1984 Lyman-Morse Cat Ketch
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Hilton Head, SC
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 289,000
Acadia has done it all, and is ready for a new owner to continue the adventure.
If one looks at her gorgeous bright work, flawless Awl grip(deck and hull), new cushions and new interior varnish, expansive galley and massive refrigeration with all control lines led to the cockpit, you may conclude that she is an elegant cruiser, blessed with Lyman Morse craftsmanship throughout. Cruise the Caribbean, with just a couple as crew.....go for it! Acadia has taken her owner from Newfoundland to Trinidad as well as the Western Caribbean in style and comfort.
If one concentrates on the simple cat ketch rig with all major controls handled by electric winch or hydraulics, you might conclude she's a serious shorthanded daysailer.
If one considers her race record with wins St Pete to Isla Majueres (5X), Gulf port to Pensacola, Marblehead to Halifax (3X), Marion Bermuda, NYYC Cruise, and Block Island Race Week one would conclude she's a blue water boat with an impressive turn of speed.
The best thing is that all of these conclusions are correct!
What ever your objective, ACADIA will serve you well and will wow you upon inspection.
"A Certified Professional Yacht Broker and Past President of the Yacht Brokers Association of America, Bill holds an Unlimited Master Mariner's License and has over 40 years experience in marine fields. Bill has been a broker with ECYS since 1998.".
Please contact Bill Full, CPYB at 207-846-4545
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Lyman Morse
Designer: German Frers
Hull Shape: Displacement
LOA: 49 ft 0 in
Beam: 14 ft 3 in
LWL: 39 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 8 in
Displacement: 34000 lbs Full Load
Headroom: 6 ft 6 in
Total Power: 55 HP
Engine Brand: Volvo
Year Built: 2008
Engine Model: D2-55
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: Folding propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 55 HP
Cruising Speed: 7 knots
Maximum Speed: 8 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: 6 Aluminum (400 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 2 Fiberglass (120 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 Plastic (28 Gallons)
Number of single berths: 1
Number of double berths: 3
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 1
With her Herreshoff style finish of varnished teak trim on white flat panels and an abundance of natural light and ventilation ACADIA is an extremely bright and airy yacht with berths or up to seven. Ten ports and six hatches, all with screens as well as four dorades provide plenty of fresh air. When artificial heat or ventilation is needed there is a 16,000 BTU reverse cycle (heats & cools) air conditioning unit. Headroom is impressive running 6'-6" to 6'-7" throughout on centerline.
Starting forward is the master cabin with 6'6" X 60" island berth and generous storage under and to port and starboard. A small settee is located to starboard as well.
Aft and to port is the head with electric toilet, vanity with storage and sink and separate stall shower compartment.
Next aft is the Salon featuring to port a U shaped settee 7' in length and 58" deep with two leaf table that can easily seat six for dinner. This can be made down into a double berth should occasion require. On the starboard side, is a straight settee.
Aft and to port is the U-Shaped galley which includes to starboard an extra large freezer and refrigerator lockers with Sea Frost holding plates running off both 12 volt and 120 volts. The galley features extensive storage and is equipped with a Force 10 gimballed 4 burner propane stove with oven and deep double basin sink with pressure fresh water, manual fresh and manual salt water supplies.
Aft of the galley to port is the guest cabin with generous double berth with plenty of storage in lockers and drawers below and in a hanging locker aft. To starboard is the navigation station and electrical distribution panel.
New cushions, fresh interior varnish, teak and holly sole, generous berths plus air conditioning make life below a real pleasure.
- 5 Hella 12 volt turbo fans
- Sony AM/FM/CD stereo
- wet locker aft
Sails & Rigging
This tapered carbon fiber spars; the owner reports that at the base the carbon fiber laminate is 1" thick!.
- All running rigging replaced in either in the 3 years prior to her long term layout or as part of the recommissioning summer 2019 and is all low stretch plaited high tech line
- (2) Barient #28ST electric chrome plated winches for main & mizzen halyards and reefing
- (2) Barient #28ST chrome plated winches for main/mizzen sheets
- (2) Barient #28ST cockpit chrome plated sheet winches
- (2) Barient #17 chrome plated staysail sheet winches
- Navtech central hydraulic system for vans and flattening reefs
- Doyle main sail
- Doyle mizzen
- Two Doyle jibs
- Six mizzen stay sails (2 on the wind 4 off the wind)
- Two mizzen spinnakers, symmetrical
- all sails have about 6 short New England seasons on them
- Garmin 2006C GPS Map color plotter 2019
- Furuno NT Max VX2 Radar Plotter 2005
- Standard Horizon Eclipse VHF radio 2006
- B & G Hydra 2000 Repeater 2006
- Simrad AP 16 Auto Pilot 2005
- Furuno NT Max VX2 Radar Plotter 2005
- Two B & G 20/20 displays 2006
- Two B & G Hydra displays 2006
- One B & G wind point & speed 2006
- Ritche 6" binnacle mount compass (and spare)
Wired for 12 Volt DC and 120 Volt AC service. When off the Dock the 7 kw Westerbeke generator showing 2600 hours as of 8/15/19 handles AC service.
