1983 Hunter 22
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Located In:
- Memphis, TN
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 4,750
Priced at only 4,750, WITH A current NADA book value of 7,510.00 (what your banker will use for valuation) this FRESH WATER HUNTER 22 is complete with a nifty tandem axle trailer with NEW TIRES and a 4 stroke Tohatsu 6 hp outboard. THIS IS OVER $ 2,760.00 below NADA pricing ! ! !
This should be called a HUNTER 24 as this model Hunter 22 is significantly bigger and roomier than the Hunter 23 that followed her in production as she has a higher freeboard and more headroom etc. Again, should be called a Hunter 24 in relative size in comparison to a Catalina 22's or the like. The keel weight of this Hunter 22 is 1,300 lbs where as a Cat 22's swing keel is only 550 lbs. Clearly the Hunter 22 is much more stable than most ANY 22'er available.. She really is a 24 in size.
Further, this Hunter 22 as a fixed keel version allows one to not have to fool with a winch mechanism for a swing keel, she ends up giving more stability and better performance to windward. Wonderful sailing boat.
With the solid attractive trailer under her getting the boat to her new home port with more security as the trailer has four brand new tires .
With this pricing we are allowing EXCESSIVE $'s in price reduction to take care of the detailing and corrections WITH THOUSANDS Left over in excess to your favor. Easily corrected, to the bulkheads - - one needs epoxy and the small bulkhead may need replacing. A simple job that either you can do or our staff @ Rooke Sails can easily do. The underbody is in better than average condition and if the exterior wood were refinished the boat would knock it out of the park and would be equal or better than most any Hunter 22 out there.
The outboard is a LOW hours NEW looking Four Stroke 6 Hp Tohatsu with a very long shaft - - approximately a 2010 model . Many pre-sailed boats become un-enjoyable because they have a pitiful outboard and makes one wish they had never bought the boat. This Tohatsu 6 Hp is current, runs great and will enhance your enjoyment. And if this allows you and your wife to have an enjoyable time, she just might be the one encouraging you to buy a bigger boat in the near future. Nothing like success to breed success.
Please drop by or call and make an appointment to see this nifty Fresh Water Hunter 22 with trailer & great motor. NOW ONLY 4,750.00 !!! Come Steal this nifty Hunter 22 ! ! ! You will be glad you did.
IT'S YOUR MOVE ! !
Contact: Chris Rooke, Rooke Sails, Inc., 1744 Prescott So., Memphis, Tn. @ I 240 and US 78
Dealers for: BENETEAU (since 1983), Hunter trailerables, Hobie, Precision & Sunfish/Laser
Always looking for quality brokerage boats for listings, we offer full yard services, installations mechanical & electrical, sailmaking facilities on sight with sail repair a specialty, with years of experience, and a North Sails dealer, we hope we can be of service to you. We are unique with our Air Ride equipment and Crane equipped trucks & trailers for transporting, rigging & freshwater launching of sailboat up to 20,000 lbs, thus in many cases you only have to deal with one set of service providers not multiple vendors. We save you time, stress and strain. Celebrating 48 years of helping the sailing community have more fun.
Please contact Chris Rooke at 901 744-8500
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 22 ft 3 in
Beam: 7 ft 11 in
Maximum Draft: 3 ft 4 in
Bridge Clearance: 30 ft 3 in
Number of heads: 1
- LOA = 22' 3"
- LWL = 18' 4"
- BEAM = 7' 11"
- DRAFT = 5' 0"
- DISPLACEMET = 3,200 LB
- BALLAST = 1,300 LB (PART OF THE 3,200 LBS)
- SAIL AREA = 219 sq ft
- I = 27' 0"
- J = 9' 0"
- P = 23' 6"
- E = 8' 4"
- 6 HP TOHATSU
- LONG SHAFT
- APPROXIMATELY A 2010, NOT A 1983 outboard
- Deep Cockpit - - more leg comfort
- Traveler in forward end of cockpit - - better sail control and never have to turn around to the rear to release the mainsheet. Traveler allows for better sail trim thus reducig the weather helm to a more balanced helm - - easier to sail in a breeze
- Aluminum toe rails - - wonderful footing at an angle of heel - - most new boats don't have this feature as they are expensive - - but worth it !
- built-in Anchor well
- Large Off Shore type deck hatch in front of mast and over V berth
- Hinge Mast
- Fixed keel - - sails better and creates a MUCH stiffer boat
- No blisters on underbody
- Tiller Steering
- 12 volt distribution panel
- 12 volt deep cycle battery
- Cabin lights
- Navigation lights
- Mast lights
- VHF radio mounted in cabin
- Digital Depthmether
- Teak and Holly cabin sole
- Teak bulkheads
- Flat cabin floor - - no raise in floor due to no swing keel
- 5' 6" Headroom - - many a wife can stand up in this Hunter 22
- Nice cushions - - attractive
- Porta potty
- Fixed Drop leaft table
- Galley aft under entrance way
- Curtian separating V berth from main cabin
- Mainsail - - good conditon
- Headsail - - Jib - - good condition
- Genoa 150% - - good condition
- Mainsail cover - - fair condition
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Rooke Sails
Nashville, TN, United States
Memphis, TN, United States
Iuka, MS, United States
Iuka, MS, United States