1983 Formosa FORMOSA 56
- View Full Specifications
Formosa 56 Ketch
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Honolulu, HI
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 140,000
The boat is moored at Kewalo Basin Harbor in a transferable slip!
This Formosa handles very well and can be shorthanded when docking and single handed under sail out at sea.
Strong vessel with a stable deep draft for stability in rough seas and she has that classic look combined with modern comforts.
Proven cruiser, as owners have sailed her from the San Francisco Bay in California to explore the beauty of French Polynesia before settling in Hawaii. Before that she had been through the Panama Canal.
She was built to the highest quality standards by the prestigious Formosa shipyard in Taipei, Taiwan in 1983.
LISTING BROKER: Brad Vessels
For additional information or to see this vessel, please contact me at:
Phone#: 808 256-5206
Facebook: Kokua Yacht Sales, LLC
Please contact Brad Vessels at (808) 256-5206
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
LOA: 63 ft 0 in
Beam: 15 ft 9 in
LWL: 45 ft 8 in
Minimum Draft: 7 ft 8 in
Displacement: 44000 lbs Dry Load
Ballast: 16500 lbs
Headroom: 6 ft 0 in
Dry Weight: 110000 lbs
Total Power: 120 HP
Engine Brand: Ford Lehman
Year Built: 1983
Engine Model: 2715E
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 120 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: 4 Stainless steel (200 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 2 Stainless steel (103 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 (13 Gallons)
Number of twin berths: 2
Number of double berths: 2
Number of cabins: 3
Number of heads: 2
This Formosa 56 Cutter Ketch feels right at home in the open ocean or as a stateful liveaboard yacht in a quaint location. Trim the sails as you take the helm from the comfort of the cockpit with a view into the salon and the nav station below. Relax and plot your destination from here.
Enter the spacious salon through the companionway and down the stairs you will see the large table and seating with teak all around, and plenty of light and windows to look out.
The nav station is conveniently located on starboard where all electronics and the breaker panel can be managed.
The galley is located port of the stairway and is equipped with a propane stove with oven, double sink with hot and cold running water, granite countertop, ice chests and ample storage.
The charming aft stateroom has a large bed, vanity, hanging lockers, storage space and large ports looking astern.
Through the door with a carved square rigger, we enter the aft bathroom with shower, granite countertop, sink with hot and cold running water and a head.
Going forward is the side stateroom with two bunks, port holes and from there access to the salon through a door with a Buddha past the nav station.
Next to the mirror in the salon, is a door with a Buddha and a sign that reads: "Captain's quarters" and leads to a charming forward stateroom with settee, vanity, hanging lockers, storage space and two bunks.
Further towards the bow is the second bathroom with shower, granite countertop, sink with hot and cold running water and head.
Up in the bow is a locker with ample room for lines, oars, boat hooks, a ladder and the Anchor Chain Lockers which also house the windlasses.
- West Marine stainless steel propane (LPG) barbecue.
- Walker Bay 8 foot (2.5 m) rigid dinghy with sail kit.
Hull & Deck Paint:
- Interlux Brightside Polyurethane high-gloss topside finish.
- Full boat (brightwork and deck)
- Mainsail, Mizzen sail and Inner staysail boom
- Stainless steel dinghy
- Hull Bottom: Interlux Interprotect epoxy barrier coating with Red Trinidad SR antifouling paint.
- Standard Horizon Quest+ Marine VHF in cockpit with RAM+ CM26 remote in Nav station.
- Standard Horizon GX3210S backup Marine VHF in Nav station.
- Icon IC-M802 Marine HF SSB radio transceiver in Nav station (not mounted).
- Navico Simrad RC42 Rate Compass (electronic located under salon sole).
- Ritchie PowerDamp 4 inch (10 cm) compass (magnetic with binnacle mount by helm in cockpit).
- Ritchie "Angler" 2+1/2 inch (64 mm) compass (magnetic in nav station).
- Course Keeper 210 Autopilot compass (electronic).