12 volt DC:
- Distribution panel with breakers
- Volt & Amp meters
- 4 8-D house batteries new 2019
- 1 Group 24 generator start battery 2018
- 110 amp alternator
- battery parallel switch
120 Volt AC:
- Distribution panel with breakers
- Volt & Amp meters
- 30 amp shore power connection aft
- 50' 30 amp shore power cord
- 11 gallon hot water heater (also engine supplied)
- 50 amp battery charger
- Volvo 55 hp diesel with two 100 amp alternators (approx 1500 hrs), Martec folding prop
- Westerbeke 7 Kw generator (approx 2600 hrs)
- Four 8-D AGM batteries plus engine start battery and generator start battery
- Reverse cycle air conditioning
- Maxwell 1500 electric anchor windlass
- Sea Frost holding plate refrigeration
The fresh water cooled Volvo D2-55 was installed new in 2008. The old panel was left intact and shows 1500 hours but prior to sailing south from Maine to Hilton Head, the owner estimated there were just 500 hours on this engine. As the yacht had been laid up for the 5 prior years both the engine and generator had the heads removed engine internals inspected etc. and then given significant sea trials to help insure a trouble free 1200 mile delivery. The fuel was removed and new fuel loaded and the delivery was problem free other than the oversight of not having flushed the tanks and fuel lines. The yacht put in had the fuel removed and polished tanks flushed and cleaned and continued the delivery.
- Volvo V-drive
- Martech 2 blade folding propeller
- PYI dripless shaft seal
- Heart tank tender for fuel and water tanks
- Oil change pump
- Electric 3600 GPH bilge pump
- High capacity Manual Edson bilge pump below decks
- Smaller capacity Whale manual bilge pump in cockpit
- 16 K BTU reverse cycle air conditioning
- Macerator pump
In this day and age it is hard to believe but this is a one owner boat. Designed by German Frers and built by Lyman Morse to be a comfortably cruising yacht as well as a solid point to point racer. She has proven to be equally adept at both and as the owner has done some day racing nimble at that as well. Starting in 2008 she went through significant upgrades and refits including new engine, new hull and deck paint, and all systems having been gone over. The owner finished his use in 2012 and she remained in layup at Front Street Shipyard from 2013 thru 2018 the owner always thinking that "next year" or that his nephew, also a sailor would use the boat. Realizing that a buyer would be afraid of the "atrophy" with her going on the market he spent in excess of $60,000 having all systems gone over, engine and generator heads pulled and engine internals inspected on and on prior to having the yard do extensive sea trials with he and friends assisting a bit. She was then delivered by friends of the owner to his dock in Hilton Head, SC where she will remain until sold. During the entire 1200 mile delivery the ONLY item that cropped up was that fuel lines and tanks should have been flushed vs. pumping out and refilling with new fuel. That was done at a stop on route.
ACADIA was beautifully built and has been maintained to the highest standards by an owner who has had yachts as large as 100' and knows what needs to be done and how it should be done.
Hull and Deck
Fiberglass hull and deck with Diviniycell closed cell foam coring starting 6” above the waterline and in the decks. The hull is finished with Flag Blue Awl grip with a white boot stripe and the bottom is finished with a hard epoxy red anti-fouling. The hull was re-Awl gripped in 2010 and was out of service 2013-2019. In 2019 the bottom was soda blasted.
Deck has white house and light gray non skid (recent Awl grip)
- Varnished teak cap rail and eyebrow
- Rub rail with stainless cap
- Maxwell electric anchor windlass
- Dual rollers for anchors and divided anchor locker
- 60 lb CQR with 300' chain
- 45 lb CQR with chain and rode
- Saltwater wash down forward
- Fresh water wash down forward
- Stainless steel stanchions bow and stern rails with double lifelines and gates P&S
- Varnished teak cockpit table
- Teak grate cockpit sole
- Edson pedestal and wheel steering - wheel is leather covered
- Full cockpit cushions 2013
- Dodger, bimini and connector
- Sunbrella covers for toe and grab rails and cockpit table
- MOM 8A (requires inspection)
- 8 Lifejackets
- 4 fire extinguishers
- Flare kit
- 4 fenders with covers & 4 braided docklines
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from East Coast Yacht Sales
S&S Custom RPH
Boothbay, ME, United States