
- Recent cockpit cushions, sport seats
- Edson Teak Cockpit Table
- Achilles Inflatable dinghy w/ 3hp Yamaha
- Nova lift davit
- Stern mounted barbecue grill
Sails and Rigging
- Tides Strong Luff sail handling slides making raising and lowering the main nearly effortless.
- 2000 Doyle full batten Main w/ Doyle sail cradle
- Doyle Stack Pack
- 2001 National Sails 130% Genoa
- 1998 National Sails Asymetrical Spinnaker
- Lewmar ST Winches (46 primaries/30 secondaries)
- Keel Stepped Mast
- Roller furling
- Boom Vang
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.