1983 DeFever 41 Trawler
- View Full Specifications
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Saint Petersburg, FL
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 85,000 Tax Paid
The DeFever 41 is a traditional double cabin trawler design, featuring two staterooms, a galley up, a fully instrumented lower helm, convertible dinette, centerline walkaround queen master berth and two spacious heads with showers.
Tongue and groove teak wainscot interior with a teak and holly sole, fiberglass wrapped fuel tanks, a bow thruster, inverter, dinghy with Yamaha, davits and recent Furuno electronics. A very well equipped cruiser with a fold down mast and a high quality Awlgrip exterior paint makes this a perfect looper.
Vessel has just received fresh bottom paint as of August 1, 2020. All sea cocks serviced, and new zincs. All fluids and filters have been changed. Boat is now ready to go again!
CONTACT LISTING BROKER:
ROGER S. COLE, CPYB @ 727-460-0228 OR EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org Or email@example.com
VESSEL IS LOCATED IN: SAINT PETERSBURG, FL
Please contact Roger S. Cole, CPYB, IYBA at 727-460-0228
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Flag of Registry: United States
LOA: 41 ft 0 in
Beam: 14 ft 2 in
LWL: 34 ft 7 in
Minimum Draft: 4 ft 0 in
Dry Weight: 33000 lbs
Total Power: 130 HP
Engine Brand: Perkins
Year Built: 1983
Engine Model: 354M
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 3800
Drive Type: Direct Drive
Engine Power: 130 HP
Cruising Speed: 8 knots
Fresh Water Tanks: (250 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: Fiberglass (400 Gallons)
Number of cabins: 2
Number of heads: 2
The Forward Stateroom (with privacy door), features a V-Berth with insert filler, a separate head with shower, a large hanging locker and an overhead escape hatch.
Up two steps to the salon with a fully instrumented lower helm, a convertible settee, port and starboard sliding doors, and a U-Shaped galley.
Aft and down to the master stateroom with a centerline queen berth, a large walk-in closet, an enclosed head with a separate tub/shower, and a convenient desk/study area. There is a companionway aft that allows direct access to the aft deck.
The decks are wide with opening gates in the handrails and full walk around. Up from the aft deck to the trunk cabin and then up to the Flybridge with centerline helm, oversize bimini with a full 4-sided enclosure.
The dinghy is hung from the transom with S/S davits. The Mast is hinged to allow for low bridges.
Galley is up in the aft starboard side of the salon. It is U-Shaped with good storage.
- 4-Burner Magic Chef Propane stove with oven
- Electric remote gas solenoid for propane shut off
- (2) Propane tanks in outside vented locker
- Newer Novacool over/under refrigerator with bottom freezer
- Under-cabinet S/S microwave
- Deep S/S sinks
- 20 Gallon hot water heater
- Upgraded faucets
- Onan 8 KW Diesel generator with 900 hours
- 3000 Watt Inverter/Charger Freedom 30 by Xantrex
- Xantrex Link 100 Inverter Controller
- (5) Newer AGM Batteries
- Newer electrical transfer switches and battery cables
- Xantrex True-Charge 40 Amp three stage battery charger
- (2) 30 amp 110V shore power services with cables
- Good assortment of needed power cord adapters
- Previously had a bank of (4) 6V golf cart batteries, cabling and platforms remain if one wishes a higher storage capacity for the inverter
Electronics, Entertainment and Navigation
Both Helm Stations have a full complement of quality Electronics. Furuno system is networked between two 12 inch Muti-Funcion Displays.
- (2) 6 inch Powerdamp Compass
- Standard Horizon VHF Marine Radio's (2)
- Furuno RD-30 GPS/Digital depth (2)
- Furuno VX2 NAVNET 12 inch Multi Function Displays (MFD)
- Furuno RSB0071 4KW 24"Radome Radar Networked 36 Mile
- Full Daylight viewable GPS Charting on MFD'S
- Furuno NAV Pilot Autopilot (2 Station)
- Engine room cameras display on Furuno Network
- Guest Remote Spotlight
- Sony AM/FM Stereo System (Single Disc CD-Player and Aux Input)
- KVH TracVision-4 HP Satellite TV System (HDTV Compatible)
- 23" Television in Salon and 17" Television in Aft Stateroom
- Clock and Barometer and Tide instrument
All oils and filters changed 2020. New boittom paint as of 8-01-2020.
- Vetus Electric Bow Thruster with 2 station controls
- Perkin 6.3544M 130 HP Diesel with 3,800 Hours
- Borg Warner Velvet Drive Transmission. 2.5 to1 reduction
- Racor Fuel Filters
- Electric Windlass
- Hydraulic 2 station wheel steering
- Full engine gauge package at both helms
- Vacu Flush head in Master Stateroom
- Manual Head in V-Berth
- (2) Cruisaire Reverse Cycle air conditioning systems 25K BTU
- (2) Automatic electric (and 1 manual) bilge pumps
- Raw Water washdown for anchor
Vessel has a complete exterior Awlgrip paint job. Black hullsides and an off white topsides. Full walkaround decks with teak overlay.
- S/S manual dinghy davits on transom with winch
- Avon RIB (2008) with cover
- Yamaha 15 HP O/B (2 Stroke)
- Anchor pulpit with rails
- Electric Windlass 12 V Simpson Lawrence
- 45 Lb. CQR Anchor with chain rode
- Danforth Spare Anchor
- (8) Bronze opening portlights with screens
- S/S folding swim ladder
- Spreader Lights on Mast
- S/S propane grill
- Ventilated Propane storage locker for two 20# tanks
- S/S Bimini with 4-sided Isinglass enclosure and U-Zips
- Dockside water hookup
- Window covers in Solid Canvas, Black and White Textalene
- Textalene mesh bug screens for doors
This was previously a great Lakes boat. Current owner purchased in Michigan in 2014 and began the Great Loop Trip. Health problems caused him to stop in Saint Petersburg and he is no longer able to complete the voyage.
Boat has a full exterior awlgrip paint job, is well equipped with low hour generator, bow thruster, Furuno electronics, good canvas, a nice interior with minimal water staining, a dry bilge, and is overall appears in very sound condition with noticeably less corrosion than a typical Florida boat. Exterior paint is still very nice.
Vessel has completed renewal of her anti-fouling bottom paint and servicing of all sea cocks. Engine servicing is also underway. 8-01-2020
A very economical cruiser that would be ideal for the Great Loop.
Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.