1984 Morris Justine 36
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Southwest Harbor, ME
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 174,500
CELERITY has been used seasonally in Maine by her current owner for the last 19 years and stored inside during the off season. She has a classic oiled teak interior in keeping with Tom Morris’ early boats with an open, functional layout. Set up for easy shorthanded sailing with family and friends she is a boat that will provide her next owners many years of enjoyment on the water.
Specializing in Morris/Hinckley Boat Sales, please call me, WYTHE INGEBRITSON: Cell: 207-664-8111 Office: 207-401-2802 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on Morris new and used sailboats and brokerage Hinckley power or sailboats.
For more information, please Contact WYTHE INGEBRITSON at MORRIS YACHTS BROKERAGE at 207-664-8111.
Please contact Wythe Ingebritson at 207-664-8111 or 207-401-2802
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Morris Yachts
Designer: Chuck Paine
Hull Shape: Monohull
LOA: 36 ft 3 in
Beam: 11 ft 7 in
LWL: 29 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 6 in
Displacement: 16600 lbs
Ballast: 6500 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 3 in
Total Power: 40 HP
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 3JH3E
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 770
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 40 HP
Cruising Speed: 7 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (100 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (40 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: Stainless steel (8 Gallons)
The Justine 36 was the most popular Ocean Series model built by Morris and combines the elegant lines and sea kindly sailing characteristics of Chuck Paine’s designs with the meticulous detail and heirloom quality craftsmanship of Morris Yachts. Capable of ocean crossings but easy to take out for a daysail, she is easily handled and a great boat for a couple or family to enjoy their time on the water.
Hand laminated solid glass hull built Vinylester resin.
All thru-hull fittings are in solid laminate.
External lead ballast keel.
Skeg-hung rudder with 1 ½” solid stainless steel shaft.
The propeller is protected by an aperture in the rudder skeg.
Thru hulls are bonded and grounded and standing rigging is grounded to ballast for lightning protection.
Teak rubrail with bronze chafe strip.
The deck is a one-piece fiberglass molding utilizing ¾” end grain balsa core for weight savings.
All hardware locations are drilled, tapped, bedded and thru-bolted completely through the deck.
Trunk cabin sides are solid fiberglass.
Deep molded-in bulwark with varnished teak cap provides safety on deck.
Custom stainless steel bow fitting with anchor roller and integrated bow line chocks.
Stainless steel bow and stern rails and stanchions with double lifelines.
Port and starboard lifeline gates.
Stainless steel folding boarding ladder mounts in the port lifeline gate.
(2) varnished teak dorade boxes with stainless steel dorade cowls.
(2) overhead hatches with reversible hinge positions (can be configured to open either forward or aft)
(9) bronze opening portlights with screens.
Stainless steel solar deck vent over galley.
Bronze chocks mounted to toe rail for midship and stern lines.
Herreshoff style bronze bow and midship cleats.
Bronze Sampson posts for stern lines.
Varnished teak handrails, eyebrow, dorade boxes, cockpit coaming cap and lazarette cover.
Bronze and stainless steel deck hardware.
Lewmar electric windlass with foot switches at bow
Secondary anchor rode access plate in foredeck forward of windlass
The cockpit is thoughtfully laid out with two settees forward of the wheel (the port has a shallow locker with fuel tank below and the starboard is a full sail locker) with high coamings that are angled for comfort when sitting. The primary winches are located within arm’s reach of the helm for easier short handled sailing.
Edson helm pedestal with engine controls, binnacle, helm guard and stainless steel destroyer style wheel
Elkhide cover on wheel rim
Varnished teak cockpit table mounted to pedestal guard with canvas cover
Varnished teak cup holder mounted above table
Varnished teak coaming cap and trim rings for winch pockets
Padeyes with strap for harness tethers
12v outlet for spotlight at helm
Manual bilge pump at helm
Varnished teak companionway trim with teak drop boards and screens
Teak companionway sliding hatch
Celerity is a dinette arrangement of the Morris Justine 36. She is finished with a classic oiled teak interior with teak trim, hull sheathing cabin sides and main bulkheads. Overhead panels, head and nav station and galley bulkheads are finished with white Formica with teak trim. The cabin sole is solid teak with an oiled finish. A teak finger rail runs the full length of the trunk cabin under the portlights and provides excellent handholds in addition to the handrails mounted on the overhead of the main cabin.