Wind Speed / Direction:
- Navico B&G Triton Wind sensor 508 masthead Wind transducer.
- Navico Simrad / Airmar DST200 Depth Speed Temperature transducer.
- N (type N/A) - The Icon IC-M802 can access all 27 MHz (11 m) Citizens Band channel frequencies and modulation modes (and is programmed to include the emergency channel 9).
- Navico Simrad GS15 GPS.
- Navico Simrad / Airmar DST200 Depth Speed Temperature transducer (about 60.5 inch = 1.54 m above keel bottom height).
- Navico / B&G / Lowrance / Simrad StructureScan LSS-2 sonar computer and two Airmar transducers (one on each side of the fin keel, about 53 inch = 1.35 m above its bottom).
Forward Looking Sonar:
- Garmin Color Twinscope SE Forward Looking Sonar with SE-200 sonar Computer, 7 inch (18 cm) Display / Controller in cockpit and extra Keypad in nav station (and use TV as display), 90 degree vertical / 90 degree horizontal scan 375W 200KHz transducer (about 56 inch = 1.42 m above keel bottom height).
- Navico / B&G / Lowrance / Simrad 4G Radar with RI10 controller.
- Majestic 12V TV / DVD Player (used as TV and inside Zeus display).
- Katadyn Power Survivor 160E.
MFD (chartplotter etc.):
- Navico B&G Zeus 12 inch (31 cm) MFD (Multi Function Display) for Charts, Depth, Radar, Wind, ... and can control and display most Autopilot features.
- Navico Simrad OP40 Wired Remote Control in nav station (with TV as display) for B&G Zeus MDF in cockpit.
- Navico Simrad AC42 Autopilot drive Computer.
- Navico Simrad AP24 Control unit for AC42.
- Navico Simrad RF25 Rotary Rudder Feedback sensor.
- Navico Simrad RF3000 Linear Rudder Interface and RFI3000MK2 Interface (used as backup for the more accurate and reliable RF25).
- AccuSteer HRP100-12 Reversing Hydraulic Steering Pump.
- Navico Simrad B&G Triton T41 Display Wind, depth, various speeds, drift, rudder and some other Autopilot information, GPS info.
- Cetec Benmar Course Keeper 210 with handset.
- Teleflex Sytten hydraulic pump for the Benmar Course Keeper 210 backup auto helm.
- Navico Simrad GS15 GPS Antenna.
- Glomex GXRA1225 collinear 5/8 wave VHF antenna, cable and mount (on Mizzen top)
- GAM ADAP-I on a 1 inch – 14 tpi (threads per inch) antenna mount for antennas with PL258 connector (or PL259 with adapter) and cable (on Main spreader) (antenna defective)
- Metz Antenna mount with PL259 connector and cable (on Main top) (antenna defective)
USCG Approved Running Lights:
- Aqua Signal series 40 running lights: SSb40, SBs40, H40
USCG Approved PFDs No.:
- 5 wearable life vests onboard (and more in storage)
Fire Ext. No.:
- 6 (or more)
USCG Man Overboard Array:
- Lifesling and a ring buoy (and 6 Type IV cushions).
- Two (2) 1.57 inch (40 mm) submersible pumps with electric float switches (automatic, in main keel bilge sump) (Seaflo SFBP1-G3700-01 3700 GPH)
- Submersible electric with auto float switch (automatic, in engine room bilge)
- Edson 2 inch (5 cm) intake/discharge bronze diaphragm pump (lever action manual).
- High water alarm
- Emergency tiller (manual stainless steel) (hydraulic steering bypass valve)
- Halon 1301 automatic and CO2 Fire extinguishers in engine room, 5 ABC Dry chemical in living spaces
- Jack-lines / taught safety lines to tether to (PFD with) harness.
- 6-step hinged stainless steel boarding ladder.
- Condition: tired, Type: Three (3) reef points, Dacron Lee sails.
- Condition: tired, Type: Two (2) reef points, Dacron Lee sails.