The companionway leads to a roomy starboard U-shaped galley with a quarter berth and nav station to port. The full-length quarter berth is covered in sea blue fabric and has hanging wet locker, drawer and locker storage. The nav station has large chart table with storage, bookshelves above desk, and nav seat with built in tool chest.
The main cabin has starboard side dinette arrangement teak table and U-shaped seating that converts to a double berth. An additional settee is located opposite the dinette on the port side with storage lockers and bookshelves on both sides above berths. All berths are covered in sea blue fabric. A cedar lined hanging locker is located on the port side between the berth and the forward bulkhead. The head is on the starboard side, forward of the forward main cabin and incorporates a separate shower stall, sink, mirror and storage lockers.
The forward cabin has roomy V-berth with filler cushion, and portside seat. Shelving on both sides above berth, drawers below and a small locker above seat provide ample storage. The interior is well-lit and ventilated with opening port lights, overhead hatches and reading lights.
The forward cabin features a v-berth with removable filler with a hanging locker aft of the berth to starboard and a seat opposite to port.
- Full length shelves on hull sheathing over v-berth
- Round removable access forward to chain locker
- Drawers and storage under berth
- Three opening portlights and an overhead hatch provide excellent natural light and ventilation
- 12v fan, (2) overhead dome lights and a bulkhead reading light
- Additional storage under and outboard of seat
The head is located forward of the dinette and incorporates a separate shower stall with seat.
- Stainless sink with hot/cold faucet and separate manual hand pump faucet
- Jabsco manual head
- Y-valve for overboard discharge or into holding tank
- Shower sump with teak grate
- Teak seat for shower
- Storage lockers with shelves under sink and outboard of head and shower
- Shower curtain
- Mirror mounted on aft bulkhead
- Two opening portlights and dorade provide abundant natural light and ventilation
- Teak handrail above sink
- 110v outlet
- Dome light
The main salon features a U-shaped dinette to starboard with a settee opposite to port.
- Ample storage in lockers and bookshelves outboard of the settees and behind the seatback cushions.
- Dinette table with removable pedestal lowers to create double berth
- Lee cloth for settee
- Excellent ventilation and additional natural light from five opening bronze portlights and an overhead hatch
- Additional light from bulkhead reading lights and overhead dome lights
- Large cedar lined hanging locker forward of port settee with louvered doors
- A Force 10 propane Cozy Cabin heater mounted to the hanging locker bulkhead keeps the cabin warm and dry
- Hanging brass oil lantern over table
- (2) 12v fans for additional ventilation
The U-shaped galley is located to starboard at the base of the companionway
- Kenyon two burner stove with oven and crash bar
- Cover for stove with storage behind stove
- Formica countertops with teak fiddles
- Double stainless steel sink with stainless steel faucet and cutting board insert
- Foot pump with manual faucet from fresh water tank
- Salt water hand pump
- Large insulated fridge box with adjustable shelves and 12v Frigoboat refrigeration system
- Storage locker and shelves outboard of stove with additional storage under counter outboard of sink
- Trash can and additional storage under sink
- 120v outlets
- Dish storage with silverware drawers mounted to aft bulkhead above fridge
- Large dry goods storage outboard of sink
The large nav station is located to port opposite the galley with easy access to the companionway.
- Fixed seat incorporates storage for tools and spares
- Large storage area under lifting nav desk top with shelves outboard
- Storage locker below nav desk
- Bulkhead mounted chart light
- 12v outlet
The single quarter berth is located immediately aft of the nav station
- Single berth with shelf along outboard sheathing
- Overhead dome light
- Drawer with storage below berth
- Additional storage under mattress
- Wet locker inboard of berth below companionway
- Storage locker at head of berth
- Located under companionway ladder – enclosure is removable for full access to engine for service
- Panel above engine incorporates main battery switch, inverter/charger panel, AC/DC electrical panel, backup hour meter, and breaker for windlass
- Yanmar 3JH3E 40 HP diesel engine
- Yanmar engine gauge panel in cockpit with tach, oil pressure, water temperature, volts and hour gauges
- Racor primary fuel filter/water separator
- 3 bladed feathering Max prop with line cutter
- Engine controls mounted on helm pedestal
- Fireboy automatic fire suppression system in engine compartment
- Force 10 Cozy Cabin propane heater
- 12v fresh water pump
- Nauta bladder fresh water tanks under salon settees (new 2016)
- Allcraft stainless steel hot water heater (heats from engine or shore power)
- Propane locker in lazarette with three 15# aluminum tanks
- Pressure regulator and remote solenoid system
- Xintex monitor propane fume detector
- Frigoboat 12v refrigeration with electronic control
- Salt water deck wash pump
- Rule submersible bilge pump with Paragon automatic float switch
- Shower sump pump with switch in head
- Manual overboard discharge pump for holding tank
- 8 gallon stainless steel holding tank
- Custom 12v DC and 120V AC panel with Xantrex Link 2000 monitor
- 120v shore power with 30 amp shore cord and galvanic isolator
- Heart Freedom 10 inverter/charger
- Electrical panel is hinged for easy access to wiring behind
- External smart regulator with
- Starting battery – one Group 31
- House battery bank – two Group 31 batteries
- Copper bonding system tied to standing rigging metal tanks, engine, keel and hull zinc
- Balmar alternator with external smart regulator
Electronics and Navigation
- Garmin GPS map 740 color GPS chartplotter/radar (new last year at Morris)
- Garmin radome mounted to mast
- Garmin wind/speed/depth transducers interfaced to Garmin chartplotter
- Raymarine ST6001+ autopilot control at companionway
- Raymarine ST6001+ autopilot control at helm
- Standard Horizon Intrepid+ VHF
- Remote mic for VHF in cockpit winch pocket
- Ritchie PowerDamp compass mounted on helm pedestal
- AM/FM cassette player with Visonik speakers
Spars and Rigging
- Aluminum sloop rig with removable inner forestay with storage fittings at staysail track on trunk cabin
- Oversized 3/8” stainless steel wire rigging with Staylok fittings
- Hall Quick vang
- Forespar spinnaker pole with storage on mast
- Bronze genoa track
- Harken traveler system
- Harken roller furler for genoa
- North full batten main with two reefs
- North furling genoa (2015)
- North furling genoa
- Lewmar bronze 16 self-tailing two speed main halyard winch on mast
- Lewmar bronze 16 self-tailing two speed spinnaker halyard winch on mast
- Lewmar bronze 16 self-tailing two speed jib halyard winch on mast
- Lewmar bronze single speed reefing winch on mast over vang
- Lewmar bronze 43 self-tailing two speed primary winches
- Lewmar bronze 30 self-tailing two speed winches on cabin top
- Lewmar electric windlass with horizontal chain gypsy
- Delta primary anchor with chain/rope rode mounted on bow roller
- 70 lb. Luke storm anchor stowed in chocks under cabin floor
- Secondary anchor rode through deck fitting aft of windlass
- Emergency tiller
- McMurdo 406 GPRIB
- (3)Fire extinguishers
- Horseshoe mounted to stern rail
- Winslow 6 person 60SL/Or life raft (out of inspection)
- Radar reflector
- Weems & Plath Clock with tide indicator and Barometer
- Tool kit
- Boat hook
- Varnished teak flag pole
- Mount for dinghy engine on stern rail
- Dinghy motor hoist at stern rail
- Dock lines
- Fenders with polar fleece covers
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Hinckley Yacht Brokerage
Northeast Harbor, ME, United States
Ocean Series 34
Harpswell, ME, United States
Northeast Harbor, ME, United States
Mt. Desert, ME, United States
Ocean Series 48
St. Joseph, MI, United States
Bourne, MA, United States
cheap and easy