Jib (headstay staysail):
- Condition: good (with furler on forestay).
Inner forestay staysail (Jib):
- Condition: tired, Type: Self tacking boom with sheet led aft to cockpit and One (1) reef point, Dacron Lee sails.
- Condition: good.
- Facnor LS 290 furler (2013) for Jib (headstay staysail).
- Two (2) Barlow 32CST jib sheet self-tailing 2-speed winches in cockpit.
- One (1) Barlow 27CST mainsheet self-tailing 2-speed winch in cockpit.
- One (1) Barlow 27CST staysail self-tailing sheet 2-speed winch in cockpit.
- Two (2) Barlow 27C halyard 2-speed winches on mainmast.
- One (1) Barlow 25C halyard 2-speed winch on mainmast.
- One (1) Barlow 23C reefing 2-speed winch on mainmast.
- One (1) Barlow 23C halyard 2-speed winch on mizzen mast.
- One (1) Barlow 20C reefing 2-speed winch on mizzen mast.
- Two (2) mast pulpits with three teak belaying pins each side.
- Harken adjustable mainsheet traveller.
- Mizzen sheet on traveller track with slide and stops.
- Nicro/Fico staysail boom traveller with slide and stops.
- Lazy-jacks and extra line to facilitate easier flaking when dowsing the mainsail.
- Cunningham for mizzen and main downhaul.
- 16:1 boom vang on main boom.
- 8:1 boom vang on mizzen boom.
- Self-tacking boom with inner forestay staysail sheet led down (no need for boom vang) and aft to cockpit.
- Preventers / jibe-guard.
Location of cockpit:
Two (2) Electric: Maxwell (Vetus) VWLP1500-12v100 windlass with solenoid and low profile chainwheel - Maximum Pull Rating: 1500 Lbs (680 kg), Chain Speed: 56 ft/min (17 m/min).
- Twin Vinyl-coated stainless steel wire, stanchions and teak cap rail aft.
- 104 Lbs (48 kg) CQR
- 75 Lbs (34 kg) CQR Port.
Anchor chain rode:
- 370 feet (113 m) all 3/8 inch chain 300 feet G-4, Grade 80 link, 75 feet Grade 70 - total weight with anchor: 654 Lbs (296 kg).
- 300 feet (91 m) all 3/8 inch chain 300 feet G-4 (High Test Grade 43) (no rope) - total weight with anchor: 522 Lbs (237 kg).
- (Inspected 2013)
Standing Rig Replacement:
- 2013: masts restepped, shrouds and stays (9mm and 12mm stainless steel wires), turnbuckles, sheaves, lazy-jacks.
Running Rig Replacement:
- 2013: halyards, sheets and other lines,..... replaced (mostly with 12mm rope), winches serviced.
She sleeps 9 people comfortably with 3 seperate staterooms. The has two heads with showers.-Sleeps 9
- Aft stateroom sleeps two (2) in one large
- (Starboard) Side stateroom sleeps two (2) in a bunk
- (Forward) Captain's quarters stateroom sleeps two (2) in a bunk
- Salon sleeps two (2) in one large bunk and one (1) on a
- Beautiful teak wood carvings decorating doors and other
- Teak parquet cabin soles
- Lots of storage cabinets, drawers, (hanging) lockers and accessible space under bunks and
- Nav station with chart
- Two (2) desks or vanity
- Over 6 foot (2 m) headroom throughout the interior.
- Gimballed stainless steel 2-burner propane (LPG) stove with oven.
- Four (4), two thermally insulated coolbox cabinets, and large front and large top loading icebox without active refrigeration.
- Galley Hot / Cold pressurized water sink
- Galley sink water foot pumps with spout (one fresh and one salt water - New water
- Granite countertops in salon, galley and bathrooms.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Other Boats from Kokua Yacht Sales
Kapolei, HI, United States
Kapolei, HI, United States
KoOlina, HI, United States
Kapolei, HI, United States
KoOlina, HI, United States
Kapolei, HI, United States